Simon S interview | Vital Football

Simon S interview

He'd jump at the chance to sell if someone came along...
I hope so. I'd get murdered for saying what I think (maybe the truth) on some forums. I appreciate he may be investing £millions to stand still. But wouldn't it be nice to get some real money, some real ambition and someone who knows the football business? That or any part of it compared to where we are now.

Listened to the full interview today.
Didn't convince me.
The bit about him being involved in the club time wise- it might be 1hr via xmzoom or 10 to 15hrs the next week.
He said he allows people to get on with their jobs - we know that's not true.
Used the line play off King's...
Bookmark that line above for a later date.
Talked about the £7m less tv £££ between championship and Div 3 and how its widening g next season.

Costing him.££ being at this level.

Usual stuff. My interpretation - not the easy going bloke he wants us to believe he is.

Appears disingenuous, Hollywood actors would most likely act with more sincerity. I won't buy into Smug Simon. I know a bull shitter when I see one. After all they make their money through bullshit, Its a habit.

Last edited:
Appears disingenuous, Hollywood actors would most likely act with more sincerity. I won't buy into Smug Simon. I know a bull shitter when I see one. After all they make their money through bullshit, Its a habit.
🤣🤣🤣 very true.

Looked up "smarmy" in the dictionary and the definition was Simon Sadler.

🤣🤣🤣 very true.

Looked up "smarmy" in the dictionary and the definition was Simon Sadler.
I could half understand it if he had something to be smarmy about. He fills me with pessimism, the man is dull as dish water. I just can't take to him. If we haven't moved forward any in over 5 years then that tells us all we need to know about him. Tomorrow never comes.

I could half understand it if he had something to be smarmy about. He fills me with pessimism, the man is dull as dish water. I just can't take to him. If we haven't moved forward any in over 5 years then that tells us all we need to know about him. Tomorrow never comes.

Things won't ever get any better. Perhaps myself and others expect too much?

A shot on goal in over 100 minutes of a game isn't too much to ask for surely?

I am just really bored with everything at the moment. The lad who sits next to me has been a diehard for close to 60 years and he even said before the last home game "I can't be arsed with this anymore!" 🤷

Things won't ever get any better. Perhaps myself and others expect too much?

A shot on goal in over 100 minutes of a game isn't too much to ask for surely?

I am just really bored with everything at the moment. The lad who sits next to me has been a diehard for close to 60 years and he even said before the last home game "I can't be arsed with this anymore!" 🤷
Sad, I'v been supporting since 1966 and definitely know how he feels.

Our away form is our biggest failure this season. Our home form is up there with Portsmouth.

Portsmouth have gained 36 points from18 league games away from home this season so far.

and

Blackpool have gained 16 points from 17 league games away from home this season so far.

That is the difference between an automatic promotion team and a going no where team. It needs sorting for our next season in L1.

The home form of Portsmouth shows they have gained 37 points from 17 games played so far.

and

Blackpool have gained 37 points from 18 home games played so far.

Last edited:
SS to me just sounds like a smug, arrogant piece of work. No ambition.

Take a look at Wrexham and what they have achieved so far with ambitious owners. Yes, I know they're Hollywood actors with loads of dosh but it's irrelevant in a way as they certainly haven't spent a fortune on management or players but I'll bet you Wrexham will soon overtake Blackpool in the league thanks to their dedication and willingness to back them.

SS just saw himself as the 'home town hero' with the cash (which I don't think he has anymore!) and 'saviour'.

Well, SS, its worn off for me - go away.

SS to me just sounds like a smug, arrogant piece of work. No ambition.

Take a look at Wrexham and what they have achieved so far with ambitious owners. Yes, I know they're Hollywood actors with loads of dosh but it's irrelevant in a way as they certainly haven't spent a fortune on management or players but I'll bet you Wrexham will soon overtake Blackpool in the league thanks to their dedication and willingness to back them.

SS just saw himself as the 'home town hero' with the cash (which I don't think he has anymore!) and 'saviour'.

Well, SS, its worn off for me - go away.

Bob, I think you are taking your annoyance out a little bit unjustly on SS. You do of course remember the Oystain days! My main grouse is with Quitchley, when he chooses an absolute shite team to play away on almost every game. We mere supporters on Blackpool Vital can pick it, as they do on other forums. This has been happening all season-- with his away from home tinkering, to accomodate and give the non-performers a game should they be whinging in his earhole, that they are not getting any game time. SS can only really been blamed for not taking Quitchley to task and putting a stop to the away game shite team picks.

Last edited:
Bob, I think you are taking your annoyance out a little bit unjustly on SS. You do of course remember the Oystain days! My main grouse is with Quitchley, when he chooses an absolute shite team to play away on almost every game. We mere supporters on Blackpool Vital can pick it, as they do on other forums. This has been happening all season-- with his away from home tinkering, to accomodate and give the non-performers a game should they be whinging in his earhole, that they are not getting any game time. SS can only really been blamed for not taking Quitchley to task and putting a stop to the away game shite team picks.
Too many players to appease, hence the tinkering. All part of the buying in to sell on program. The whole thing is a weak diluted mess. The priority is all wrong. With this process, I doubt it will produce a by product of promotion tbh.