Teams in the wrong leagues | Page 2 | Vital Football

Teams in the wrong leagues

There are a number of badly missed teams currently in NL:

Torquay; Hartlepool; Stockport; Notts C ; Halifax; Aldershot; Chesterfield. Everyone of which have happy memories associated with them for Gills supporters.

One other comment. MKD should definitely be in tier 7 (not talking Covid tiers!)

In all seriousness you make a good point about this little group. Apart from Aldershot (i`ve explained above) the places you mention are each really good away-day trips. And some, like Torquay and Barrow are deffo worth an over-nighter or two due to the interest and attractiveness of the areas. All of the Nat League teams you`ve mentioned have a reasonable chance of getting back into the EFL in the near future. Another non-league team currently very well resourced and in rapid rise mode is Gloucester City. Could be in L2 within two years.

I`m hoping that L2 Carlisle come up because that`s a good trip from Kent too.

Bury
and
Bradford Park Avenue
should be in League Division Two
(as should Liverpool and Leeds)

we should be in Division Three South with occasional visits to the Southern League

Here’s a proper division 2
Blackpool
Bury
Burnley
Preston
Bradford
Huddersfield
Hull
Sheffield Wednesday
Sheffield United
Nottingham Forest
Derby County
Birmingham City
Wolverhampton Wanderers
Cardiff City
Bristol City
Southampton
Portsmouth
Charlton
Fulham
Queen’s Park Rangers
Brentford
Crystal Palace
and newly-promoted Gillingham

Wednesday and perhaps Derby in Prem. Wycombe non league.
Nobody in the Premier league the whole name to be scrapped along with the concept of funding simply for being in the top division. It seems daft to me that a team with zero fans would get hundreds of millions for TV rights even if not a single person wanted to watch them play.

Forrest Green Rovers in the National League (sorry Mozzer) but not until after we`ve played them, as it would probably be a new lawn for most of us...

Nobody in the Premier league the whole name to be scrapped along with the concept of funding simply for being in the top division. It seems daft to me that a team with zero fans would get hundreds of millions for TV rights even if not a single person wanted to watch them play.

The brand new (American) owners of Burnley FC would resist that change, Chris. I mean, what on earth could be the reason that ALK Capital, a U.S. company with decades of experience in investment, risk management, business operations, and high-profile turnarounds, would want to buy little Burnley FC ?

Is it because ALK Capital appreciates the tradition of footy in Lancashire and really would love to see local people watch their team in comfort and with the security of football loving owners who want only what`s best for the football club ? OR, is it about maximizing performance operations and investments of multiple Fortune 100 companies, high-profile turnarounds and asset optimization in the sports world. Specializing in acquisition and operations of sports assets, driving growth and maximizing business potential.

Nice that billionaires and businesses around the world love our footy so much that they hurry over to save the game and grow our national sport for us - Don`t be brash, Buy British - you know why it makes such cents.............

Salford City should be in the North West Counties League Division One where they belong.

Crawley, National League South.

Harrogate, Northern Premier League.

Any more "chuck money at it" clubs I've missed?
Ebbsfleet United maybe????

On the basis it is a bit of fun Aldershot are and always will be a local park team.Hartlepool should apply to the Scottish league as they like Barrow are too far north to travel for such a S#/+ team.Stockport well least said the better .Halifax were even $#/+ier than us when we were $#/+.That leaves Chesterfield and Notts County.

Thats the spirit Chris. And I agree with that analysis of that group. How Notts C could get to where they currently are is a mystery to me.

Has anyone mentioned Grimsby yet? They should be L1 or L2 imho.

Maidstone should be in league 1 so that we can kick their arses and relegate them in the last game of the season. A personal thing, just to keep my brother-in-laws quiet. 😁

Maidstone should be in league 1 so that we can kick their arses and relegate them in the last game of the season. A personal thing, just to keep my brother-in-laws quiet. 😁

Gotta love a bit of “revenge thinking” 👍

My personal desire is to see a season ending game where we beat Swindon with a last minute screamer to simultaneously relegate them whilst securing our automatic promotion.

Again, just a personal thing. 79 and 87 scars do not run deep....

Have you ever been to Workington? I visited the town in the 80s what a dump that is.
Went there a couple of years again when holidaying in Cockermouth. Town appeared dead and that was pre Covid. Fairly hideous out of town shopping centre where we went to the cinema. Won't be rushing back.

Feel sorry for them. Let them have a league team again, if only for the fact that one of my fondest football memories is of HRH Alan Wilks scoring a hattrick (yes Nobby) against them in 73/4 which included a back heel.