The Official Harrogate Town Match Thread (Sponsored by For the Love of God, Win the Game Gills "for all your desperation needs") | Page 10 | Vital Football

The Official Harrogate Town Match Thread (Sponsored by For the Love of God, Win the Game Gills "for all your desperation needs")

Today put all our shortcomings under the magnifying glass. Controlling the ball, positioning, strength, pace, skill, aggressive intent, and concentration -all were lacking. There is something not right, and our management team are providing little evidence to show they know what to do about it.

Up the Gills!

You can't coach things like aggressive intent or pace, it's either in you or not and these two things have been the biggest failure of our recruitment besides goals. I've said all season that I'd swap naturally talented Connor Mahoney (who turns up when he fancies it) with someone like Alex Mcdonald any day of the week.

Lost for words.

Have tried to back, GFC, The Management, The Team but after that pathetic 2nd half performance they can all fuck off, no passion, no desire

I am and always will be GFC and tomorrow is another day but what a waste this season has been on the playing front shit loads of talent fuck all given in return by the players - take your £2-£7k a week and just fuck off

Rant over

Can’t think of a half of football I’ve ever seen worse than that. All associated should be ashamed. The owner coming out and saying Clemence is staying next season no matter what was naive for me. 6 points from 21, can’t win home games, he’s not the man to get us out of this league. Would love to know what he said to them at half-time!

You can't coach things like aggressive intent or pace, it's either in you or not and these two things have been the biggest failure of our recruitment besides goals. I've said all season that I'd swap naturally talented Connor Mahoney (who turns up when he fancies it) with someone like Alex Mcdonald any day of the week.
I hate Mahoney, technically very good and has the ability to play much higher, given his qualities it’s no wonder he’s playing at this level because more often then not he doesn’t turn up.

Lost for words.

Have tried to back, GFC, The Management, The Team but after that pathetic 2nd half performance they can all fuck off, no passion, no desire

I am and always will be GFC and tomorrow is another day but what a waste this season has been on the playing front shit loads of talent fuck all given in return by the players - take your £2-£7k a week and just fuck off

Rant over

Finally, welcome to the club. ;)

For all the dissing of this league and it's teams it's time to admit what we really knew all along. This is a bang average 4th tier squad. We have a few better quality players but no balance in those available to surprise anyone, or storm games. That drawing board looks larger tonight

The most worrying thing is I don't trust anyones judgement at the club to put this shit right.

BG thinks Clemence is the answer-not convinced he is.
BG thinks KJ and Hess are the answer on recruitment- don't think they are.
BG taking advice from KJ-not sure that's worked out well so far.

Beginning to look like we need a fecking good shake up on the whole football side of the business. Good luck with sorting this shit out Joe Comper.

Wonder if BG will be on twatter tonight.
Agree wholeheartedly with your 3 statements.something not right big time at the club. Been saying for ages now.Think Brad mentioned we might need 4/5 new players.try 11 minimum. Nobody deserves a wage for that pole of utter crap 2nd half.
What the fuc***g hell did Clem say at half time.
I actually thought 1st was pretty decent. 2nd half would rate as worst in Gills history

'Clemence deserves a chance to get his own squad in'

Does anyone who has said this genuinely believe that with a summer window that Clemence can turn this around for next season?

'Clemence deserves a chance to get his own squad in'

Does anyone who has said this genuinely believe that with a summer window that Clemence can turn this around for next season?
Well what we have to remember is that Clemence won’t be in charge of recruitment anyway.