General Football thread | Page 473 | Vital Football

General Football thread

For sure it's a 3 way battle between us, Everton and Luton now

We will need somewhere between 5 and 9 points I reckon to finish above either Everton or Luton

And just by getting 5 more points we would be out of sight from Burnley regardless. Bearing in mind goal difference means we are effectively 7 points ahead of them anyway

7 games left - we should be looking to get a draw from every game at least

Just put an unbeaten run together whatever it takes.

Including today

I'm thinking today we will draw 2-2 or win 2-3

I've got a good feeling about today

MGW to impress again

(Everton and Luton will keep scrapping points)

We have to get used to that and deal with it ourselves
Just beat Burnley, Everton and Sheff Utd away and we stay up. Easy.

Good to see that VAR in Scotland is just as much a shambles as it is here. Rangers just a pen from a clear dive (ref had already booked the diver) but pen given thanks to VAR, then a 2nd Rangers goal disallowed due to an alleged "foul" well before the goal was scored.

Why is it that players on the bench are never ready to go, they have to faff about with their socks, put their shirts etc. I would have thought that all that should be needed is to remove their track suit, and they are ready to go.
Rashford wanted to go off for Man U too k his replacement ages to get ready, won't be long before they want to have a hairdresser on the bench with them to make sure they look their best before coming on.

For sure it's a 3 way battle between us, Everton and Luton now

We will need somewhere between 5 and 9 points I reckon to finish above either Everton or Luton

And just by getting 5 more points we would be out of sight from Burnley regardless. Bearing in mind goal difference means we are effectively 7 points ahead of them anyway

7 games left - we should be looking to get a draw from every game at least

Just put an unbeaten run together whatever it takes.

Including today

I'm thinking today we will draw 2-2 or win 2-3

I've got a good feeling about today

MGW to impress again

(Everton and Luton will keep scrapping points)

We have to get used to that and deal with it ourselves
For sure ? Brentford and Palace are very much still in the equation.

No chance all 3 of us (Forest, Everton and Luton) are overtaking them

Palace pretty much safe from that happening already and Brentford probably only need 1 win
Palace are a win away I would say, Brentford possibly the same and we have to hope they get points against the teams around us.

Our former manager Joe Kinnear has died.
Just seen that.

I met him once. Near what is now the Nottingham contemporary. It was a Friday night and he was stalking around with a few other people who looked like they were club. I got the impression he was out looking for his players, who were getting pissed in a bar on that street