seagull munchers vs forest sponsored by friends reunited | Page 19 | Vital Football

seagull munchers vs forest sponsored by friends reunited

No you are demented because you bitch like a teenager with tourettes whenever someone disagrees with the bollocks you spout.

And I doubt you have managed to ‘please’ anyone in your life…

Listen brain defect bedsit boy.

Get back to pleasuring yourself over twinks in tight underpants and leave the football to the real men.

Terrible refereeing decision, but you take that out of the equation and it’s another game where a lack of composure at both ends of the pitch has resulted in another loss. We had enough of the game to have taken a point, but in the end their goalkeeper hasn’t really made a save.

A lot is made of our inability to defend free-kicks and corners, but we give away so many that it’s little wonder we eventually concede from one. In the first 30 minutes we gave away around about 10 free-kicks or corners, and didn’t defend them particularly badly until they scored. I don’t really see many other teams giving away so many stupid set-pieces.

I know it sounds negative but every bit of momentum seems to be against us at the minute. We lose no matter what, we don’t get a referee’s decision even when it’s as blatant as can be, we’re sitting at the whim of a panel that, if the rest of the league is owt to go by, will be desperate to send us to the Guillotine. It’s starting to feel horribly like a relegation season, with Luton doing just enough and us not quite getting there.

It’ll be a dogfight next week and we’ll get nothing. The refs have taken offence to how shit they’ve been in our games and are only going to get worse from here.

Was listening to Colin fray and Steve Sutton commentary who both thought the Brighton player was a definite sending off

I then looked at the challenge. IMO it's a borderline sending off at worst? Was expecting the challenge to be far worse the way it was described.

Can understand why VAR didn't change the yellow

We've got to stop complaining and start getting the job done and winning some points

I'm backing Nuno but this is a results business and he needs to start delivering results

It's on him to sort the team out and get more points on the board sharpish

Was listening to Colin fray and Steve Sutton commentary who both thought the Brighton player was a definite sending off

I then looked at the challenge it's borderline sending off at worst? Was expecting the challenge to be far worse

We've got to stop complaining and start getting the job done and winning some points

I'm backing Nuno but this is a results business and he needs to start delivering results
Wot?!

I then looked at the challenge. IMO it's a borderline sending off at worst? Was expecting the challenge to be far worse the way it was described.

It's on him to sort the team out and get more points on the board sharpish
The only reason I can think they would not send him off if they believe Gibbs -White fouled him initially.If you don't believe that two feet in the air and both landing on his ankle at pace isn't a sending off then you are on another planet chap .Did you see Mcginn's this afternoon? That was similar , not as bad, but given as a red.

Last edited:
Honest opinion

I'm not joining the queue to blame another defeat on the ref or VAR
I agreed with a lot of your post but it's the first time I've seen anyone say it was anything other than it was a clear red, or - at worst - Brighton fans saying "we might have got away with one there, for a change".

What I really, really don't want to see is nuno or mgw complaining about all future 50:50 decisions.

I don't like it, but I'll accept (for now), this new approach they seem to be taking of "every week" because we've had several cast iron mistakes against us and none for us. Looks like they're trying for that siege mentality in the squad - fine, we need something to cling to. A dispassionate review will show that we've been hard done by. But we're already getting a reputation for whinging that I most certainly don't want to defend. And I don't want the players or manager hiding their failings behind a dodgy excuse that it's not their fault.

Honest opinion

Even if the player had been sent off there's no guarantee we would have took advantage either

I'm getting fed up of us blaming everybody but ourselves for not getting results

It's a bad mentality IMO
I don't think a single person on this thread has blamed the non sending off for us losing. We were early shite today.

But it is the latest in a ludicrous streak of decisions going against us- several of which actually have been responsible for us losing points

Honest opinion

Even if the player had been sent off there's no guarantee we would have took advantage either

I'm getting fed up of us blaming everybody but ourselves for not getting results

It's a bad mentality IMO
I do agree that we have to rise above it, although it is hard to ignore, as we are not gonna suddenly get every decision our way by complaining. The squad we have should be looking at themselves questioning why they are doing so poorly as a collective.

Didn't think he connected anywhere near enough with Williams to be a blatant red?

But that's just my opinion

I'm also told we should have been down to 10 men ourselves long before then? After not getting a second yellow?

We've not played well enough again to get points. Simple as that

The more we whine and complain the more I think Luton will stay up above us with way less talent but way better attitude on and off the pitch

Just play harder, stronger and better consistently for the whole game and don't let refs or VAR come into the results

The quality on the bench shows the talent in the squad

We should be getting better results. It's down to players.

Nuno needs to step up to the plate now. Simple as that. Earn his wages.

I do agree that we have to rise above it, although it is hard to ignore, as we are not gonna suddenly get every decision our way by complaining. The squad we have should be looking at themselves questioning why they are doing so poorly as a collective.
I don't know about anyone else, but whenever I have gone through spells when it seems everything is against me, and there have been plenty at different times of my life it has always made me more determined to overcome them.

After last week's debacle I really thought the players would say right, let's show this lot that they can't keep us down with their ridiculous decision making, let's get stuck in & show them all, but it seems to have had the opposite effect, & they just don't look as if they are up for the fight.

Didn't think he connected anywhere near enough with Williams to be a blatant red?

But that's just my opinion

I'm also told we should have been down to 10 men ourselves long before then? After not getting a second yellow?

We've not played well enough again to get points. Simple as that

The more we whine and complain the more I think Luton will stay up above us with way less talent but way better attitude on and off the pitch

Just play harder, stronger and better consistently for the whole game and don't let refs or VAR come into the results

The quality on the bench shows the talent in the squad

We should be getting better results. It's down to players.

Nuno needs to step up to the plate now. Simple as that. Earn his wages.
He certainly needs to improve on the 25% win ratio. That's barely better than Cooper and includes the new manager bounce.

Honest opinion

Honest opinion - this thread is full of people angry at the team for a piss poor display today. Nobody is saying we were robbed of a result by VAR.

Literally nobody.

I still think we're justified in being angry at yet ANOTHER shitty decision going against us, regardless of the result.