Loan Watch | Page 44 | Vital Football

Loan Watch

There is a good player in Smith, something of a frustrating enigma so far: I just want him to be better than he has shown, because I think he can be.
If he can learn to be a bit more aggressive, trap a ball and pass it accurately, he has all the physical attributes to be an effective, highly mobile midfielder in the box to box mode.

Maybe its to do with the position we played him. Must admit when he played central midfield in one recent game I thought he was better and looked more suited to it. The problem is he won’t dislodge the two Ethan’s because of their physicality, which Ali lacks. If he can beef up that side of his game we’ll have a good player who may even challenge the Ethan’s, or take over if they move on next year. (Please no).

Maybe its to do with the position we played him. Must admit when he played central midfield in one recent game I thought he was better and looked more suited to it. The problem is he won’t dislodge the two Ethan’s because of their physicality, which Ali lacks. If he can beef up that side of his game we’ll have a good player who may even challenge the Ethan’s, or take over if they move on next year. (Please no).
It could be he is more suited to Div 2 based on his current development. From what I have seen of him he does not have the physicality to compete in Div 1 at present and if Colchester came up with an offer in the Summer which is acceptable then maybe it would be a good move for him.

It could be he is more suited to Div 2 based on his current development. From what I have seen of him he does not have the physicality to compete in Div 1 at present and if Colchester came up with an offer in the Summer which is acceptable then maybe it would be a good move for him.
May be right, but I would have thought there isn’t a lot of difference in the physicality between L1 & L2, just quicker across the board.