Borden School pro footballers | Vital Football

Borden School pro footballers

PhilK66

Vital 1st Team Regular
There have been one or two Borden guys who've become pros in recent times and some have been at the Gills.

But I think this tradition goes back many years. Anyone heard of Geoff Anderson, a right winger, who played for Birmingham City, Mansfield and Lincoln City? I believe he scored in Birmingham away win at Man U.

And a great striker Bob Davis who had the ability to be a full time pro but preferred to stay part time in the Southern League.

I think there are a few posters on here who are ex Borden alumni?

There have been one or two Borden guys who've become pros in recent times and some have been at the Gills.

But I think this tradition goes back many years. Anyone heard of Geoff Anderson, a right winger, who played for Birmingham City, Mansfield and Lincoln City? I believe he scored in Birmingham away win at Man U.

And a great striker Bob Davis who had the ability to be a full time pro but preferred to stay part time in the Southern League.

I think there are a few posters on here who are ex Borden alumni?

Geoff Anderson is my uncle!!!

My old man is an Old Bordenian too, he was a bit of a baller at the same time but never played past Kent schoolboys and locally on the Isle Of Sheppey (I want to say West End Rovers?). The talent absolutely skipped a generation for me and my brother (and having watched the Juniors, it may well have skipped them too!).

Geoff Anderson is my uncle!!!

My old man is an Old Bordenian too, he was a bit of a baller at the same time but never played past Kent schoolboys and locally on the Isle Of Sheppey (I want to say West End Rovers?). The talent absolutely skipped a generation for me and my brother (and having watched the Juniors, it may well have skipped them too!).
Great to hear that he's your uncle.

I think Connor Essam and Callum Davies also were there in the same year group if I remember rightly. My lad was there and left in 2020 and had Paris Lock there at the time who is at Tonbridge on loan from AFC Wimbledon

I'm an Old Bordenian too, and I think SE1 was the year below me, sure I'd recognise him if I met him.

Great to hear that he's your uncle.

Career ravaged by injury sadly and had to retire early, but how many get the chance to make their debut at Old Trafford?

He went on to work for Mars (as in the chocolate manufacturer), as you can imagine me and my brother never went short of chocolate when visiting his house.

Career ravaged by injury sadly and had to retire early, but how many get the chance to make their debut at Old Trafford?

He went on to work for Mars (as in the chocolate manufacturer), as you can imagine me and my brother never went short of chocolate when visiting his house.
I had to have a snicker whilst on my way through the galaxy to the milky way. such bounty!

Caaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat!

IYKYK.
Oh yes! In the Lower 6th I had the dubious pleasure of having him as my form teacher as well as being taught by him for geography, history & politics. Many amusing tales to tell of abandoned lessons & chaotic melt downs. I still see him around the town. A character!

I'm an Old Bordenian too, and I think SE1 was the year below me, sure I'd recognise him if I met him.

Year above, unfortunately!

Sadly my football career was ravaged by injuries and a complete lack of talent, which has left me waffling on the phones all day broking deals 😵‍💫

Oh yes! In the Lower 6th I had the dubious pleasure of having him as my form teacher as well as being taught by him for geography, history & politics. Many amusing tales to tell of abandoned lessons & chaotic melt downs. I still see him around the town. A character!

He was a right prick, piss poor teacher.