A bit of blue | Vital Football

A bit of blue

Made in Wigan

Vital Champions League
No not the new seats or Bricks search history, but I’ve just read that from next season blue cards are to be introduced for professional fouls and dissent, resulting in a ten minute sin bin. Apparently to be trialled in the FA Cup.

Personally I think it’s a terrible idea. Games will be slowed down even more with teams a man down no doubt having a proliferation of injuries during this time to eat into the penalty. Like Var, why they continually feel the need to alter the most popular sport in the world is beyond me. I’m sure these card happy officials will be delighted by their increased powers to negatively influence a game.

It sounds like the people coming up with the idea haven't thought about how it will actually work in practice and the impact it will have on the dynamics of the game.

If they want to punish people beyond a yellow card for cynical fouls then why not just make them professional foul red cards like bringing down players through on goal?

If they want to punish dissent then just give players yellows for it.

We don't need to change the dynamics of the game to get the results they want.

Add the blue card on for time wasting as well that would stop the pissing about, sin bin has worked in RL for years so go for it I say.

Edit, fuck VAR off thats the biggest time waster in the modern game.

Wish iFAB would just piss off messing about with the game, we've got awful refs (they aren't helped by some of the ridiculous rules tbf), but they can't be consistent with yellows and reds, without adding another card. Totally agree with your last sentence, VAR is, along with that weapon Infantino, the worst thing that happened to world football in the last 10 years

Anyone else disappointed that this thread didn't open with a Bernard Manning joke?

It sounds like the people coming up with the idea haven't thought about how it will actually work in practice and the impact it will have on the dynamics of the game.

If they want to punish people beyond a yellow card for cynical fouls then why not just make them professional foul red cards like bringing down players through on goal?

If they want to punish dissent then just give players yellows for it.

We don't need to change the dynamics of the game to get the results they want.

Exactly. Like most of these organisations they are stuffed with people who don’t actually do a great deal. To justify their jobs and salary they invariably come up with complete nonsense.

Anyone else disappointed that this thread didn't open with a Bernard Manning joke?

What and have folk screaming it had gone off topic before it had started.

Still, did you hear about the scouser who went to a prostitute? She asked him if he’d like a blow job? He replied, will it affect me dole money? 😳

Bernard Manning Joke ….He told this when they played at Maine Road.

City have just spent a million pounds on a new stand, only trouble is that it’s facing the pitch.

All the Team signed a ball for a charity Raffle, except the goalkeeper who couldn’t get a hand to it.

The best in the business at delivering a Gag

Should have made Blue card a 5 minute sin-bin and brought in as part of getting rid of VAR.

Time wasting and getting a blue card would be a great idea, it just has to be done properly. Ref doesn't have to talk to them and it comes after a warning, blue card held up and the player has to walk off at the nearest side line, sin bin time starts as soon as play resumes, they are only allowed to enter the pitch from next to the 4th official.

Introduce it for the one specific thing, see how that works and then build on it from there. Problem is they'll use it for a myraid of different things (like VAR) it'll all be fucked up, slow the game down, hated by all and be adopted anyway.

Time wasting could be sorted by having the clock stopped when there's a break in play and the game only finishes when 90 minutes have elapsed, even if that means the game finishes at 5:15. The first few weeks of the season saw a crackdown on time wasting, but by September the additional time board was back to 3-5 minutes again.

No not the new seats or Bricks search history,
oi leeve my serch history out of this. bad speling somtimes brings up rong results.
errrrr m'lud 😉

as for the blue card. its change inint. trile it and see how it goes. BUT have the bolox to chuck it away if its not working. and i meen by poling all the teems involved and prehaps some big fan bases an all.

Bernard Manning Joke ….He told this when they played at Maine Road.

City have just spent a million pounds on a new stand, only trouble is that it’s facing the pitch.

All the Team signed a ball for a charity Raffle, except the goalkeeper who couldn’t get a hand to it.

The best in the business at delivering a Gag
and also a racist, homophobe and mysogenist.

and also a racist, homophobe and mysogenist.
Bloody he'll KM....talk about killing a light hearted post stone dead. I'm not standing up for any of the things you say he is but it was way back in the day, a different era & life wasn't as PC as it is today. Are you one of these that would ban the likes of Love thy neighbour, Rising damp, the Comedians etc etc.

I went to Anfield the other day to watch a match. A scouse lad said, 'Can I mind your car for you mister?' I said, 'No! And for your information, there's a Rottweiler in the back.' The lad said: 'Put out fires, can he?

Come on now Kenny, you can laugh at that surely 🤣😂

I think i've cracked it, yes trial the blue card in Womens football not many are arsed about that garbage.

And when it fails and it will they can scrap it and the proper game won't have been affected.

Win Win!

Bloody he'll KM....talk about killing a light hearted post stone dead. I'm not standing up for any of the things you say he is but it was way back in the day, a different era & life wasn't as PC as it is today. Are you one of these that would ban the likes of Love thy neighbour, Rising damp, the Comedians etc etc.

I went to Anfield the other day to watch a match. A scouse lad said, 'Can I mind your car for you mister?' I said, 'No! And for your information, there's a Rottweiler in the back.' The lad said: 'Put out fires, can he?

Come on now Kenny, you can laugh at that surely 🤣😂
He also went to Liverpool once a Year, to visit his hub caps. I watched blazing saddles on the BBC last night , I was amazed that they would dare to show it. I bet they had numerous complaints from their own employees.

He also went to Liverpool once a Year, to visit his hub caps. I watched blazing saddles on the BBC last night , I was amazed that they would dare to show it. I bet they had numerous complaints from their own employees.
A film created by a Jew parodying racism?

Have you heard The News Quiz on Radio 4, are you a Government minister in disguise?
😀

A film created by a Jew parodying racism?

Have you heard The News Quiz on Radio 4, are you a Government minister in disguise?
😀
No I’ve not heard about that,I will check it out. I used to be an avid radio 4 listener in the early evenings, but I’m sort of conflicted with the BBC due to its political bias. Andy Hamilton is a favourite of mine. Bernard Manning had some Jewish ancestors and would make reference to it during his act, Woody Allen, Larry David the list goes on really funny guys.

I need comedy to cheer myself up after Saturdays result. The amount of time wasting by Exeter was ridiculous, and they got away with it ! thought the referee was weak very whistle and card happy but that’s soccer for you.