Premier League Match Thread: Luton Town Vs Nottingham Forest, sponsored by peace, love and harmony on this forum | Page 23 | Vital Football

Premier League Match Thread: Luton Town Vs Nottingham Forest, sponsored by peace, love and harmony on this forum

Evidence would suggest current form is relegation form especially when you include FFP points deductions.
That wasn't what was said.

He said only Burnley are worse than us. In fact, all three promoted sides are worse than us in terms of quality.

Of course our current form is relegation form, no one will dispute that

And we wont be coming back any time soon either. Any more than 3 points and we are certainly down

This sounds like the same logic you were applying to wood last season. I wish you would not use words like definitely to then perform a complete turnaround when the opposite of what you have said happens. Last season wood was definitely the shitest player ever, in fact I am sure you said he was not even a footballer. You definitely did say something along the lines of he should never wear a forest shirt again and will never be any good for us, you wished him injuries. Yet here you are today endorsing a new contract for him?

Is it by this same logic we will be relegated. If so that tells me we still have every chance of staying up.

The stream that I was watching, said MGW was amazing at set pieces. I thought, this guy has never seen us play.
I had typed something out laughing about this but then felt the need to delete as for once it was actually a decent ball into the box. "Free kick maestro" or something he said lol

Sorry to go on but I don't think I've been this disappointed in a Forest team for years. After the Summer I thought we'd built a proper Premier League squad. Just give them a bit of time, I thought, and they'll blossom into a decent EPL quality midtable team.

Instead, we're making the exact same mistake every single fucking week. Close games, looking decent, and then give away a set piece in the last 10 minutes and we're done.

They are so mentally weak, so incapable of reacting when an opponent ups the intensity, or just wins a corner, so utterly fucking shit at defending set pieces if the opponent has enough players forward.

They need to grow a pair, and one fucking pair between them would at least be something.

I'm normally quite positive about Forest, but this game has done it for me. I'm now a member of the wrist slashing doom monger club. Thanks Forest. You've made me like this.

The stream that I was watching, said MGW was amazing at set pieces. I thought, this guy has never seen us play.
Yeah they were as bad as ever today weren't, fail to beat the 1st man, straight into the goalkeepers arms, overhit the full range of his repertoire & as for the free kick on the edge of the box. My son & I were sat here watching & I said to him I can remember when we used to get a bit excited if we had a free kick just outside the box or we got a corner. Now we don't bother because we know it will be crap. MGW is vastly overrated & I know he got an assist today but the rest of his game abysmal

Sorry to go on but I don't think I've been this disappointed in a Forest team for years. After the Summer I thought we'd built a proper Premier League squad. Just give them a bit of time, I thought, and they'll blossom into a decent EPL quality midtable team.

Instead, we're making the exact same mistake every single fucking week. Close games, looking decent, and then give away a set piece in the last 10 minutes and we're done.

They are so mentally weak, so incapable of reacting when an opponent ups the intensity, or just wins a corner, so utterly fucking shit at defending set pieces if the opponent has enough players forward.

They need to grow a pair, and one fucking pair between them would at least be something.

I'm normally quite positive about Forest, but this game has done it for me. I'm now a member of the wrist slashing doom monger club. Thanks Forest. You've made me like this.
If by some miracle we survive, we need to really look at replacing Taiwo now. Love him, but I don't love him as our number 1 for 10 games a season only.

And Nuno, I'd get rid of him. Dont like him, never will. Not an upgrade on Cooper by any stretch.

We've had all season to correct this defending set pieces situation but have got absolutely no better, whether this is a coaching issue or a case of the players being unable to take on board the coaching which i find a bit unlikely as individually they are all OK, but having said that 2 coaches have tried & failed to solve the problems
It only seems to take a couple of movements from the opposition and we are all over the place. It looks to me as we are setting up to defend zonally the problem with this set up is it is too easy to blame someone else & not take responsibility yourself.
It clearly isn't working so we ought to try man to man then there are clearly defined responsibilities, & it is less easy to deflect blame on to others
Zonal marking is shite..just go man marking to make us a little more solid

Couldn't agree more mate, 2 coaches & their assembled assistants have had a go at getting something out of them & failed miserably, I'm no expert so don't know if this is down to the coaching or the players or a combination of the 2.

These players clearly lack that drive & will to win or at least not lose that is needed in top level sport in general & premier league football in particular. I think Yatesy tries to provide as much as he can of it but he's very much on his own, & people just deride him and say he's not good enough, but if some of the other fancy Dan's put his level of work into it we might start to get somewhere

Really?

I mean... Really?

Remember this?

_IMG_000000_000000.jpg
This?
s-l400.jpg

This?
mqdefault.jpg

If by some miracle we survive, we need to really look at replacing Taiwo now. Love him, but I don't love him as our number 1 for 10 games a season only.

And Nuno, I'd get rid of him. Dont like him, never will. Not an upgrade on Cooper by any stretch.
I too initially thought Nuno would be a positive manager and an upgrade on Cooper who was clueless at the end .
Unfortunately he has failed to inspire the players to any sort of level . The coaching at Forest is blatantly pants . Be it defending attacking goalkeeping all have shown no improvement this season ....or last ....players are negative show no desire and as for our forwards .