Other Games 23/24 | Page 64 | Vital Football

Other Games 23/24

Actually, I'm not sure he will make it but it's rare that kids like him have a great loan in these lower leagues. Normally, there will be some 30 year old water carrier keeping our 20 year old loanees on the bench.

Even our so called best like Phillips and Devine are on the bench at the moment.
Yes, Phillips had been a fixture at Plymouth this season but was dropped for the win against Leicester after some poor results. The interim manager doesn't seem to fancy Devine who hasn't started any games for a while now or featured at all in quite a few. I can't say that Craig ever stood out for me in the academy games but he does seem to be doing well with Donny.

I'm not throwing in the towel yet but it looks like we are a busted flush. As many on here have posted,I think Europa league is our level ATM, so getting European football in Big Anges first season is a huge positive, I don't think we are ready for CL but barring a miracle we could actually get it,then who knows.
Good on you Vin. Never ever throw in the towel. We still have that game in hand.
I was interested to hear Tim Sherwood on one of the PLTV magazine programs last evening say that he felt Spurs would still get fourth place, and will get the three wins necessary to achieve it. Three wins would obviously be Shef United, Burnley and one out of Chelsea, City, Arsenal or Liverpool.
I disagree with Sherwood insofar as that after the weekend's results and the effect on goal difference, I don't think that 69 points will be enough, I believe that we'll need 72. We're not out of it yet. Burnley and Sheff United should be givens. Nothing is ever a given with Spurs, but dropping points to either of them at this stage of the season would be unforgivable, they'll no doubt be already relegated. That leaves City, Arsenal, Liverpool and Chelsea for two more wins. Arsenal and Liverpool are both starting to look a bit shaky, it may turn out to be a good time to be playing them, like I say we're not out of it.
Fourth place in his first season for Postco will be a notable achievement whatever the reservations that surround him. Conversely, if the debacle against Newcastle marks the start of trending in another direction, a sixth place finish would be an OK but disappointing end to a season that at one stage promised so much.

This is for you TQ, did you watch your Faves in the Rugby on Sunday....oooops!

Must admit held their own until HT, but out the opposition came BoooM! game over, shame I was cheering for the Chiefs, now it will be for the Quinns.

Though I think the Chiefs young side learnt a lot!

I was interested to hear Tim Sherwood on one of the PLTV magazine programs last evening say that he felt Spurs would still get fourth place, and will get the three wins necessary to achieve it. Three wins would obviously be Shef United, Burnley and one out of Chelsea, City, Arsenal or Liverpool.
I disagree with Sherwood insofar as that after the weekend's results and the effect on goal difference, I don't think that 69 points will be enough, I believe that we'll need 72. We're not out of it yet. Burnley and Sheff United should be givens. Nothing is ever a given with Spurs, but dropping points to either of them at this stage of the season would be unforgivable, they'll no doubt be already relegated. That leaves City, Arsenal, Liverpool and Chelsea for two more wins. Arsenal and Liverpool are both starting to look a bit shaky, it may turn out to be a good time to be playing them, like I say we're not out of it.
Fourth place in his first season for Postco will be a notable achievement whatever the reservations that surround him. Conversely, if the debacle against Newcastle marks the start of trending in another direction, a sixth place finish would be an OK but disappointing end to a season that at one stage promised so much.
I now believe that Sherwood will say anything that keeps him in the media. I treat anything he says with a pinch of salt!

I now believe that Sherwood will say anything that keeps him in the media. I treat anything he says with a pinch of salt!
I know that I am in a minority, but I find him one of the better pundits, a good combination of knowledge mixed with cynicism. Certainly he's always pro Spurs, unlike Darren Bent, another PLTV regular, one of Spurs worst ever signings who now takes great pleasure from any poor Spurs performance.

I know that I am in a minority, but I find him one of the better pundits, a good combination of knowledge mixed with cynicism. Certainly he's always pro Spurs, unlike Darren Bent, another PLTV regular, one of Spurs worst ever signings who now takes great pleasure from any poor Spurs performance.
Yep agreed, I disliked him intensely when he played for us, and dislike him personally now he's so pro gooner and a 'proud' one at that!

This is for you TQ, did you watch your Faves in the Rugby on Sunday....oooops!

Must admit held their own until HT, but out the opposition came BoooM! game over, shame I was cheering for the Chiefs, now it will be for the Quinns.

Though I think the Chiefs young side learnt a lot!
They did PY, the Chiefs lost so many long serving players at the end of last season but now have a young side full of potential. They were never likely to beat Toulouse who, as you say, put on the after burners early in the second half and killed the game.