Derby County (h): Nominate Your Man of The Match HERE! | Vital Football

Derby County (h): Nominate Your Man of The Match HERE!

Ruskingtony

Vital Squad Member
I will kick it off. I thought several players had excellent games including Hamilton,Draper and Mitchell.
But for me i thought Jackson was immense won everything and must have made half a dozen vital blocks in first half in particular. Also proving to be an excellent leader.

- One nomination each (please make it clear who if you mention more than one player)
- State your reason(s) (this helps form the articles)
- The deadline is 24 hours from NOW!

Adam Jackson for me. Calm, composed and got his head/feet on anything dangerous.

Mitchell and Bishop ran him close.

Could be most of the team, a proper 11 man performance against very strong opposition.

The defence was resilient, Jackson and Mitchell both clear candidates, Sorensen and Roughan both excellent. Bishop, Hamilton and Erhahon battled and looked to create in midfield. Taylor's pace and strength in a small package will surely result in the goals he deserves.

But I've gone for Freddie Draper, displaying maturity, physicality, skill and intelligence beyond his years, disgracefully treated by a poor referee who allowed him to be manhandled by defenders throughout then capped it with that ridiculous booking.

Taylor without a doubt.
Really needed a goal to make it the best home debut for many years...but absolutely tore the Derby defence to pieces on 3 or 4 occasions. His pace they couldn't live with. Excited to see him in coming matches. The performance that will stick in the memory was his.

Taylor, looks a fantastic addition. Couldn't get a look in at Posh so expecting him to step up another gear next week with a point to prove.

Last edited:
Quality team performance, all played to their positive strengths.

Both central defenders beaten for pace early on when too far forward, after that they snuffed out any chances. Taylor had unbelievable pace but should have scored.

Gave MoM to Draper for his bustling effort and unselfish holding up play.

Hamilton. Drive, aggression and skill. But could have been Jackson or Mitchell or Draper.

Really tough as everyone played well, but Jackson stood at the centre of everything defensively and probably just edged it.

Jackson - whilst everybody else were commendably running around like deranged ferrets he was calmly strolling about, marshalling and reading the game. His experience value cannot be understated in our young side.