Middlesbrough Fan Comments | Vital Football

Middlesbrough Fan Comments

Calvin Plummer

Vital Football Legend
So, it's time again .. the time where Assombalonga misses more sitters than on a normal day, cause we are away to Nottingham Forest, his former club. I'm just glad we never play Peterborough!

Forest have finally gotten their sh1t together and their last 5 games = W W D D D, a nice unbeaten run after a terrible start to the season. This must be the result of hiring Chris Hughton.

Didn't realise they had started to turn the corner, a few years back it didn't matter what form they were in when playing us we would never beat em, this winless run started in 1974 & finished in 1999.We fared better since but I don't like playing Forest at all, it's always one fixture, Leeds been the other when in the same league, that I look for & hope they're out the way early doors.

Can Chris Hughton make Forest a play off candidate?

Not this season but next season certainly.

(this was a question asked in the OP thread and almost always answered as above).

Ameobi will have a field day and the movement and fire power of the Forest players will be far too much for our shot shy side.

Forest must be confident. They're busting a gut to keep it on and they've put a tent over the pitch. Be lovely to disappoint them though, after all their hard work too.

I would happily take a draw, as you say not a happy hunting ground for us & theyre in a decent run themselves, add we'll have Brit upfront.

Forest had 3 ex Boro players in their backroom staff during their golden era in the late 70's early 80's, Brian Clough, Peter Taylor & Jimmy Gordon.

Good start. We look bright.

That Ameobi is an absolute donkey.

He's actually pretty good now...

Have we got the Forest commentator?

Judging from the accents and quality of the commentary I would say so.

Get in. Britt finally gets his goal v forest. Nutmegged the keeper as well.

Yes!! How has Britt scored against Forest???

I can't believe Worrall is complaining about offside to be honest. He's side by side with Britt as the ball is played, he stops, then says Britt is offside after he makes the run.

My celebration was so muted and confused, hahaha. Their defenders just completely stopping made it seem like it wouldn't count, the camera barely keeping up didn't help.

Weird goal, Forest completely switched off. Looked tight but onside once Britt pushed off the defender who didnt try and follow him. Bad goalkeeping though, should have been an other sitter missed by Britt against Forest - the whole goal to aim at and he taps it directly at the keep who stepped over it! Harsh maybe but would have liked a shot maybe away from the keeper considering how much time he had and how close it was.

lol I think that was offside, never mind them decisions usually even out of the course of the season.

Never offside.

Nice 'pick' by Howson but for someone as immobile as Ass to be that unmarked is criminal.

Was sure they were going to score then. Grabban did McNair.

They did cut through us with ease. The american footballer ameobi did well.

Forest having a worrying amount of possession at the moment. Boro need to get a grip on the game.

Oof. Thought that was in from Britt, post into the keepers head.

How did that not go in?

I like Britt, don't like knocking him (even though I already did that this thread!) but he should have buried that header, again nobody particularly challenging him and he hits the post. Unlucky that it didnt go in off the post, but still.

Think we need a 2nd before HT. Forest still look a bit dangerous going forwards.

Oof! Great header from Britt there...but a great save by Samba.

We are looking so dangerous on set pieces.

Causing them loads of issues! To be fair any sort of ball into the box is causing them issues.

Ha! Just noticed Forest have a player called Cafu...Just as well he's nothing like the original.

Happy with that at HT.

Could see that sow getting sent off second half. Already on a yellow and fouled with a yellow I think.

First half done and I have no real complaints. If I was being picky, we could and probably should be 2 up. Forest look dangerous at times and I can see them coming back in the 2nd half. I'd also target Sow in the 2nd half, he's giving away so many fouls, he'll get a 2nd yellow before long.

Forest seemed to have more possession and controlled the game for long spells, but rarely threatened the Boro goal. Boro had to chase a lot but looked good on the counter and created the better chances... took 1 but could have had 2 or even 3 with better final balls / finishing. Game got rather niggly towards the end...lots of fouls and a few cards given out. Wouldn't be surprised if there are 1 or 2 reds given 2nd half.

Sow off unsurprisingly for Taylor.

Cafu is a cheating ***.

Cafu just sold that wow, deserves an Oscar.

What a counter attack. Great finish from Saville.

Nice of the keeper to dive out of the way though like 🤣

Thought Samba used to be quite good but he seems to be awful this year.

Knockeart coming off the bench for forest. What a player he was a few seasons ago.

They do like an expensive has-been.

I know this is probably a bad thing to say, but I'm enjoying not having the Radio Tees commentary.

The forest commentary is actually really fair.

The Forest commentary is fairly plain, but that's exactly what I want from an opposition radio. No bafflingly biased comments.

Forest commentary is pretty decent really.

Don't feel we have this game particularly under control.

Woodwork again! Bar this time.

This is our best performance in a long time. Right after our worst performance in a long time. This season is mental.

Did lyle taylor just call the ref an effing pussy?

That was surely handball! Was it McKenna? Nah Worrall, it looked like handball to me!

Clear as day.

Forest piling the pressure on now.

Oooo, not a lot of force in that but Ribeiro definitely butts his head at Britt there.

Game's been pretty scrappy for a while now. Forest trying to create something and Boro generally spoiling and breaking play up. Interesting stat just popped up: Boro have had 3 shots on target...Forest yet to register one.

Samba nearly giving us an assist, if only someone was there!

Lyle Taylor should be off there for me.

Bugger. Clean sheet gone and squeeky bum time last 4 minutes...

How is Knockaert not sent off there?

They could easily be playing with 8 men.

Finally they get a red.

Crazy conduct there by Forest.

That stamp on Saville is horrid.

Forest have completely lost their heads.

Talk about a player being a shell of himself, Knockhart is shocking.

Lucky to be on the pitch still. Gets booked for hand-ball then kicks the ball away immediately after.

Good result against a inform team. UTB.

If I was Hughton, I'd be fuming with Ribeiro there. Absolutely pathetic.

Lovely bit of sh*thousery to buy that red card there. Should have been sent off earlier tbf that lad.

So thought we were gonna implode their and throw it away but lucky Forrest started kicking us.

Weird sort of game I thought. Forest played the better football for a large chunk of the game, but didn't really trouble us defensively. Don't think Bettinelli had anything to do apart from collect a few crosses. Boro countered very well and looked threatening every time they went forward. Created the better chances and deserved the win. Forest finally made it a close finish when we were looking tired (probably some lapses in concentration) but lost their heads as stoppage time ticked down.

Don't think they played the better football really, by and large they played the football we let them play, in front of us and horizontally. We didn't let them threaten at all, which is what we set up to do, they can have as much of the ball as they want in their own half!

FA might be investigating Britt for biting Ribero.

Was during the red card incident it seems. A bit too blurry to really see.

It didn't do Suarez any harm in getting moves to big clubs. When scoring isn't enough to get bids biting might help.

That's not a bite in a million years, it looks more like he goes to grab him from behind and the player pulls his chest and head into his back.

Maybe he fancied a Spare Ribiero?

Cheers CP. We were shit. They were marginally less so which got them the win.

Samba is looking so poor that Smith must be wondering what he has to do to get a chance.

Fair comments for the most part.

When they thought we didn’t play badly remember they have to watch a Neil Warnock side week in week out, even the dross we serve up is better than that, just not as effective.