MATCH THREAD v Villa 11 th March 13-00 ko | Page 9 | Vital Football

MATCH THREAD v Villa 11 th March 13-00 ko

Fantastic result, brilliant performance especially from all in the midfield Sarr, Biss, Madders.
At last the 'dirtiest team' in the league caught out
And Bent even got a nibble at Cash.
Great result, all round.
Hope PY can post on this one.
Give him the points Walt /US for that result he deserves em..
Of course we wish PY well Niall but rules is rules! lol

So, according to Ange we won because they were tired. If so it was not our good play that did it. We got a great result because of their schedule and their pratt of a captain. That first half performance was awful. No threat from good possession and sloppy on the ball giving up chances to run behind us. This great result cannot allow complacency to set in as we are still struggling to get the upper hand early in games whilst leaving the back door open.

So, according to Ange we won because they were tired. If so it was not our good play that did it. We got a great result because of their schedule and their pratt of a captain. That first half performance was awful. No threat from good possession and sloppy on the ball giving up chances to run behind us. This great result cannot allow complacency to set in as we are still struggling to get the upper hand early in games whilst leaving the back door open.
Not seen anything from Ange that would ever make me think Spurs would be complacent going into a game. Very few games where a side play well all game and the negative comments on here never cease to amaze me even after a 4-0 win. Tough crowd down the Lane!

Really nice to see a statement result by our boys today. I felt we had control from the earliest exchanges in the game. Whilst I've always had a soft spot for Villa, there's not much to like about Emery's Villa. It felt great putting them back in their place.

Shame about VDV, but I don't have the same worry as when we had to put Davies in the team earlier this season. Dragusin did himself proud. I hope it is nothing serious with VDV though.

Our 2 full-backs made such a difference today. They were excellent, as were guys like Johnson.

Really nice to see a statement result by our boys today. I felt we had control from the earliest exchanges in the game. Whilst I've always had a soft spot for Villa, there's not much to like about Emery's Villa. It felt great putting them back in their place.

Shame about VDV, but I don't have the same worry as when we had to put Davies in the team earlier this season. Dragusin did himself proud. I hope it is nothing serious with VDV though.

Our 2 full-backs made such a difference today. They were excellent, as were guys like Johnson.
All of the above but a special mention for Dragusin.

He didn’t have alot to do but what he did he did well. He looks to be a very decent player who will add considerable strength to an already impressive back line.

Not seen anything from Ange that would ever make me think Spurs would be complacent going into a game. Very few games where a side play well all game and the negative comments on here never cease to amaze me even after a 4-0 win. Tough crowd down the Lane!
It is not about playing well all game, Skelly. It is about gaining control and using the possession to try to get that important first goal. So much better than chasing a game. You surely can't be satisfied with no attempts on goal for 45 minutes.

Well if this is what happens when I take the family out for the afternoon and miss the game (first time in years) then perhaps I should miss games more often!!

It is not about playing well all game, Skelly. It is about gaining control and using the possession to try to get that important first goal. So much better than chasing a game. You surely can't be satisfied with no attempts on goal for 45 minutes.
No I’m not but if it means we get 4in the second half I can live with that.

I listened to Maddison’s interview last week on how difficult it is to create chances and that whilst the team would rather score early they actually seem to expect that the majority of our goals will come in the last twenty minutes.

I think with the start we had some supporters believe we are further down the development road then we actually are. Ange explained in his interview how much improvement he wants in relation to his squad and how we perform.

We won 4-0 at Villa a couple of years ago and they actually murdered us first half and should have two or three up and I think todays first half was much better then that night. Bindippers have just shown that a game of two halves is not unusual so just happy we came out on top.

Hi LT,
Get your point, and I know it was to Skelly, however I'm happy that.
We kept a clean sheet.
We bagged four goals (differing scorers) against a top four team, who haven't conceded this type of score in ages, we dominated midfield, their midfield are no slouches. All away from home.
I don't accept 'tired team' from Villa, no one ever cut us any slack when we were in Europe.
For me we are doing OK and as I've said on our day we can dominate and beat any team in the Prem.

No I’m not but if it means we get 4in the second half I can live with that.

I listened to Maddison’s interview last week on how difficult it is to create chances and that whilst the team would rather score early they actually seem to expect that the majority of our goals will come in the last twenty minutes.

I think with the start we had some supporters believe we are further down the development road then we actually are. Ange explained in his interview how much improvement he wants in relation to his squad and how we perform.

We won 4-0 at Villa a couple of years ago and they actually murdered us first half and should have two or three up and I think todays first half was much better then that night. Bindippers have just shown that a game of two halves is not unusual so just happy we came out on top.
All true Skelly, but playing well in the first half shouldn't preclude a good second performance. It's a cop out to state how difficult it is. You don't shoot, you don't score, simple as. I don't base my comments about a game on our development, but on our current potential with the squad we have. Of course we are much better on the eye from last season but if Ange isn't satisfied, why should we be?