CB - VDV
CB - Romero
MF - Maddison
MF - Bents
MF - Sarr
FW - Son
FW - Richi
FW - Kulu

I dont believe anyone on the subs bench has done anything over and above this line up to suggest they deserve to start. I would start this team with 100% intention to change it at 60 mins regardless of performance level. We could easily change 4-5 players and keep the levels up.

I havent listed the subs because, well basically its all of them. I honestly think we have a squad that can cope with making 5 subs per game now. Imagine Johnson coming on and running at a tired full back at 75mins. Sarr could be superhuman for 60 mins and run the opposition midfielder into the deck only for us to bring Bissouma on for him and let him grind them into the dirt.

Last edited:
……………. Vicario
Porro ….Romero ….VDV ……Udogie
…………..Sarr ………..Bentancur
Maddison…………………….Kulusveski
……. Richarlison …..Son

Johnson , Radu , Royal ,Bissouma , Werner
Veliz , Donley , Davies , Forster .

Venom
Porro...Romero...VdV...Udogie
Sarr...Bentancur
Maddison
Kulu...Richarlison...Son

The above team seems to be a common trait!

or even

Venom
Porro...Dragon...VdV...Udogie
Romero...Bentancur
Maddison
Kulu...Son...Werner.

Jeez! some bench for both above teams....5 changes easily undertaken.
So basically it is over to you Angie! COYS

I love this game!

Totally depends on the opposition, however. Against the cloggers of the league for example, I'd try to mix in some steel with some of our big boys.

As a rule of thumb though, my own personal favourite side looks like (from a purely entertaining perspective):

Vic
Porro Romero VDV Udogie
Bentancur Sarr
Maddison
Kulu Richi Son

A few months back I wouldn't have wanted Richi anywhere near this team, but his work rate is exceptional and never gets bullied.

I love this game!

Totally depends on the opposition, however. Against the cloggers of the league for example, I'd try to mix in some steel with some of our big boys.

As a rule of thumb though, my own personal favourite side looks like (from a purely entertaining perspective):

Vic
Porro Romero VDV Udogie
Bentancur Sarr
Maddison
Kulu Richi Son

A few months back I wouldn't have wanted Richi anywhere near this team, but his work rate is exceptional and never gets bullied.
Like I said in my earlier post, we all seem to be having the same thoughts/trait regard our 1st 11 choice.

But as you I feel it will be horses for courses, depending on the opposition.

Angie has the problem of choice (y) so lets sit back n enjoy the ride, great 2nd half of season coming up! COYS

I think it's only when you plot the rest of that squad to the first eleven, do you really start to see the reality

Forster - MISS, not good enough nowadays
Austin / Whiteman - MISS, can't even get on the bench
Emerson - HIT, slight step down but a very good squad player who brings other qualities when called upon
Dragusin - HIT, we await to see this guy announce himself
Davies - MISS, in either of the 2 positions
Sess - MISS, probably, based on his attendance record in class
Bissouma - HIT, fantastic player
Gio - JURY'S OUT, just cannot put a run of games together when fit for selection
Hojbjerg - MISS, not good enough and doesn't fit the system
Skipp - MISS, see Hojbjerg
Gil - JURY'S OUT, is he really going to be a Prem player?
BJ - HIT, will benefit from having the rest of the forwards fit, but work to do to convince us he can operate at the high end
Solomon - JURY'S OUT, is he the new Moura and passing through, or is he going to have an impact?
Werner - HIT, at least for this season
Perisic - MISS, as good as gone

The kids (Phillips, Donley, Craig, Devine, Scarlett, Veliz) - we should keep the optimism with this bunch. They could be way more important than some of the above over time. Not this season though.

Ultimately, what that means is that means that our subs bench has Emerson, Dragusin, Bissouma, BJ and Werner on it. We're also probably good with Gio and Solomon as well to be fair. So we have a 16-18 man match day squad that could see plenty of pitch time. That means the inevitable injuries and suspensions introduces risk of using the others.

It's probably better than most of our previous managers (inc Poch) had in deph though. It's just that you need more depth with Ange's "all in" approach with matches and training.

You can see why having some more second half legs in midfield might drive a January transfer decision. Replacing Bents and Sarr with Biss and ANOther at the same level would be amazing.

My first choice team would largely the same as the majority here but with one change. I would want a little more steel in midfield and include Bissouma instead of Sarr with Bentancur released in the Sarr role. However I don’t think that we will see a ‘ standard’ first 11 very often as there will be 8 of the below outfield selection with the other 2 rotated. So any 8 from 10 plus any 2 of our quality replacements.

Standard 11

Vicario
Bissouma
Bentancur…Maddison
Kulu...Richarlison...Son

My first choice team would largely the same as the majority here but with one change. I would want a little more steel in midfield and include Bissouma instead of Sarr with Bentancur released in the Sarr role. However I don’t think that we will see a ‘ standard’ first 11 very often as there will be 8 of the below outfield selection with the other 2 rotated. So any 8 from 10 plus any 2 of our quality replacements.

Standard 11

Vicario
Bissouma
Bentancur…Maddison
Kulu...Richarlison...Son
That's how I would do it too to start off with.

It seems crazy not including Sarr but I haven't seen him in a number 6 yet and he doesn't get in ahead of Bentancur - yet! And Bentancur is probably wasted in the number 6 role.

I wonder if we signed another quality CM would Ange consider getting Bissouma, Sarr, Bentancur and Maddison on the pitch together at the expense of one of the forwards, with the width coming from Porro or Udogie?

Lining up against those 4 would be a scary proposition for any opponents.

Standard 11

Vicario
Bissouma
Bentancur…Maddison
Kulu...Richarlison...Son
I'd like to see Dragusin in there; he looks like a player. I would experiment with him in the Bissouma position, one of the rotations, to see who gets the role. As a CB, he ticks the box as a defender & seems more equipped to score at the other end. I envisage him being a better passer of the ball too. Hopefully, his head is also of a better temperament.

It's still very early to see how easily Dragu will adapt and what he will bring to the party, but his height and heading ability is a strong pull to include him..we clearly now have multiple choices but it will be interesting to see if Ange will now go 3-4-3

Vicario
Romero...VdV...Dragu
Poro.. Sarr...Bentancour... Udogie
Kulu...Son...Maddison

So many potential changes in formation and changes in options, and I suspect we'll start seeing the use of all reserves in most games, and changing formations

Exciting times!

We need some early positives in games so that Ange can incorporate some of these changes without having too much pressure. We know how it normally goes, manager gets a 1-0 lead then changes things at 60mins only to be accused of needless meddling.

Players need to be told they have a performance level and the second it dips, changes are coming.