MATCH THREAD .. Brighton 10 Feb home | Page 3 | Vital Football

MATCH THREAD .. Brighton 10 Feb home

Great news about Sonny coming home sweet home.

It's possible. Travelling west is always easier on the body and it's only Qatar. He could easily be back in the UK in these next few hours. That leaves a couple of clear days before perhaps sitting on the bench Saturday afternoon.

My finest moment was landing in from a US work trip at 7am Saturday morning and playing in the afternoon as my team were short of players.

Complete space cadet all game :LOL:
Did roughly the same a large number of years back, didn't play for the 1st team on the Saturday but did turn out for the 2nd team on the Sunday, it literally was turn out. LOL! ;)

Did roughly the same a large number of years back, didn't play for the 1st team on the Saturday but did turn out for the 2nd team on the Sunday, it literally was turn out. LOL! ;)
Well there's still 3 days for someone to pick up an injury on the training ground! The need may become a must.

I'd be happy for him to sit this one out on the bench providing others get the job done!. Also, apart from Kulu/BJ, Werner and Richi have done well and be a shame to break up their rhythm. Now midfield = a different story.

Well we basically have all best options available to play, for the first time this year, hopefully we'll get a run of games with our best team on the pitch.

The one concern for me is holding midfield. Whether it is Bents or Biss, neither of them are at full tilt. Nothing worse than seeing a player slightly off the pace in that congested area of the pitch. It can make such a difference.

The one concern for me is holding midfield. Whether it is Bents or Biss, neither of them are at full tilt. Nothing worse than seeing a player slightly off the pace in that congested area of the pitch. It can make such a difference.
💯 Mutters, I do think it will take around 4 weeks at least to have the team/squad working together and in and around fully fit, but it was just an observation that we had (probably) our best 11 in a position where they could actually play together.

Great news about Sonny coming home sweet home.

It's possible. Travelling west is always easier on the body and it's only Qatar. He could easily be back in the UK in these next few hours. That leaves a couple of clear days before perhaps sitting on the bench Saturday afternoon.

My finest moment was landing in from a US work trip at 7am Saturday morning and playing in the afternoon as my team were short of players.

Complete space cadet all game :LOL:
I was thinking more along the lines of playing in an international tournament!

There are very few 'easy' fixtures in the PL these days, and this won't be one of them. Brighton seem to be on the improve again of late, stuffed us big time fairly recently, and they will undoubtedly create chances. I'm hoping that the return to a virtually full strength squad, and home advantage, will be sufficient to give us the edge. We will need however to up our game somewhat as compared with recent performances, which have certainly dropped off as compared with the early part of the season.

With all the returnees, tomorrow's squad selection will look interesting. Some players who have been playing in the last couple of months won't even make it.

Potential

Vicario Forster
Porro Romero VdV Udogie Royal Dragusin
Bissouma Sarr Maddison Bentancur Lo Celso PEH
Kulusevski Richarlison Werner Johnson Scarlett Son

Last edited:
With all the returnees, tomorrow's squad selection will look interesting. Some players who have been playing in the last couple of months won't even make it.

Potential

Vicario Forster
Bissouma Sarr Maddison Lo Celso Bentancur
Kulusevski Richarlson Werner Johnson Son
Gary from that, do you think Angie will have an eadache? mind what an eadache to have lol! COYS

Potential

Vicario Forster
Bissouma Sarr Maddison Lo Celso Bentancur
Kulusevski Richarlson Werner Johnson Son

Yeah, Gio being back is a bonus.

So, that's 18. The other 2 would be from Davies, Skipp, Hoj, Gil, Scarlett plus Solomon and Sess when fit again.

Personally, I would have no problem slotting someone like Bentancur into the back line in an emergency (>2 injuries in a game). I wouldn't have Davies on the bench for that reason.

I'd probably opt for Gil as he is versatile and can play the slick football. Then it's a coin toss between Hoj and Skipp. At the moment, Hoj is probably ahead on football.

Getting closer to a full squad available. Been a long break of injuries, suspensions, and tourneys away, sure would be nice to get to what we started with....

_________Vicario__________
______Cuti_____MvDv_____
Porro_____________Udogg
______Sarr______Lolo_____
__________Madd_________
_Deki______________Son_
__________Richi__________

[Forster, Dragu, BJ, Timo, Emrsn, Skipp, PEH, Gil, ...]

Spurs 4 - Seagulls 1
(Richi 2, Son, Sarr)

COYS!!

Getting closer to a full squad available. Been a long break of injuries, suspensions, and tourneys away, sure would be nice to get to what we started with....

_________Vicario__________
______Cuti_____MvDv_____
Porro_____________Udogg
______Sarr______Lolo_____
__________Madd_________
_Deki______________Son_
__________Richi__________

[Forster, Dragu, BJ, Timo, Emrsn, Skipp, PEH, Gil, ...]

Spurs 4 - Seagulls 1
(Richi 2, Son, Sarr)

COYS!!

No mention of Biss or Bents in the above?

Yeah, Gio being back is a bonus.

So, that's 18. The other 2 would be from Davies, Skipp, Hoj, Gil, Scarlett plus Solomon and Sess when fit again.

Personally, I would have no problem slotting someone like Bentancur into the back line in an emergency (>2 injuries in a game). I wouldn't have Davies on the bench for that reason.

I'd probably opt for Gil as he is versatile and can play the slick football. Then it's a coin toss between Hoj and Skipp. At the moment, Hoj is probably ahead on football.
Of course. I don't know why I was thinking 18.

There's little point having more than 2 backup defenders as Ange hardly ever substitutes them.

Could this game be the one to give Dragon a go or is it to early, deep end etc.

Venom
Porro...Dragon...VdV...Udogie
Romero
Sarr...Maddi
Werner...Richy...Son

Bench...Forster, Bissy, Bents, Johnson, Kulu, LoCelso, Hoj, Gil