Europa Conference League 2023/4 | Page 184 | Vital Football

Europa Conference League 2023/4

Watched Unai’s presser and think we’ll see a few changes to the line-up. He referenced the squad a lot.

Don’t do a MON please Unai, we need to carry momentum in to Sunday.

I don't think he'll change it that much personally.

We might see Diaby get a run out and maybe Pau will be saved for the weekend with Lenglet continuing alongside Konsa and obviously someone will have to come in for Ramsey (Tim, Zaniolo or Rogers?), and maybe Digne in for Moreno.

Apart from that I think the rest of the team will be full strength.

Watched Unai’s presser and think we’ll see a few changes to the line-up. He referenced the squad a lot.

It's a very tricky one to get right. People need to play to keep proper match fit. It's no good expecting someone who has not played for weeks to perform as well as the people they come in for who play week in week out.

If he did a MON we would still be in it to win it and with his way of playing you wouldn't bet against him.
I'd expect Tim I and Rogers to get game time. I expect Digne to start the game and Pau to get some time.
The thing is it's pointless trying to second-guess the Sultan

Can't see anything but strongest possible tonight.
He's pretty much said it aswell. He wants this. Alot.

"It is not in my mind to avoid competitions because we don't think it is important, because European football always has prestige. This competition started two years ago - Roma and West Ham have won and both are prestigious clubs."

"If we want to raise our levels, increase our level, playing important games, it is important to play matches like we are having to play this week and we have to be competitive. We have to get our performances in every competition, even with players repeating matches. We have to get the performances we need tomorrow and on Sunday [against Tottenham] - that is the challenge."

Can't see anything but strongest possible tonight.
He's pretty much said it aswell. He wants this. Alot.

"It is not in my mind to avoid competitions because we don't think it is important, because European football always has prestige. This competition started two years ago - Roma and West Ham have won and both are prestigious clubs."

"If we want to raise our levels, increase our level, playing important games, it is important to play matches like we are having to play this week and we have to be competitive. We have to get our performances in every competition, even with players repeating matches. We have to get the performances we need tomorrow and on Sunday [against Tottenham] - that is the challenge."
He's BANG UP for this and so am I .

Told work I'm leaving early today so I can be home well in time for kick off. Normally I walk through the door at 5.38 but that's if the train is on time and I'm taking no chances tonight.

He's BANG UP for this and so am I .

Told work I'm leaving early today so I can be home well in time for kick off. Normally I walk through the door at 5.38 but that's if the train is on time and I'm taking no chances tonight.
Have you gone in the car then

No. I'm getting the early train home.
I've put it on record, just in case. Then I can watch from the start of the build-up (if necessary). Tough test tonight. Brighton beat them twice, so we have a yardstick but I think their form has improved since then.

Pretty sure I won't get home to watch it . Maybe not at all depending. Best I can hope for is on my phone wherever I am.

Silly really because i'm in charge, so I can do what I want. But if one of my minions said they wanted to get home to watch their team on TV I'd tell them to fuck off or take leave. Especially the sky wankfesters. So gotta do as I say not as I do!.

Stupid ko time :lol:

Pretty sure I won't get home to watch it . Maybe not at all depending. Best I can hope for is on my phone wherever I am.

Silly really because i'm in charge, so I can do what I want. But if one of my minions said they wanted to get home to watch their team on TV I'd tell them to fuck off or take leave. Especially the sky wankfesters. So gotta do as I say not as I do!.

Stupid ko time :lol:
If my boss tried to stop me leaving tonight I'd tell him bollocks and Villa's more important. I do have 25 years credit in the bank though. Besides I was in an hour earlier this morning.

I did get sent home from work when we played Kiev in 1982 and it was a 2pm k.o. I was so hyper that they said I was unbearable.

Last edited:
Won’t be able to watch it this afternoon/evening as at work and will be busy no doubt but will try my best to see what I can. At least I can go next week though.

Also noticed the week of the final is fully booked at work with it being a school holiday so really struggling if we go that far.