The Diego Carlos Thread | Page 35 | Vital Football

The Diego Carlos Thread

Diego seems prone to mini injuries while others are ever-presents and seem to go on and on. Unai always talks about the PL as being a particularly physical and demanding league and now he is experiencing it at full throttle. If we do operate better as an underdog then we may see a fresh charge of togetherness in adversity. We’ve still got plenty of class in the team so mustn’t feel too sorry for ourselves.
Its turning into the German league with the high volume of transitions and turnovers. Games aren't end to end but there a lot of back and forth at high intensity.

Whether its Newcastles high intensity pressing or our high line and being forced to chase down offsides. At least half the teams in the league play in a way which puts lots of strain on the players.

Watching Diego is like watching Ings, he has immense footballing ability but that injury has fucked him. He has lost his some of his mobility and unlike Konsa, Pau or Lenglet (and those 3 aren;t even that athletic). You can't really see DC playing as anything other than a central defender. DC probably cant play as one of the flanking CBs in a 3. He's still one of the better CBs in the league but his level is probably more like 8th-12th than 4th-8th.

Its turning into the German league with the high volume of transitions and turnovers. Games aren't end to end but there a lot of back and forth at high intensity.

Whether its Newcastles high intensity pressing or our high line and being forced to chase down offsides. At least half the teams in the league play in a way which puts lots of strain on the players.

Watching Diego is like watching Ings, he has immense footballing ability but that injury has fucked him. He has lost his some of his mobility and unlike Konsa, Pau or Lenglet (and those 3 aren;t even that athletic). You can't really see DC playing as anything other than a central defender. DC probably cant play as one of the flanking CBs in a 3. He's still one of the better CBs in the league but his level is probably more like 8th-12th than 4th-8th.
Konza NOT athletic?

I really do wonder about some of the posts on here. You expect a certain range of opinions. However a small percentage of posts are from a small number of people who never ever post anything but criticism.

They disappear once we win one or two again till the next time. Hmm.

I really do wonder about some of the posts on here. You expect a certain range of opinions. However a small percentage of posts are from a small number of people who never ever post anything but criticism.

They disappear once we win one or two again till the next time. Hmm.
Yawn, boring. Robbali is clearly a bluenose and only posts when we do badly, maybe one or two others, but to say everyone who posts something you don't want to hear only posts criticism is completely inaccurate.

I post after every match positive or negative and have done all season, go check on my posts if you want to. I have mostly been positive about our season up until recently. It's just right now there's a lot of negative things going on and I'm not going to bury my head in the sand and pretend everything is rosy like so many people do on here. Check your facts before you start calling people out.

Yawn, boring. Robbali is clearly a bluenose and only posts when we do badly, maybe one or two others, but to say everyone who posts something you don't want to hear only posts criticism is completely inaccurate.

I post after every match positive or negative and have done all season, go check on my posts if you want to. I have mostly been positive about our season up until recently. It's just right now there's a lot of negative things going on and I'm not going to bury my head in the sand and pretend everything is rosy like so many people do on here. Check your facts before you start calling people out.

I've always thought you fairly call it how you see results and performances (good or poor) which is the aim of a balanced forum and that also includes Old Trinity Villan.

I've just had a brief look at Robali's posts and I think the best way to describe his negativity is that when it comes to commenting on the Villa, his glass isn't even half-full:grinning:

Supporting the Villa is a rollercoaster ride full of highs and lows and being a public forum, you will never get everyone singing off the same hymn sheet and when something is bad I don't refrain from criticising them either.

I've always thought you fairly call it how you see results and performances (good or poor) which is the aim of a balanced forum and that also includes Old Trinity Villan.

I've just had a brief look at Robali's posts and I think the best way to describe his negativity is that when it comes to commenting on the Villa, his glass isn't even half-full:grinning:

Supporting the Villa is a rollercoaster ride full of highs and lows and being a public forum, you will never get everyone singing off the same hymn sheet and when something is bad I don't refrain from criticising them either.
Yeah, I wasn’t starting on Old Trinity Villan in particular, he posts some good stuff, but that post was definitely singling me out which wasn’t fair.

I think I sometimes let the Villa get to me too much, but maybe I’m more negative than the likes of sirdennis (for example) who I’m assuming given his name was watching us in the early 80s and saw us pretty much win the lot except the FA Cup. I wasn’t even born in 82, I’ve only seen us win the League Cup and have never even seen us play in the Champions League let alone win it. So for younger fans like myself I think there is more negativity because we haven’t seen any of the success older fans have seen and it frustrates us. I’ve also seen Villa twice be in this position, under Gregory and under O’Neill, only to see it all fall apart in the last few months of the season. If that happens again it will be really hard to stomach.

Yeah, I wasn’t starting on Old Trinity Villan in particular, he posts some good stuff, but that post was definitely singling me out which wasn’t fair.

I think I sometimes let the Villa get to me too much, but maybe I’m more negative than the likes of sirdennis (for example) who I’m assuming given his name was watching us in the early 80s and saw us pretty much win the lot except the FA Cup. I wasn’t even born in 82, I’ve only seen us win the League Cup and have never even seen us play in the Champions League let alone win it. So for younger fans like myself I think there is more negativity because we haven’t seen any of the success older fans have seen and it frustrates us. I’ve also seen Villa twice be in this position, under Gregory and under O’Neill, only to see it all fall apart in the last few months of the season. If that happens again it will be really hard to stomach.
I'm a natural optimist anyway. Not sure it's a good thing and generally you get disappointed !!!

I'm like you though I'm desperate to see us win something again. I'm lucky enough to have seen us win the ultimate prizes and I know the feeling and want to experience it again.

I think with Unai in charge we will , but he has only been in charge for just over a year and we do need a bit of perspective and patience sometimes.

Just for clarity I was not and would never single anyone out. Could you point out where I have? It was a general point re a small number of posters. I will leave it at that.
I just put 2 and 2 together because my post was commented on so I assumed you were referring to mine. If that wasn't the case then I apologise. I do try to stay fair in praise and criticism but sometimes your emotions get the better of you and you say things that are maybe a bit harsh.

I just put 2 and 2 together because my post was commented on so I assumed you were referring to mine. If that wasn't the case then I apologise. I do try to stay fair in praise and criticism but sometimes your emotions get the better of you and you say things that are maybe a bit harsh.

You can't win mate.

Someone once went back to look at my posts to highlight and then stated on here that I was being too emotional about the Villa when there are other things in life!

What a twat and at the time I told him so;)

Opinions, opinions, opinions!

Sometimes I wonder if we were all put in a bar together to have a chat, we'd end up wrecking the bar :ROFLMAO:

Football is passion, fans are passionate, let's all get over ourselves and continue to dream. UTV :utv::utv:

( For the Mods) anyway back to the Diego Carlos thread :whist: :throw::sorry::ban:
It is amazing though that people have mentioned he's not exactly set the world on fire this season and we should sell/upgrade in the summer but he gets an injury and all of a sudden it's a bit of a meltdown and doom and gloom. More likely not helped by the Konsa injury when we wouldn't have batted an eyelid but I'm sure Unai will find a way to compensate

Opinions, opinions, opinions!

Sometimes I wonder if we were all put in a bar together to have a chat, we'd end up wrecking the bar :ROFLMAO:

Football is passion, fans are passionate, let's all get over ourselves and continue to dream. UTV :utv::utv:
"Merd the Philosopher. "

Seems to have gone down with another hamstring injury. Shame as he played well and completely bossed Brobbey who most of us had down as their main threat.

Diego swapped shirts with an opponent at half time today? Never seen that before and thought it a bit strange. Maybe just an excuse for him to remove his shirt and show off the six pack. Instagram followers and all that.
He did it again at full time.