FAO moonay (or whatever you're called on ere) | Vital Football

FAO moonay (or whatever you're called on ere)

Tl4e used to delight in pointing fingers at anyone who incorrectly spelled any of the players'/managers' names.

Then he referred to "Fraser Fyffie". I pointed this out to him, and he winced.

Since then, he's been a little touchy.

Boring, and a little sad, but that's forum life for you.
?

Tl4e used to delight in pointing fingers at anyone who incorrectly spelled any of the players'/managers' names.

Then he referred to "Fraser Fyffie". I pointed this out to him, and he winced.

Since then, he's been a little touchy.

Boring, and a little sad, but that's forum life for you.
?

Oh... I thought you were going to tell me about a friendship you’d struck up with him or something like that! I remember Fyvie; he joined just after I was getting into the Latics in 2014. Don’t think I ever saw him play, though. Never got much of a chance, did he?

Oh... I thought you were going to tell me about a friendship you’d struck up with him or something like that! I remember Fyvie; he joined just after I was getting into the Latics in 2014. Don’t think I ever saw him play, though. Never got much of a chance, did he?
Will, don't worry none of saw him play even though we saw him on the pitch - he was terrible, came with a reputation to replace one of the James Macs, reality was closer to little James Kranky ?

Bit earlier than 2014 ... He was a Roberto signing back in July 2012.
Apart from Dev squad matches I suspect most saw him play in Pre season.
Besiktas springs to mind ... the match at the DW where the ultra fit MAF went off injured after less than 10 minutes.

Bit earlier than 2014 ... He was a Roberto signing back in July 2012.
Apart from Dev squad matches I suspect most saw him play in Pre season.
Besiktas springs to mind ... the match at the DW where the ultra fit MAF went off injured after less than 10 minutes.

Oh, I didn't know that. That's a good point. My Latics knowledge pre-2014 isn't great tbh.

Will - one for your album - hope you remember/ experienced it ?View attachment 34768

Thanks Hampton. I first got into Latics when I was 12, in early 2014 when Rosler had just taken over from Coyle. Just after the Europa League stint, unfortunately :confused:.
This was my first ever league game...
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/25817155
and this was my first ever home league game (the day before my 13th birthday!)...
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/26983051

Good times. Do you remember either of those matches? Fair to say that they were both very good performances for my induction! We should've really been promoted that season as we had a great squad, and played some very good football. It's a pity that we lost to QPR in the playoffs (especially given that they'd broken the FFP rules :mad:).

As for missing out on the good bits, I suppose I missed out on the Prem days, but I've still had so many good times as a Latics fan. The 2014 quarter-final win over City was incredible and we pushed Arsenal to the limit in that same season, 2015-16 and Will Grigg's form was just brilliant, the title win of 2017-18 and beating Man City in that same season on the cup run was great. There were also good moments more recently... Leeds away last season being the perfect example as well as performances like the Stoke away game. There's been a lot of fun.

Also, it may surprise you and sound absolutely ridiculous given that it was arguably one of the worst seasons of our history, but I loved the 2014-15 campaign. Just because it was my first full season as a Latics fan and I was just so keen to be a part of it all... I didn't even care that we were losing every week (well, I did, but you know what I mean ;)), just so long as I could support the club. That might sound incredibly cringeworthy, but I assure you that it is 100% the truth.

Last edited:
Thanks Hampton. I first got into Latics when I was 12, in early 2014 when Rosler had just taken over from Coyle. Just after the Europa League stint, unfortunately :confused:.
This was my first ever league game...
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/25817155
and this was my first ever home league game (the day before my 13th birthday!)...
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/26983051

Good times. Do you remember either of those matches? Fair to say that they were both very good performances for my induction! We should've really been promoted that season as we had a great squad, and played some very good football. It's a pity that we lost to QPR in the playoffs (especially given that they'd broken the FFP rules :mad:).

As for missing out on the good bits, I suppose I missed out on the Prem days, but I've still had so many good times as a Latics fan. The 2014 quarter-final win over City was incredible and we pushed Arsenal to the limit in that same season, 2015-16 and Will Grigg's form was just brilliant, the title win of 2017-18 and beating Man City in that same season on the cup run was great. There were also good moments more recently... Leeds away last season being the perfect example as well as performances like the Stoke away game. There's been a lot of fun.

Also, it may surprise you and sound absolutely ridiculous given that it was arguably one of the worst seasons of our history, but I loved the 2014-15 campaign. Just because it was my first full season as a Latics fan and I was just so keen to be a part of it all... I didn't even care that we were losing every week (well, I did, but you know what I mean ;)), just so long as I could support the club. That might sound incredibly cringeworthy, but I assure you that it is 100% the truth.
I do remember both those games through the fog - not a bad introduction for a young lad....! I loved that season too and agree we should have been promoted back to the prem - if Rosler had the full season we would have ( and would the next season then gone TU ?).
In the end a combination of Europe and a wonderful attempt at retaining the FA cup did for us in the play offs ?

I've bumped into a few footballers of varying clubs and standards over the years, but when I met Fraser Fyvie shopping with his mum, that was the first time I realised how young some of these players are. He was a really nice guy and his mum was lovely, but he was barely more than a nervous teenager. I can honestly say that I decided to cut players a lot more slack since that day and I've enjoyed going to the games much more. He makes my all time latics 11 for that alone (well, maybe the bench ?)

What do you think I'm called?

Oh, and thank you.

Alreet moonay, yeah sorry about the whatever your called on here bit,I'd had a couple of sherberts and confused this place with Cockney Latic.
Anyroad the last time I saw young Fraser he was cavorting around the pitch at Wembley when we won the fa cup.