Europa Conference League 2023/4 | Page 207 | Vital Football

Europa Conference League 2023/4

I'd be playing the strongest team we can because we've been far from convincing at home in Europe this season, and if we make a balls of this then it will feel like the season is unravelling.

Give it the full bollocks and forget about West Ham, it's not like saving ourselves for the next game has been a winning strategy recently.
I’d play the strongest team available every game now - one game at a time - full bollox - Emery’s laptop will be hot and purring, he will want to win and win well.

I'd be playing the strongest team we can because we've been far from convincing at home in Europe this season, and if we make a balls of this then it will feel like the season is unravelling.

Give it the full bollocks and forget about West Ham, it's not like saving ourselves for the next game has been a winning strategy recently.
Yeah we need to banish the demons but we do need to keep an eye on Sunday TBF.

I think Unai wants to do well in the PL as that is what he is and will be judged on, he'll try his best to win the conference Cup but not at the expense of throwing away CL football next season. We need the CL prestige and money next season if we are going to progress, if that comes as well as a cup all is well.

I think Unai wants to do well in the PL as that is what he is and will be judged on, he'll try his best to win the conference Cup but not at the expense of throwing away CL football next season. We need the CL prestige and money next season if we are going to progress, if that comes as well as a cup all is well.
After seeing us capitulate against Spurs I am concerned about throwing away CL football in pursuit of a final we're not going to show up at. At the same time, we need to do our part to make 5th place a CL spot.

This is a must win. We need to win a trophy plus as CDX said 5th is more likely to be a CL spot if we do well in Europe. I hope the atmosphere is a lot better than it was against Spurs and the team get the lift they need. The atmosphere was crap on Sunday. The amount of people who just sit there and don’t cheer the team on or join in with any of the chants is staggering.

This is a must win. We need to win a trophy plus as CDX said 5th is more likely to be a CL spot if we do well in Europe. I hope the atmosphere is a lot better than it was against Spurs and the team get the lift they need. The atmosphere was crap on Sunday. The amount of people who just sit there and don’t cheer the team on or join in with any of the chants is staggering.
It seemed flat to me as well - the miserable weather and conditions didn’t help but we are all under cover. I chose the Spurs game instead of the euro game, hopefully the wrong decision for me. Let’s see a rip roaring game against a team we should dispatch and get the crowd bouncing.

All eyes on the set up and approach for me. The last two games have been explicitly negative from the manager. I'm intrigued to see what he does this time around.

I think a formation tweak could be in order, thinking ahead to life without Mcginn as we're very short on centre mids. I'd be going 4-3-3 for a while.

Emi

Cash
Carlos
Lenglet (save Pau for the league)
Moreno

Luiz
McGinn
Tielemens

Bailey
Watkins
Diaby

Then for the next 3 league matches, konsa and Pau back in, and Ramsey (if fit) or Tim in for Mcginn.

After seeing us capitulate against Spurs I am concerned about throwing away CL football in pursuit of a final we're not going to show up at. At the same time, we need to do our part to make 5th place a CL spot.
I think this game has taken on a new importance. Football is played in the head in a large part, and a good win Thursday will get the lads and the fans back up and believing once again.. lose and the heads go down.

Never been forgiven and I'm sure Unai won't do the same.

Mind you most of our U21's are out on loan.
Unai will try and win no matter what team he puts out. We started with 2 players who have never started a PL game in the away leg and came back with a draw, I'm sure he'll pick a side he thinks can beat Ajax at Villa Park.

A must-win game. Simple as that for me.

And if the players don't know that after Sunday's debacle then they lack the bootle needed to win on a pitch.

Far too often for my liking, which Villa will turn up?

As above we really need to help. They are struggling for whatever reason. It maybe injuries, mental and physical fatigue or some other reason.

It's easy to sing when we are cruising. However they need to be shown we still believe UTV.
If I could go to this game against Ajax I would and by then I would have put Sunday's result at the back of my mind so I would be giving them my 100% vocal support and I hope others have the same opinion at Villa Park, but I'm afraid human nature being what it is, then we know how some may react?

Several players need a goal, a break from poor form and I just hope it happens for us and them on Thursday evening.