Manchester City v Chelsea - FA Cup - Semi Final - Saturday 20th April 2024 - 17:15 BST -Wembley - Match Preview and MDT | Vital Football

Manchester City v Chelsea - FA Cup - Semi Final - Saturday 20th April 2024 - 17:15 BST -Wembley - Match Preview and MDT

Buzz Lightyear

Alert Team
The Game
I do think we were a tad unlucky, but the early goal by Real Madrid, basically killed the game, but part of me is not that gutted at the loss of a winner takes all game decided by penalties and at least it was by a decent side that actually parked the bus.
I just hope that the efforts made by the lads on Wednesday has not taken too much out of them, as they now have to get back on the horse after the disappointment of "crashing out" (if it makes the media happy) of the Champions League, I have never known so many pundits who are happy at the most successful Club in Europe over the last few seasons are not still in the competition representing England, I don't seem to recall that Arsenal received anything similar to the ridicule that City have done. It still irks that City did not receive enough credit for the treble last season, unlike the adulation of the feat by JoMU, which is still talked about two decades later.
The lads have to picked themselves up from the disappointment, as they battle Chelsea at Wembley on Saturday evening for a place in this Season's FA Cup, that means of course another chance by former City academy player BBB to try and embarrass his former Club, I do admit that he is currently doing well for his side, who would be a trouble had it not been for the lad's goals, but he wanted it there and then at City and did not want to take the guidance from Pep Guardiola, City received a decent price for the Lad over £40m who only made 19 appearances for City.
There will be changes of personnel for the game as Pep looks find the motivation to complete a double, but even so I still think the season still has something to offer and that the players have something to prove. It was ominous that Guardiola reported that the subbing of Haaland and KDB was fatigue by both players, will Pep take this into account when it comes to selection.
Chelsea have not had European football this season and have had 48 hours more rest than City to prepare for this match. A player to watch and keep a grip on is the exciting youngster Nicolas Jackson who plays for Senegal at International level and is into double figures with his goals and could be a handful.
I just hope that City will be motivated enough to get us to a 2nd FA Cup Final in consecutive years, not done by City since the 50s

City Team News

Munu Akanji, Kevin De Bruyne and Erling Haaland all asked to be subbed in midweek Haaland on 90 minutes the other 2 on 112 having run their legs off, so a doubt remains can these three recover enough to be selected for the side of another winner takes all game.

Best Guess
Ortega
Walker Stones, Dias, Gvardiol
Rodri, Foden, Kovacic
Doku Alvarez Grealish

Match Officials
Referee:
Michael Oliver
Assistant referees: Stuart Burt and Dan Cook
Fourth Official: Darren England
VAR: David Coote
Support VAR: Stuart Attwell
Assistant VAR: Sian Massey-Ellis

Next
Brighton & HA - City - Premier League - Thursday 25th April 2024 - 20:00 BST (Sky Sports)

Last edited:
There have been a lot of smugness from sections of the media who were happy that this gives cover and masks the failures of both Arse and Liverpool™️failed. Not a lot of noise about either especially Klipperty’s ‘stellar final season’ which is not turning out as they wished.

Pep will rally the troops as we return to Wembley yet again but we have struggled against this mob twice already and will need to dig deep. Doubtless the focus will be on BBB (& to an extent Sterling) as Poch tries to gloss over a less than remarkable return from the gazillions splurged by the club. Any guesses whether there will be any references to the “amount that the Players on the Chelsea bench cost” this afternoon?

There have been a lot of smugness from sections of the media who were happy that this gives cover and masks the failures of both Arse and Liverpool™️failed. Not a lot of noise about either especially Klipperty’s ‘stellar final season’ which is not turning out as they wished.

Pep will rally the troops as we return to Wembley yet again but we have struggled against this mob twice already and will need to dig deep. Doubtless the focus will be on BBB (& to an extent Sterling) as Poch tries to gloss over a less than remarkable return from the gazillions splurged by the club. Any guesses whether there will be any references to the “amount that the Players on the Chelsea bench cost” this afternoon?
There will be some confused fans of the London Clubs, those who don't want either Club to win.

🚨 TEAM NEWS 🚨

CITY XI: Ortega Moreno, Walker (C), Stones, Akanji, Ake, Rodrigo, De Bruyne, Bernardo, Foden, Grealish, Alvarez
Subs: Ederson, Dias, Kovacic, Doku, Gomez, Gvardiol, Nunes, Bobb, Lewis

whatsapp-image-2024-04-20-at-161756.jpg

FOOT IN BOTH CAMPS 💙🩵

Frank Lampard played for both clubs with great distinction during his illustrious Premier League career.
We spoke to Super Frank ahead of the game between the two clubs at the Etihad earlier this season.
He was hugely complimentary of Pep Guardiola’s team, calling us ‘a pretty invincible force’.
“City are a fantastic outfit in every sense,” Lampard said.
“What they did last season in winning the Treble was an incredible achievement but also to do it in the style they did.
“There’s so much quality throughout the team that I love to watch.
“The style they play with, the physical nature of them now as well, they are so strong as a team as well as the technical ability they’ve always had.
“With a great manager and smart recruitment, they’ve developed into a pretty invincible force.
“Through my time at the club and the good bonds I’ve forged at the club, as much as everyone would expect that I’m a Chelsea fan which I am, I always keep a good eye out for City and I’ve loved watching them.”