'Pool v Murderers Official Thread | Vital Football

'Pool v Murderers Official Thread

Layton_Seasider

Vital Football Hero
Decent home league record but not v the better teams (Posh & Rams battered us), shocking away record but not v the better teams (beat Pompey, Barnsley, Posh).

What do we make of this one? Usually when a team brings plenty of fans we bottle it.

We all.hate Horwich...

Saw in ldv they are comfortable playing it out from the back, they were also fruggi g huge too.
Rhodes is definitely out.
Grimmy
Pennington Marv Husband
Coulson Norburn Morgan Byers Hamilton
Joseph Kouassi

The way Dembele went off I think he'll not being tbe squad today

We all.hate Horwich...

Saw in ldv they are comfortable playing it out from the back, they were also fruggi g huge too.
Rhodes is definitely out.
Grimmy
Pennington Marv Husband
Coulson Norburn Morgan Byers Hamilton
Joseph Kouassi

The way Dembele went off I think he'll not being tbe squad today

I think with hindsight with Rhodes we were actually unlucky being able to keep him for the second half of the season. He was fantastic early season but hasn't scored since 23rd December. And ok he has been out injured for a month now, but he did play the next 8 before he got injured, and without scoring. The cynic in me says he maybe was given goal scoring targets. 15, 20, 25? He got to 15 very quickly then went completely off the boil before his injury. You also wonder if he would have been fit if we got to Wembley?

We do seem to struggle against big defences because our style of play is pass, pass, pass, hoof!

Who knows who Critchley will pick? O'Donnell and Marv were the only 2 who played ok v Posh so they'll definitely and probably be dropped respectively. He picks his team to match up the opposition 100% of the time, never for the sake of "this is my best team, you worry about who you pick." Some have said he puts all the squad numbers in a hat and picks 11 random numbers. 🤷

The team you've picked makes sense judging by who he has picked of late. I do think Lavery is his favourite, regularly he dropped Yates who scored 1 in circa 2.5 in favour of 1 in 5 Lavery. Kouassi seems to look raw again. Early season before people were match sharp he looked dangerous. Now whether that is Critchley coaching the good stuff out of him I don't know?

Dembele looks frustrated. He's obviously a bit weak mentally. When we are poor he goes missing. Joseph has looked incredibly fit and willing but he doesn't seem to have been assigned a role other than to run his bollox off. Coulson is lightweight, Byers seems to want to be a fans favourite get stuck in type but he's not got it right yet. Morgan has gone off the boil. Norburn has never got beyond lukewarm. Then we have Carey, Lyons, Gabriel, Casey . . . all with the ability to be top players but in, out, f*cked about.

Anyhow today's weather is set to be great for a good game. Should be light until the end too, spring is on the way. Let's hope we have a spring in our step and beat Bolton "Backstabbers."

Last edited:
Good entertaining game today I think we can all agree. Funny as Critch walked over to the North and was not going to fist pump and turned away but then went back when encouraged by fans. He has clearly picked up on criticism

@SeasideEssexXile was it Thomason who you said was the Horwich player you wouldn't mind in our team? I thought he was very good. A bit of a knob though coming over to our fans trying to wind us up after he scored. I made sure I was by the tunnel to give him some back at the final whistle! 🤣

Then there was the Bolton fan in the North Stand who must have been giving it the big un after they scored. He looked a bit wobbly on his feet as he was getting chucked out and had a face covered in blood. Play silly games! 🤦

How good was Gabriel today?

Last edited:
Some games we play really well and some games we play shite, you just never know which Blackpool will turn up and explains why we have been 8th for what seems like most of the season.

Really enjoyed the game last night but refuse to get excited in case the other Blackpool turns up on Tuesday

This is the starting line up he should be playing for the rest of the season. Keep the bench the same---no changes other that for injuries and bringing Rhodes back in when fit. No more TINKERING. This is why are we so inconsistent? It's only taken him 3/4 of the season to find his best team--he did find it previously but then seemed intent on changing 3 or even 4 players in his starting XI and not through injuries. It's like he wants to give the non-performers a game just to keep their interest when we play the lower teams and then we play like shite and lose. That was an exciting entertaining game and just proves we can take teams apart with an attacking mind set and the correct line up. Only 12 games to go to complete our season.

It's difficult for anybody to be Critchical when we play like that.

Last edited: