The Ezri Konsa Thread | Page 31 | Vital Football

The Ezri Konsa Thread

Ezri is a different player to any of the right back options, and that’s before we even talk about his best position which is centre back. I don’t see the point in taking 3 similar right backs. On his day, Ezri can take any player in the world out of the game if he’s on it, it’s that old school defending mentality of marking a player out of the game. But I also think he reads the game better than anyone I’ve seen in a long time, it’s not a coincidence that he ends up making a good last ditch tackle because he set off a second quicker (or four seconds versus Macgire) than another defender.

He should absolutely be on that plane for versatility, but I doubt he will be.

As a general statement, I would Iike to see England start to build a side containing the likes of Konsa, Braithwaite, Mainoo and obviously Bellingham and do away with the current losers Macguire, Chilwell, Hendo, & Philips.
The Beak likes players who can play different positions so if White is ruling himself out Ezri will get the nod.

Until Ben White decides he wants a game of course. We know Ez is better than White but he doesn't play for a Sky club

I think it will depend on who the manager is after the Euros. Though I don't think White particularly cares about playing for England. He doesn't actually like football and probably sees going away with England where he's not getting paid or really starting much as a waste of time.

I think it will depend on who the manager is after the Euros. Though I don't think White particularly cares about playing for England. He doesn't actually like football and probably sees going away with England where he's not getting paid or really starting much as a waste of time.
Yep purely just a job to him, He Plays for money, which is fair enough at least he's honest.

I can see him playing for England again tbf - getting called out and belittled in front of the group of players is why he walked out on England and won’t play while Southgate is manager and particularly Holland the coach

Bad news is Southgate says he hasn't made his mind up what he wants to do after the Euros.

That's actually a common mischaracterisation of White based on half a quote. He said he never watched football because he always wanted to be playing it instead. He's also said that he wants to remove any distractions from being the best player he can - it looks like he means for Arsenal only and that playing for England would be a distraction.

His life, his career I guess.

Bad news is Southgate says he hasn't made his mind up what he wants to do after the Euros.

Hilariously, Southgate is likely to have his pick of clubs next summer. Utd and Chelsea will be available. Newcastle might be available too with Howe going to England. If Arteta can do something with Arsenal, Barcelona might want him. Liverpool is coming up but an unlikely destination. If the FA get around to throwing the book at Citeh, Pep will be off. It will be an interesting summer.

Hilariously, Southgate is likely to have his pick of clubs next summer. Utd and Chelsea will be available. Newcastle might be available too with Howe going to England. If Arteta can do something with Arsenal, Barcelona might want him. Liverpool is coming up but an unlikely destination. If the FA get around to throwing the book at Citeh, Pep will be off. It will be an interesting summer.
Worlds gone mad 🥴

Back to Ezri Konsa - did a good enough job out of position against one of the World’s elite attacking forces. Certainly no worse than Walker, Stones, McGuire, Dunk, Gomez or Chillwell. Would I say he’s done enough to make the Euro’s squad - probably not with Beaky who has his favourites but anyone with a brain could see that 4 of the above names were just making up the numbers yesterday.

I’d be taking him, not just because of his versatility but he’s a distance ahead of some of the others.

OMG - the unbelievably favored HM is out of the Belgium game as is Walker so you would think Ezri is nailed on to start [but that doesn't take into account the 'workings' of Beaky's mind. I just pray he doesn't get injured

Back to Ezri Konsa - did a good enough job out of position against one of the World’s elite attacking forces. Certainly no worse than Walker, Stones, McGuire, Dunk, Gomez or Chillwell. Would I say he’s done enough to make the Euro’s squad - probably not with Beaky who has his favourites but anyone with a brain could see that 4 of the above names were just making up the numbers yesterday.

I’d be taking him, not just because of his versatility but he’s a distance ahead of some of the others.
The only thing that goes against Ezri is that he isn't as dominant in the air. Dunk and slabhead are better at that.