England v Panama | Page 2 | Vital Football

England v Panama

Bit worrying how the Gills flag is failing to find good positions.
Probably ended up with upper tier tickets for all the games. I swear that Halle S flag has been present at every international game in the last 10 years.

That was a good display. I liked the fact that we tried different things with free kicks, very creative.

Pleased Panama scored though (everything to do with my Saudi lowest scorers bet).

Belgium a very different prospect but as a dead game for both sides I wouldn't read too much into the result. Bring on the last 16

I'm in Seville on holiday , and watched the game in an Irish bar.
Probably 50 or 60 England fans here .
I'm back home for the Belgium game

Second half was only 1-1, what a load of rubbish. Bet we don't even get out of the group, same old England, boooo, Southgate out!!!!!

Top drawer performance especially 1st half. Stunning goal by Lingard. Another one where if scored by Ronaldo or Messi it would have been labelled "Goal of the Century".

That first pen, I don't think I've seen a player actually "mugged" like Kane was there. We often use the term, but he really was. The guy literally grappled him to the ground and then punched him on the back of the head before Kane hit the ground. I thought there were good grounds for a send-off never mind the pen. Gobsmacked he didn't rifle through Harry's pockets for some coin.

And their guy with the dreadlocks. Was he on some kind of drugs? I thought he was going to explode every time the ref gave us a free kick.

I'm surprised the referee allowed so much dissent and gamesmanship to go unpunished. At half time all the Panama players and subs went towards the refereeing team. as they were trying to leave the pitch.

I had 3 0 England, Stones to score first at 135/1. I was quite exited for a few minutes. Trust England to let me down again.:grinning:

Talking of bets, this is doing the rounds on Twitter. Not sure if it's genuine but if it is it was well worth a quid.

Attachments

• IMG-20180624-WA0000.jpg
    IMG-20180624-WA0000.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 22
I watched the Japan - Senegal match while doing other things but I don't recall the ref blowing for many fouls at all. Both teams just got on with playing and chucking in the odd defensive error.