vs the Cobblers | Page 6 | Vital Football

vs the Cobblers

Great position, put it in the box...put it in the box....put it in....but no, piss about, then lob it gently to their keeper.
Just what I was thinking. How many hours this season have we pissed about on the right wing with our so called attacking full back and created nothing?
(Ps Graham.excluded from this criticism).

Not a single player on the pitch who can actually run at a defender and cross the ball.
Changes in the new year I expect.
You’d imagine that Coyle and Willock with their pedigree could control and run with the ball.
Very disappointing.
Evans will have a hissy fit with this performance.

Cobblers were there for the taking tonight. You can see them shitting themselves every time we came over the half way line. Confidence very, very low but we just haven't taken advantage again. Akinde back to carthorse form.

Also, his long-throws are way too looping to cause a threat. Delap (the king of them) used to fire them in flat like a missile.

What is the point of Ryan Jackson? Defensively absent and scared to put a ball into the box, when he does it's awful. 100% require a decent or even average right back this window.

Whatever SE saw in Jackson we haven't seen on the pitch. Fuller was far from perfect but even with his legs struggling would be been a better option both defensively and probably offensively than Jackson. Guess Fuller couldn't lob the ball 25 yards from a throw in, that my be the answer why we've got Jackson.

Did okay the last 25 minutes but no quality in the final third and no point when 2 down. Seriously missing Graham to actually create something.

Supposedly that was the best Northampton have played for a while and even that wasn't great. Like Shrewsbury away you can't help but think we should be winning against these teams.

Passing, crossing, set pieces and defending all awful tonight. Aside from Dempsey's free-kick I cannot think of a single positive from that mess of a performance.

I've seen most games this season and the "quality" of our play reminds me of the early 1990's. Pub football.

Agree wholeheartedly with Shotshy's comments.

Yep. Shit again. I take full responsibility by paying for ifollow again. Sorry all. I’ll give the next one a miss. I fail to see how we can have so few shots on target, AGAIN! Ffs, what do we actually do in training???? Shambles at the back again too. Bugger.

How come the Radio Kent sports journo is not allowed to travel now due to new rules but Peter Lloyd is? I thought us guys is tier 4 are not allowed to travel unless it is for work etc?

Utter, utter crap. A game, two teams and a pitch which wouldn't have looked out of place on Hackney Marshes. To be fair to Northampton, they took the chances we gifted to them. As pointed out above, Northampton were there for the taking, they created little going forward until we gifted them a pointless penalty and a weak second and their defence looked poor. We didn't create enough going foreard, but still had easily enough good chances to at least draw the match, with Akinde and Dempsey most at fault. The defence and keeper wer absolutelt useless - even the usually dependable Ogilvie. Even playing sio badly, this is a game we should have come away with something from.

We really are frustrating to watch. We were abysmal against Accrington, Doncaster and Cambridge on the trot - sorted our act out against Rochdale with a fine win and then back to square one v Northampton. It makes no sense as Northampton were no better than the Rochdale side we beat 4-1 and really should have beaten and deserved to bear 5 or 6 nil.

Too many Gills players were off the pace and seemed distracted. Hopes of 7 points from the next 9 disappeared with that awful defending for their third.
Almost hope the season gets halted for a Covid break for a couple of weeks.

That's about where we are, inconsistent, fragile and not enough quality. On our day we are reasonably good but ordinary sides can turn us over with ordinary tactics. Full backs wobbled all night and defence unsettled Bonham. Dempsey good as ever, McKenzie ok but others in MF barely involved. Ogilvie & Tucker would surely better with adequate full backs