The Diego Carlos Thread | Page 34 | Vital Football

The Diego Carlos Thread

I would consider anything better than last year a real result as well. I always thought our schedule would catch up with us as a first time in Europe team relatively speaking.

The regulars in Europe build bigger squads to cope. Europa cup next year and a day out in Athens this season will do.

Given the injuries we’ve had we just have to be realistic. Full strength for most of the season could have seen us too 4, this seems very unlikely now, if we pull it off then it’s one of the best achievements you will see given the constraints.

I would consider anything better than last year a real result as well. I always thought our schedule would catch up with us as a first time in Europe team relatively speaking.

The regulars in Europe build bigger squads to cope. Europa cup next year and a day out in Athens this season will do.
I think at the start of the season most of us would have all taken an improvement on last season, but now missing out on top 5 would feel a huge disappointment given where we were and how well we were playing before Christmas. It would just feel like if we can't do it this season, when can we do it. Of course these injures haven't helped us. We don't deserve to finish outside the top 5 in my opinion, Man Utd have been mostly awful with many of their wins fortunate and a 0 goal difference, ours is +18, we deserve it far more than them, so if they do finish above us once again it would really p*ss me off.

I think at the start of the season most of us would have all taken an improvement on last season, but now missing out on top 5 would feel a huge disappointment given where we were and how well we were playing before Christmas. It would just feel like if we can't do it this season, when can we do it. Of course these injures haven't helped us. We don't deserve to finish outside the top 5 in my opinion, Man Utd have been mostly awful with many of their wins fortunate and a 0 goal difference, ours is +18, we deserve it far more than them, so if they do finish above us once again it would really p*ss me off.
At full strength I would be disappointed to miss out on top 5 but given the injuries there's no choice but to adjust expectations for me.

Diego seems prone to mini injuries while others are ever-presents and seem to go on and on. Unai always talks about the PL as being a particularly physical and demanding league and now he is experiencing it at full throttle. If we do operate better as an underdog then we may see a fresh charge of togetherness in adversity. We’ve still got plenty of class in the team so mustn’t feel too sorry for ourselves.

At full strength I would be disappointed to miss out on top 5 but given the injuries there's no choice but to adjust expectations for me.
I was thinking we still have all our forward players and even with a strong defence we always concede a goal so it probably won't make much of a difference, especially once we get Pau back and then Konsa. Unai will shuffle the pack and carry on. Carlos has cost us a few goals, body builder physique doesn't equate to a top footballer or top anything in sports.

Even with all the injuries we should be beating teams like Fulham, Forest, Luton but it feels like momentum has gone and confidence will have taken a hit. Test of character ahead
I dunno about Forest. We couldn't beat them with a full strength squad last time.

I was thinking we still have all our forward players and even with a strong defence we always concede a goal so it probably won't make much of a difference, especially once we get Pau back and then Konsa. Unai will shuffle the pack and carry on. Carlos has cost us a few goals, body builder physique doesn't equate to a top footballer or top anything in sports.
Apart from body building.