MATCH THREAD v Wolves 17th Feb 3 pm | Page 14 | Vital Football

MATCH THREAD v Wolves 17th Feb 3 pm

This is correct

What's happened to bissouma?

Started the season with a spring in his step, beating a man to make space

No he is scared to make a forward pass.

For an all action coach, we play sideways and backwards a lot.
Socks, what I fail to get is Ange sees this during the game, yet I never see him call a player over or relay instructions or his coaches get involved with a touchline talk. It's almost his way or highway? Well, I hope long term it works out, I remain unconvinced.

Socks, what I fail to get is Ange sees this during the game, yes I never see him call a player over or relay instructions or his coaches get involved with a touchline talk. It's almost his way or highway? Well, I hope long term it works out, I remain unconvinced.
I was there today, he didn't seem to move once to give instructions (as you said) I don't understand how we can all see what's wrong and he just left it till the 70 th minute to make a change.

Maybe his coaches were barking out instructions?

Socks, what I fail to get is Ange sees this during the game, yet I never see him call a player over or relay instructions or his coaches get involved with a touchline talk. It's almost his way or highway? Well, I hope long term it works out, I remain unconvinced.
By utilising the full width of the pitch they're effectively removing both our wing backs leaving us vulnerable to the counter. That being said Wolves were still outstanding today, to a man.

Let's hope our ladies can bring us some joy tomorrow, today has been depressing with the Wolves defeat, our U21's being held to a draw at home by Wham, and our U18's being thrashed 4-1 at home by the Chavs.

By utilising the full width of the pitch they're effectively removing both our wing backs leaving us vulnerable to the counter. That being said Wolves were absolutely outstanding today, to a man.
We've been cought out by the same tactic by several teams this year. First breakdown of our attack and the opposition instantly looks to ping one to the wings. Lessons learnt?

What exactly are the coaches teaching to counter set plays?. No evidence out there. Vic the regular saviour.

By utilising the full width of the pitch they're effectively removing both our wing backs leaving us vulnerable to the counter. That being said Wolves were still outstanding today, to a man.
We had the same space out wide and we either ignored it completely or spent half and hour getting it out wide.

We've been cought out by the same tactic by several teams this year. First break of our attack and the opposition instantly looks to ping one to the wings. Lessons learnt?

What exactly are the coaches teaching to counter set plays?. No evidence out there. Vic the regular saviour.

The only difference from today than Brentford/Burnley/Everton/United/Brighton among others is we didn't have a super 15 minutes in which we scored 2/3.

We've been cought out by the same tactic by several teams this year. First breakdown of our attack and the opposition instantly looks to ping one to the wings. Lessons learnt?

City or should i say Pep did a number on us & it's coming back to haunt us now.

Let's hope our ladies can bring us some joy tomorrow, today has been depressing with the Wolves defeat, our U21's being held to a draw at home by Wham, and our U18's being thrashed 4-1 at home by the Chavs.
fraid to say TQ that it usually means they will fail as well as even they are not on song like they were before, using the same system .... we will have to wait and see

Do you want to go back to Conte ball Sock mate , seriously what do you want.
What's the difference?

I'd like the manager to show some adaptability and more than one tactic, stop being naive, stop sitting on his hands till 70th minutes

we've got one way to play, it's being cut open with ease as this is the PL and not SPL, every team has good players.

As with Conte we play well for about 20 minutes, then nothing.

I'd disagree with that vehemently Vinnie and hope it doesn't wreck your binge!

"we are playing some of the best football in years" - this is the bit that grates me. After having had two dinosaurs for 3 seasons, it wouldn't have taken much to enagage a 'front foot' coach to get the lads enjoy themselves. In addition get shot of the old brigade and the two factors give you a very enjoyable football. Why Ange is getting credit for that is beyond me. I look at how individuals may improve under coaches as well as the tactical and in-game management. What we are presently witnessing, I'd wager my bottom dollar, and say even the Luton manager would've got the same tune of our talented squad.

I keep saying this, we are not Celtic where they can freely score 3/4 goals and make it look so easy. PL is a MAJOR step up - ask Rodgers, Gerrard. Admit it, we've been lucky with many of the results, even in defeats where it could've been a thrashing with this brand of football. It is Ossieball.

Nuno was given just a few months and peeps were unhappy with that vacant glare on his face. The blank glare from Ange is worrying.

I am bored with reading he gives great interviews. Well, I don't watch them as Crocodile Dundee is just as good an entertainment!.
You have every right to disagree with me ,CS mate and for your information I wasn't on a "Binge" It was a few drinks with my family.You have just proved my point about over dissecting our performances. You are giving no alternatives or solutions in your rant and that's exactly what it is, a rant.

What's the difference?

I'd like the manager to show some adaptability and more than one tactic, stop being naive, stop sitting on his hands till 70th minutes

we've got one way to play, it's being cut open with ease as this is the PL and not SPL, every team has good players.

As with Conte we play well for about 20 minutes, then nothing.
We are still in the top 5.I rest my case Sock mate

How many games have we gotten away with it?

Only poor finishing or Vicario wonder saves have saved us

We concede way too many goals

Results have covered massive cracks.

When was the last game we played well? Newcastle?
Too long ago. We have had our moments but too few & far between for my liking. That's 3 games in a row we've come out 2nd best now. For where we want to be that's not really good enough. Speaking of which our defending has been really bad.

Our defending from set pieces is pretty embarrassing for a PL side. Wtf were Sarr & Son doing today allowing a free header in our 6 yard box?
I believe how teams these days defend corners is to have a group of blockers and then a group of headers.

I know it looks bad but I don't think it was their job for the goal. They were there to block runners primarily which Son did do (i cant remember where Sarr was exactly). Our main headers of the ball should have been attacking it to clear it. The main question I have is why were we set up that not one of them close enough to at least put pressure on the header?