Nottingham Forest V Luton town sponsored by Thermos | Page 9 | Vital Football

Nottingham Forest V Luton town sponsored by Thermos

Tutu Ely silva dager

4 terrible signings really.

We need better than taylor.
Ojeda looks decent but the other permanent signings have been pretty much pointless and Tutu should never have been allowed through the doors.

I still have a faint hope for Silva but the longer it goes the more it fades.

Ojeda looks decent but the other permanent signings have been pretty much pointless and Tutu should never have been allowed through the doors.

I still have a faint hope for Silva but the longer it goes the more it fades.

Tutu is excellent but is injury prone and always a bit of a gamble. The other three were all signed at last minute or even after transfer window closed. All four had an element of desperation and short term ism, more a gamble to them. Indicating panic at end of window. All more important that we do business at front end of window and cream on the top bargains come at back. Murphy needs to do business in first week or even December.

Tutu is excellent but is injury prone and always a bit of a gamble. The other three were all signed at last minute or even after transfer window closed. All four had an element of desperation and short term ism, more a gamble to them. Indicating panic at end of window. All more important that we do business at front end of window and cream on the top bargains come at back. Murphy needs to do business in first week or even December.

It very rare for anything to happen before 16th January according to Adonis Cooper

It very rare for anything to happen before 16th January according to Adonis Cooper

Just had an idea for a song.

To the tune of Karma Chameleon:

Stevie, Stevie, Stevie, Stevie, Stevie, Stev-ie Cooper
He's fit as fuck! He's fit as fu---u-u-ck!

(Repeat for infinity).

Jan window is going to be tricky one really, probably not so much for loanees in one or two spots but buying a striker is unlikley to be realistic(?) I imagine that we might well see a young loanee out of the Cooper notebook. Apparently Dane is still interested in that Asian lad.

Personally I think we need to replace Lolz with a proper winger who can cross the ball. He's also just not the player he was, even when he beats a man now they get back at him and he stops.

LB sure, we prob need one in, tho a shallow look early doors would have seen us with 2 lb's plus 2 or even 3 rb's that could cover there, so it wasnt necessarily a glaring hole.

I hear the negative recruitment comments already but we do need context. We DID try to buy several young strikers. We DID bring in 4 loanees who are generally in the side and helping us.

Ojeda, Ely and Drager were behind and wouldnt be rushed whilst we were improving is what Coops told us. Yes, a shame they wernt here in August and fighing fit but thats a different issue somewhat. They could all turn out useful players and right now they have useful players earning thier places ahead of them.

That leaves Silva, who was a 200k punt it seems so not major blow if hes shit but it would be nice to actually know his current situation. I mean he got in the side for 15mins early doors.

I have a feeling Cooper is trying to be clever at the moment.

Why suddenly change from a solid looking 3 4 3 to a very flakey looking 4 2 3 1?

He is exposing our weaknesses at the back, particularly at full back and the midfield does not look anywhere near as dominant.

The timing for this change is just in time for the new year sales.

Cooper is probably sending Murphy a message and highlighting how threadbare the squad is, 'you have had a taste of what we can do, if you want some more, buy me some players"

We are certainly not out of a play off push, and the closer we get the more pressure there will be to get there; we need to strengthen just to have an outside chance though.
See what you're saying, but it would be a disappointing if that were the case and shouldn't be necessary to play silly games like that. None of the participants in this hypothetical game are stupid so would hope that there are proper adult conversations taking place behind the scenes about what the squad needs not playing childish games to make a point, and at the same time losing ground in the play off push. Let's credit all those involved with a bit more common sense.

See what you're saying, but it would be a disappointing if that were the case and shouldn't be necessary to play silly games like that. None of the participants in this hypothetical game are stupid so would hope that there are proper adult conversations taking place behind the scenes about what the squad needs not playing childish games to make a point, and at the same time losing ground in the play off push. Let's credit all those involved with a bit more common sense.
That exact same rumour (showing the board they need to invest) comes around every time we lose a few games near a transfer window. I've seen it every year for the last 10 years on here.
The only time I ever believed it was Billy losing out of spite after a January window.

Well Forest TV that is a piss poor effort of game highlights .
Showed all Lutons but not Forests ...bizarre.
What about the contentious moments concerning our penalty appeals ?
They also put the camaras on some guy in a dugout or the crowd while something important is happening on the pitch. All rather amateur.

I have a feeling Cooper is trying to be clever at the moment.

Why suddenly change from a solid looking 3 4 3 to a very flakey looking 4 2 3 1?

He is exposing our weaknesses at the back, particularly at full back and the midfield does not look anywhere near as dominant.

The timing for this change is just in time for the new year sales.

Cooper is probably sending Murphy a message and highlighting how threadbare the squad is, 'you have had a taste of what we can do, if you want some more, buy me some players"

We are certainly not out of a play off push, and the closer we get the more pressure there will be to get there; we need to strengthen just to have an outside chance though.

Probably the best explanation ive seen and makes a lot more sense in this context.

Tbf cooper is clearly completely right. Obviously we made a long overdue strategic switch that did leave us a bit short.

Lots of stuff out there about who we are interested in. Hope LB is now no.1 on the list.

Dont think coops or anyone was playing silly buggers. Once lowe got injured we were in trouble as we dont have any cover. He went for colback as LB. Personally i thought it didnt work last time. Once jack got sent off everything had to change.

Having said that, it certainly did nicely to hightlight the gaps we know we had. We needed cover when we had ribz.

We might see Drager. He has been fit enough to play for Tunisia- in fact, he scored for them in the international break, and put them in a good position to qualify for the Qatar World Cup. He has played at the World Cup before. If he is good enough to play for Tunisia, one might think he is good enough to play in the Championship for Forest.

We might see Drager. He has been fit enough to play for Tunisia- in fact, he scored for them in the international break, and put them in a good position to qualify for the Qatar World Cup. He has played at the World Cup before. If he is good enough to play for Tunisia, one might think he is good enough to play in the Championship for Forest.

Harry arter plays for Ireland

Harry arter plays for Ireland
Harry Arter is, and has been, good enough to play for Forest, and did so. Indeed, he has played in the Premier League. It might be that we did not like him, but he was not in the category of signings that is put in a warehouse for onward sale to Greece. Drager seems to me to be a viable signing.
And yes, I know, Jenkinson has played in the Premier League and indeed, has played for England. The point here is whether the player was signed not to play, and instead be sold abroad. I think we will see Drager.