Player of the Season | Page 2 | Vital Football

Player of the Season

Well the end is nigh, so who's the one player that's lite up our season?

• Alli

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sanchez

• Toby

• Davies

• Trippier

• KPW

• Janssen!

• Lamela

• Winks

• Victor

• Lloris

• Dier

• Total voters
going for Sonny - the goal v Chelski, goals v Dortmund, how the team performed so well with him leading the line until Kane came back. he's lit the team up at times, and has got spurs noticed elsewhere more than any other player this season too. been an ambassador.

might change my vote to Toby now, he doesn't deserve 0% just because he hasn't renewed his contract lol

I've voted Kane (just ahead of Jan Vert) simply because of his goals. Yes we still get results without him, but he has been the target of many unfair tackles, and with his England duties and busy schedule, the poor lad has had a torrid time recovering.

To be honest, I look at the names on that list and nobody jumps out and says "ME".
I'm still amazed that we're holding on to 3rd.

My team of the season.....

Ederson
Wan-Bissaka, van Dijk, Vertonghen, Robertson
Fernandinho, Neves
(Bernardo) Silva, Sterling, Hazard
Aguero

Nearly men: Laporte, Alderweireld, Rudiger, Walker, Trent, Chilwell, Wijnaldum, Kante, Aubameyang, Mane, Salah

Player of the season - Sterling

wow... Sonny doesn't even make your nearly list!

Don't disagree with much else there though tbh. Possibly tweak formation and put Mane in over Neves (although he's been great).

I like Rudiger but probably not done well enough to make the bench for me.

I've seen some non Spurs fans putting Eriksen in, which makes sense on paper as he's 1 shy of being top assister in the league, but we all know he's not had his best season. Kane has been prolific, but has missed a lot through injury, so again we know he's capable of better...

So Sonny, Toby and Vert aside it's hard to make a strong argument for a single Spurs player to make the TOTS... Two of those have been absent for some of the season. How on earth are we 3rd?

Ederson
Fernandinho, Neves
Aguero

Nearly men: Laporte, Alderweireld, Rudiger, Walker, Trent, Chilwell, Wijnaldum, Kante, Aubameyang, Mane, Salah

Might have to report this for being Off Topic lol

I'm ecstatic that Sissoko has turned the corner but doing so half through the season surely cannot promote him to Player of The Season!!!!!!

wow... Sonny doesn't even make your nearly list!

Don't disagree with much else there though tbh. Possibly tweak formation and put Mane in over Neves (although he's been great).

I like Rudiger but probably not done well enough to make the bench for me.

I've seen some non Spurs fans putting Eriksen in, which makes sense on paper as he's 1 shy of being top assister in the league, but we all know he's not had his best season. Kane has been prolific, but has missed a lot through injury, so again we know he's capable of better...

So Sonny, Toby and Vert aside it's hard to make a strong argument for a single Spurs player to make the TOTS... Two of those have been absent for some of the season. How on earth are we 3rd?

Good catch....Son would be in the backup list. If he had the consistency of the others, he'd have a better chance of TOTS.

I had to go for Sonny . Nothing has deterred him . Playing wide , with or without Harry , he causes defences nightmares .
He has scored some incredible goals and created goals with unselfish running .
He has coped with the Asian games and the huge problem of National Service ,( for us anyway). You could tell he didn’t want to go . He is a fantastic team man
He has been our main threat without Harry . Never stops running and plays with a brilliant attitude and a great smile .
He brings support from afar and his worth to the club is immense .
Player of the season by a long way in my opinion
Sissoko my runner up , then Verts

Verts for me, he's hardly put a foot wrong all season IMO. I love Sonny, and Sissoko has been amazing, but for shear consistency I would have to give it to Verts.

The results so far are absolutely spot on. Vert and Sissoko neck and neck...which I think is very legit. Both have been immense this season. Vert the stalward, always reliable, CB. Sissoko doing the job in an area of the pitch where we simply...oh what the hell...we simply suck this season. I agree Come back player of the year by a landslide...but between him and Vert...we have been able to do just enough defensively to hang in there. Now to Son...poor bastard is simply punished by who is on the pitch with him and that drives HOW we play. His pairing with Kane simply isn't that great and that holds him back. With Kane off the pitch and his fellow attackers are playing well....which is kind of rare as well...he can destroy teams.

If Son scores 5 to 6 goals in the next 3 games and we win all 3 then he will draw level with Jan.

I have gone with Vert.....consistent and stylish..... Sissoko is IMO the most improved, and Son has been so vital for us. But Jan nicks it for me.

Ederson
Fernandinho, Neves
Aguero

Great list, agree on most except for Ederson & player of the season.

IMO B. Silva is the unsung hero for Manc, player of the season by far. Alison for me was the standout keeper.

Great list, agree on most except for Ederson & player of the season.

IMO B. Silva is the unsung hero for Manc, player of the season by far. Alison for me was the standout keeper.

I'm actually loving the GK battle. I remember reading about the history of goalkeeping and how Gordon Banks had taken the art to a new level only for Shilton to come along and do it differently and better. It was all about moving from a keeper that defended just the goal to one that took advantage of being able to use you hands in the entire 18 yard box. Coming off your line at some stage was new and disruptive.

After great keepers like Seamon for England, we then moved to the generation of sweeper keeper. It was about playing a higher line and using your keeper as the last line of defence as they could play outside of the 18 yard box.

What we see now with Alisson and Ederson is a whole new style where they can play high tempo keep ball as if they are a midfielder in the centre circle playing 5-a-side. They can also find their man with a 50 yard ball and start an attack from nothing. It's as if they have the GK attributes of a Banks, but the outfield abilities of a Hoddle.

When I think about it, guys like Alisson and Ederson are putting a whole heap of pressure on the guys like De Gea and Lloris. They are definitely the top 2 keepers in the league and I can't separate them in their abilities.

Muttley, good post and valid points about the 'Keepers. This is where you (like it or not) appreciate how Klopp recognised the 'Keeper issue and sought improvement. In their fast and mobile line-up it was absolutely paramount that they added someone like Van Dijk and Alisson. No square pegs in round holes. Can you imagine trying to find a player of the season in their team....there'd be half the team evenly ranked. Ditto City.

And here we are tossing up between Son, Jan and Sissoko.