What On Earth | Page 3 | Vital Football

What On Earth

Or made the video at all, for that matter
I would say it would be highly unlikely he was about to do anything illegal or against FA rules and do this video advertising that before hand .He has successfully drawn attention to himself if indeed he was fully aware of what was about to happen.It seems unlikely to me that he is that much of a general racist if he is good friends with a public Christian Jonny Williams.I don't know Jonny Williams but it isn't easy going public on being a Christian in the world of football.For me I still believe that the video could have been cleverly edited.He could have been making a statement about being Gay and his fight against racism.Giving team mates the news on social media might have felt easier to do than standing up in the dressing room.

Looks to me like a cack-handed attempt at self-parody (triangle head, tits), ladz bantz (shagging) and an allusion to our club's reputation of late for racism and monkey gestures (the rest of it).

Can't see any evil intent, but why these silly buggers have to record everything they do these days and send it to everyone on the internet is beyond me.

I would say it would be highly unlikely he was about to do anything illegal or against FA rules and do this video advertising that before hand .He has successfully drawn attention to himself if indeed he was fully aware of what was about to happen.It seems unlikely to me that he is that much of a general racist if he is good friends with a public Christian Jonny Williams.I don't know Jonny Williams but it isn't easy going public on being a Christian in the world of football.For me I still believe that the video could have been cleverly edited.He could have been making a statement about being Gay and his fight against racism.Giving team mates the news on social media might have felt easier to do than standing up in the dressing room.
🙄

You often type nonsense on this board, but this really takes the biscuit! Difficult to go public on being Christian in the world of football! 😂 Half of the players you see cross themselves, touch the ground, point to the sky - I'd love to know where you got that idea from!!??!!

The rest of your post, 2 complete opposite theories - it has been cleverly edited (why? he is a complete non-entity, we are not talking about Jadon Sancho for example), or he is "subtly" coming out

Interestingly if you do a search for news items on this, half the stories are already making him the victim of a hazing ritual. Not a good look for the club whatever is true

A few days ago nobody had heard of Hutton. In a couple of weeks people will be saying who? oh that twat. It will be the equivalent of yesterdays chip paper.

🙄

You often type nonsense on this board, but this really takes the biscuit! Difficult to go public on being Christian in the world of football! 😂 Half of the players you see cross themselves, touch the ground, point to the sky - I'd love to know where you got that idea from!!??!!

The rest of your post, 2 complete opposite theories - it has been cleverly edited (why? he is a complete non-entity, we are not talking about Jadon Sancho for example), or he is "subtly" coming out

Interestingly if you do a search for news items on this, half the stories are already making him the victim of a hazing ritual. Not a good look for the club whatever is true
I think you are getting confused between Christians and those of catholic backgrounds who may or may not have any genuine faith.

Using statistics reported as of Dec. 31, 2021, the book was published in February this year. It counted more than 1.3 billion Catholics in the world or 17.7% of the global population.1 Jun 2023
National census figures from 2021 indicate 46.2 percent of the population in England and Wales are Christian.
I only wish there was anything like that number of Christians in the UK and World let alone people of genuine faith.
Around one in twenty people attend Christian services in the UK.This is significantly higher amongst older people.Footballers are no more likely to be religious than any other workplace of a similar age .

Last edited:
“I am going to bring some racism. Obviously I will win everyone over eventually, not like at first, but it's one of those ones innit"

“The main one is the racism ting, I love that. I am on it, if you want to call me anything feel free.”

My interpretation is that he expects to get some racist abuse from the Gillingham supporters, but he will win those racist supporters with his performances on the pitch. I read the "I'm going to bring some racism" as him being the catalyst for others rather than the one creating it.

Second paragraph suggests that if fans do give him abuse then it is water off a duck's back and he isn't going to respond to it so fans are free to try to get a response (but he won't give them the pleasure of acknowledgement)

As is typical in the modern world, the mere mention of the word "racism" will cause half the social media population into some sort of outrage.

My interpretation is that he expects to get some racist abuse from the Gillingham supporters, but he will win those racist supporters with his performances on the pitch. I read the "I'm going to bring some racism" as him being the catalyst for others rather than the one creating it.

Second paragraph suggests that if fans do give him abuse then it is water off a duck's back and he isn't going to respond to it so fans are free to try to get a response (but he won't give them the pleasure of acknowledgement)

As is typical in the modern world, the mere mention of the word "racism" will cause half the social media population into some sort of outrage.
I think that you’re drawing a lot of conclusions without knowing anything about the context of what he said, when he said it and why he said it.

I think that you’re drawing a lot of conclusions without knowing anything about the context of what he said, when he said it and why he said it.

As this is arguably true of all posts on this thread, I'm not sure why you specifically responded to my post.

Sure, No one knows the context of what he said, when he said it and why he said it. Hence why I started with "My interpretation..."

Looks to me like a cack-handed attempt at self-parody (triangle head, tits), ladz bantz (shagging) and an allusion to our club's reputation of late for racism and monkey gestures (the rest of it).

Can't see any evil intent, but why these silly buggers have to record everything they do these days and send it to everyone on the internet is beyond me.
In answer to your question, could be that there are quite a few thick bastards out there.

let's just hope that he's playing today (& playing well) & that everyone looks happy n that it's all been sorted satifactorily - and most important, that we play well & get a good result ! UTG !!

let's just hope that he's playing today (& playing well) & that everyone looks happy n that it's all been sorted satifactorily - and most important, that we play well & get a good result ! UTG !!
FA disciplinary chiefs are said to have opened a probe into the video. It's likely to lead to a ban for our new signing - reports today's Sun. He should enjoy playing while he can.