Our Away Followings this Season (in Figures) | Page 2 | Vital Football

Our Away Followings this Season (in Figures)

Still no ticket news published by GFC re Barrow away. The game is only two weeks away - bit surprising. Sort it out Sca.......... or, whoever :car:

Still no ticket news published by GFC re Barrow away. The game is only two weeks away - bit surprising. Sort it out Sca.......... or, whoever :car:
Our good away following is despite a lot of home teams dicking about like this or sending tiny batches and making a meal about sending more. Got my Wimbledon tickets yesterday but they’ve only open up the corner section so had the choice of getting crappy tickets there or waiting for them to sell those and allocate better ones behind the goal, but problem with leaving it is if we have a good result or two in the meantime, there could be a rush and we could sell our our fairly small allocation.

We booked early for Walsall and were rewarded with crappy tickets. Fortunately, despite the good following there, there was plenty of room to move, which probably won’t be the case at Wimbledon.

Our good away following is despite a lot of home teams dicking about like this or sending tiny batches and making a meal about sending more. Got my Wimbledon tickets yesterday but they’ve only open up the corner section so had the choice of getting crappy tickets there or waiting for them to sell those and allocate better ones behind the goal, but problem with leaving it is if we have a good result or two in the meantime, there could be a rush and we could sell our our fairly small allocation.

We booked early for Walsall and were rewarded with crappy tickets. Fortunately, despite the good following there, there was plenty of room to move, which probably won’t be the case at Wimbledon.
Often don`t get too much reward for loyalty and buying tickets early - it`s not right but it seems to be the case. That`s without factoring in the gamble that`s become Train Travel Roulette !

When I last spoke to a person in the GFC ticket office it became apparent that the club might be considering some kind of Away Game Loyalty system - now that`d be good !

The other thing that restricts our average away following is the small allocations at our three most local away days. We could have sold more than allocated for Sutton and Crawley and demand could outstrip supply for Wimbledon too.

Looking on target to win all of the head to heads with the 23 other teams in the division, which shows we have the most loyal away support in the league. I thought Wrexham and Notts County might take more than us, but they both came short.

Looking on target to win all of the head to heads with the 23 other teams in the division, which shows we have the most loyal away support in the league. I thought Wrexham and Notts County might take more than us, but they both came short.
Barrow could be tricky with us playing them away midweek

Some top Gills away followings this season:

1,400 to MK Dons
1,000+ sellouts at Wrexham, Crawley, Sutton
1,000 to Luton, Colchester
953 tonight to Notts County
739 to Stockport
600 to Walsall, Donny
600 to Forest Green, Swindon (midweek)

👏 👏 👏
Is there a website that gives reliable away support figures for League 2?

I've not found one and I'd be interested in how our away support compares to other clubs.

I've got my Salford ticket and am looking forward to the "experience" again (first visit was last season).

Living where I do, it can be a real pain to get to matches. As Lancs says, the railways are a total lottery anyway (if you don't believe me, listen to the first bit of this week's"Martin Lewis" podcast), but even on a good day, trains across the Pennines are poor.

If you add to that the traffic jam that is the M60/62 round the N/NW of Manchester, matches at places like Crewe or Tranmere are now all day trecks.

And to add insult to injury, the land collapse at Blubberhouses adds nearly an hour to the Stockport/Morecambe trip due to the diversion.

So away travel isn't easy. I'm old so it's becoming less enjoyable to get back home at midnight from Barrow 🙄

Quote from Wrexham Fanzine:

"Are Gillingham the first team this season to bring more fans to us than we took to them??"

They are not very happy about their away form.
Someones reply equally amusing.

Agree with this. Was told it was the place Millwall fans go for a football fix if they can’t get to a Millwall game.

Chopsy cockney wide boys who think they are gods gift to the rest of us sums them up.

I've not found one and I'd be interested in how our away support compares to other clubs.

I've got my Salford ticket and am looking forward to the "experience" again (first visit was last season).

Living where I do, it can be a real pain to get to matches. As Lancs says, the railways are a total lottery anyway (if you don't believe me, listen to the first bit of this week's"Martin Lewis" podcast), but even on a good day, trains across the Pennines are poor.

If you add to that the traffic jam that is the M60/62 round the N/NW of Manchester, matches at places like Crewe or Tranmere are now all day trecks.

And to add insult to injury, the land collapse at Blubberhouses adds nearly an hour to the Stockport/Morecambe trip due to the diversion.

So away travel isn't easy. I'm old so it's becoming less enjoyable to get back home at midnight from Barrow 🙄
Not sure myself, I just use the stats in the matchday programme. Quite why we also need a page dedicated to goal stats is another thing…

IMG_6142.jpeg

The Gills’ programme has a page with a chart that gives attendance stats for each club, including how many they brought to us and vice versa. Haven’t got a programme in front of me, but as of yesterday’s programme (and you can add Wrexham to that list too), it shows us as taking considerably more to the dozen clubs we’ve played twice than they’ve taken to us.

As Romany said, TheFootballForum League 2 page updates them regularly. Current standings -

E0DE6A94-2CED-43F8-9C7D-98E6318DCCF0.jpeg

Sutton United
236Accrington Stanley
202Forest Green Rovers
196Salford City
183Crawley Town
156Harrogate Town

Wrexham brought less than 900 to us so we managed to beat their total by about 250. Still yet to have a side bring more to Priestfield than we have taken to their place. Notts County which isn't stated in the above we took 953 to.