The Premier League 2023-24 Thread | Page 75 | Vital Football

The Premier League 2023-24 Thread

Same level of fight as what?

We've stopped scoring but keep conceding.

We are shite at headers.

It's not even about fight, we'll lose about 4-0 just because these are the aerial masters and our players behave like vampires around crosses.

Fuck you Bournemouth, but the reality is we are down. All things equal we could stay up, but the Premier League will relegate us and under Nuno we've lost every bit of magic we had so we'll help them by relegating ourselves.

We were Luton last season. We don't have that now. We don't get the goals when they matter anymore
Same level of fight as Luton. Their fate was to go straight back down but they are fighting tooth and nail.

And if we can’t stop the headers we have to stop the crosses, dominate the midfield. Things we have the players to do but it’s up to Nuno to get it out of them

You'd be far better off betting on the Tories winning the election.

Luton will be out of sight against us within 20 minutes playing like this and no club in the league is more vulnerable to it
Give your head a wobble Pope, over the top as usual when things going against us.
Since when have we been vulnerable to break away goals cuz that's what Luton have done, broke away 3 times, scored 3.

Would anyone be tempted to part company with Nuno if we get beaten on Saturday? Not saying I would but interested to get peoples thoughts
Depends ? Does he want to be our manager in the championship?
An even more important question does EM still want to be our owner in the back in the Championship?

I think we’ll get an absolute hammering on Saturday
It starting to look like it will be between Everton and ourselves. It’s looking very grim. Absolute nightmare. As for ourselves to have any chance we have to win the next 3 games and see if we can drag a couple of others into it but not hopeful at all

Give your head a wobble Pope, over the top as usual when things going against us.
Since when have we been vulnerable to break away goals cuz that's what Luton have done, broke away 3 times, scored 3.
With a very likely points deduction coming our way, 3 losses on the trot and Luton hitting form it's hardly surprising there are major concerns chap.

They lump balls into the box and head it in. All the time. No club in the league is more vulnerable to that

If Cooper hadn't lost the dressing room by not playing certain players, not communicating with some (if the rumours are to be believed ) then maybe we'd have the chance to turn this around.

I dont like Nuno as he's dour and he gives me the impression that he might not really want to be here. Just my opinion.

We seem to have lost the atmosphere from last year, and to be in this position in the weakest league in living memory is an embarrassment

As @speel-gedling says, not beating any of those at home this season is on us, alongside the officials costing us at least 6 points.

Isn't this the first time this season we've been in the bottom three?

Great managerial appointment......

It will be 6 points on Friday and the PL will leak it. Won't be official for weeks but that is what it is.

The leak will include references to "the extent of our wreckless spending" being an aggrevating factor. The media and clubs like Brentford will lap it up.

We go to Luton on Saturday 6 points adrift but not officially.

We are pumped for the biggest game of our premier league lives.

And the players will have fucked it completely within 20 minutes

That's what I reckon will happen.

Perhaps now being in the bottom 3 reality will hit home with the players what sh*te we are in and they play to their potential.Or perhaps they wont.Let's hope they do.

Disagree that we are down, that is utter bollocks (sorry but it is). But, if we lose to Luton we have a good chance of it happening. The table is looking close with only 3 points separating a few teams.
Yeah i agree. This score at halftime is a shocker but we should be capable of getting enough points from our relatively easy run in from here. It's on us if we don't, starting this Saturday.

Obviously this outlook is excluding the prospect of us being completely done over with a points deduction

It starting to look like it will be between Everton and ourselves. It’s looking very grim. Absolute nightmare. As for ourselves to have any chance we have to win the next 3 games and see if we can drag a couple of others into it but not hopeful at all
It’s between Luton, Forest, Everton and Brentford at present. Palace may still be catchable but realistically it’s any one of those four. The picture changes with each game so we will see…

Yeah i agree. This score at halftime is a shocker but we should be capable of getting enough points from our relatively easy run in from here. It's on us if we don't, starting this Saturday.

Obviously this outlook is excluding the prospect of us being completely done over with a points deduction
Yep, agreed. We know this team on paper should not even be in this position so there are no excuses now. Also, if we do go down Nuno has to go IMO.

If Cooper hadn't lost the dressing room by not playing certain players, not communicating with some (if the rumours are to be believed ) then maybe we'd have the chance to turn this around.

I dont like Nuno as he's dour and he gives me the impression that he might not really want to be here. Just my opinion.

We seem to have lost the atmosphere from last year, and to be in this position in the weakest league in living memory is an embarrassment

As @speel-gedling says, not beating any of those at home this season is on us, alongside the officials costing us at least 6 points.
How many of those players have actually played since?

Worrall fucked off, Montiel hasn't played. Sangare had about one game, swanned off to the AFCON and where is he now? Dominguez the only one who has come back in and done something

I would swap Cooper for Nuno in a second. Because Nuno has done badly enough in results that what we now desperately need is FIGHT. Cooper had it in spades, Nuno does not