Gills sticker spotted in Benidorm ! | Vital Football

Gills sticker spotted in Benidorm !

(Nearly ) aways nice to see a Gills sticker outside the Towns, especially outside the county, let alone abroad.

I recognise the Union Jack, the St George's Cross, the Three Lions and the poppy - none of which I'd choose to accompany our badge - but what is the badge in the bottom right hand corner?

I might be wrong but I've got a horrible suspicion that it might be something nasty and right wing. Hope I am wrong.

(Nearly ) aways nice to see a Gills sticker outside the Towns, especially outside the county, let alone abroad.

I recognise the Union Jack, the St George's Cross, the Three Lions and the poppy - none of which I'd choose to accompany our badge - but what is the badge in the bottom right hand corner?

I might be wrong but I've got a horrible suspicion that it might be something nasty and right wing. Hope I am wrong.
VG will have to ask Gel Boy but I can tell you it's the Partisan Belgrade badge.

Sadly I suspeect you are right. I'd take a wild guess at some Protestant tosh. At least they weren't at Oxford to add to the abuse the lino got. Would be delighted to be wrong.

Well, I had wondered about the red star on the badge. According to wikipedia, "was named in honour of the Partisans, the communist military formation who fought against fascism during World War II in Yugoslavia". If their supporters are now known for their quasi-fascist hooliganism that would be a great shame.

I can understand the St George's cross, we are an English club. I see no reason for the Union Jack, the Three Lions or the Poppy, and am still not really understanding the relevance of the Partisan Belgrade badge.

Although in themselves none of the other logos/badges are right-wing or offensive, there are, unfortunately, right-wing connotations to them. Whilst part of me believes that they should be reclaimed from the right, another part of me just wants to reject them anyway. It's similar to how I feel about the ancient Hindu symbol, the swastika. It would be lovely to reclaim it from the Nazis but it's probably too late; the symbol has been stigmatised by association with ideas of racism and fascism.

Personally, I'd prefer to see a sticker with our just our badge and perhaps the words, "Pride of Kent".

I've just had my St George's flag delivered. I went for the Invicta horse in one corner and 'KENT'S PRIDE' across the middle. The flag making company decided to put a colourful rainbow in the bottom corner, not sure why but it looks nice. I'll have it on show for the Luton game.

I've just had my St George's flag delivered. I went for the Invicta horse in one corner and 'KENT'S PRIDE' across the middle. The flag making company decided to put a colourful rainbow in the bottom corner, not sure why but it looks nice. I'll have it on show for the Luton game.

It's because it says "PRIDE" on the flag.

1542642163329.jpeg

(I'm sure I've just been caught fishing!)

I saw one in Canterbury the other day which had Gills and Schalke crests with “Win or Lose, on the Booze”. I like that one:LOL:

Kind of related to the attraction with forming friendships with foreign clubs, I saw this the other day on twitter:

“Red Star Belgrade have a flag of Grobaris (translates to enemies).

Weirdest club on the flag? Shrewsbury Town (bottom left).”

83C33C35-5E12-4532-B06F-FB406682BA07.jpeg