Gazza, the saddest interview you will see | Vital Football

Gazza, the saddest interview you will see

I met him 6/7 years ago at Skegness he was great, just so sad, he’s coming to the Hilton in Lincoln end of this month or next month.

Remember when he played for Boston he looked at shell tragic because he was 36 so really if he had looked after himself he should have still been head and shoulders above the rest. But really he was washed up. Shame because early 90s he was one of the best on the world.

Remember a lot of mates who used to go up to Middlesbrough when he played there as guests of Marlon. All with photos boozing with gazza.

Believe his last Football League game was the one at Sincil Bank where he did that daft 'Rugby kick' style celebration - a comment on KA's style of play presumably - after he whipped in the cross for Jason Lee to score.

I don't really know if I feel sorry for him or not.
Despite his injury problems he had a good career doing what he loved to do. Played in some fantastic stadiums with and against some of the world's best players at the time including playing in a world cup.. Earned more money than most of us will see in our lifetimes. Spent it but looked like he enjoyed spending it at the time.
I don't have any ill
feelings towards him and hope things do improve for him but actually I don't fthink i feel sorry for him.

I don't really know if I feel sorry for him or not.
Despite his injury problems he had a good career doing what he loved to do. Played in some fantastic stadiums with and against some of the world's best players at the time including playing in a world cup.. Earned more money than most of us will see in our lifetimes. Spent it but looked like he enjoyed spending it at the time.
I don't have any ill
feelings towards him and hope things do improve for him but actually I don't fthink i feel sorry for him.
Pretty much this. Maybe I'm wrong, but I think most of his problems are self-inflicted.

Pretty much this. Maybe I'm wrong, but I think most of his problems are self-inflicted.

That coupled with having too many hangers on at the peak of his popularity. Reminds me of George Best, in terms of their wasted lives after football. Saw Bestie a few times in a bar in London, being bought drinks to the point he could hardly put a sentence together. It’s never clever to buy a chronic alcoholic a drink, no matter how popular or famous they used to be.