TOTTENHAM v Burnley FA CUP 3rd round Friday 5 th Jan 20-00 MATCH THREAD | Page 9 | Vital Football

TOTTENHAM v Burnley FA CUP 3rd round Friday 5 th Jan 20-00 MATCH THREAD

Intent without the execution to succeed, his technique is wretched.
There were numerous examples tonight where his brain and his feet were not on the same wavelength and he has to understand when he has time to select a more accurate pass and when he needs to just whip the ball into the danger area. He currently lacks composure but that may come as he gets more experience and confidenc.

Did forget to mention in my earlier post how poor Skipp looked tonight and he just looks completely out of his dept. I remember being at Wembley when he made his debut, funnily enough against Burnle, and he has never lived up to that early promise but he’s not alone in that. He will have a decent career but will probably be like Pritchard and spend a significant part of it playing in the Championship.

Think this game highlights the weaknesses in our squad and whilst I feel we were the better side they really should have scored with the last kick of the game. But any side that wins the cup normally has a moment of good fortune on the way😀.

Thankfully VDV back next week but we desperately need another midfielder in the absence of Sarr and Biss. Unfortunately, our front three tonight were just not at the races and we have to move the ball quicker and desperately need to improve our delivery from out wide. Also why don’t we shoot when the opportunity arises? I’ve noticed this creeping into our play more and more and its very frustratin.

As for MOM overall in a poor team display I thought both Royal & Benty were decent so between those two in my eyes. Good news is we are through and ultimately that’s all that matters.
Agree thought Royal had a great game .

We must all see things differently.
I thought possession wise we dominated the game with Burnley or should that be BORELY playing a Park the Bus game.
We were guilty of over playing most times, trying to thread it through.
I thought Richi tho 'not on form, didn't get great service either.
I don't think Kane scored in every game either, but at le last Richi runs a bit.
I thought Bentancur played very well looking, strong, composed, and decisive.
Emerson was very athletic.
Johnson did well.
I thought Sess did OK
Whilst the other three subs
Donley, Gil and Scarlett like boys against men.
Nothing in them to show me they're ready for first team football.
Very ugly win
However Burnley were never scoring, they couldn't score a piece of furniture. Awful boring team who tried to smash and grab, but just ended up making a boring game with their negativity.
BTW ref gave em every little decision and us nowt (yet again)
Next

One of these game where, if we'd gone out of the cup it would have been a travesty. However, only winning by the odd goal leaves us open for criticism.

Within that, there was a moment of magic from Porro, whilst Emerson was simply superb tonight. That kid is an amazing professional.

Also, did Davies play out the last few mins of the game with yet another hammie in the squad? It didn't look great from his body language.

One of these game where, if we'd gone out of the cup it would have been a travesty. However, only winning by the odd goal leaves us open for criticism.

Within that, there was a moment of magic from Porro, whilst Emerson was simply superb tonight. That kid is an amazing professional.
I think Spurs supporters are immune to criticism by now. Who cares, a win is a win. Onwards and upwards.

We must all see things differently.
I thought possession wise we dominated the game with Burnley or should that be BORELY playing a Park the Bus game.
We were guilty of over playing most times, trying to thread it through.
I thought Richi tho 'not on form, didn't get great service either.
I don't think Kane scored in every game either, but at le last Richi runs a bit.
I thought Bentancur played very well looking, strong, composed, and decisive.
Emerson was very athletic.
Johnson did well.
I thought Sess did OK
Whilst the other three subs
Donley, Gil and Scarlett like boys against men.
Nothing in them to show me they're ready for first team football.
Very ugly win
However Burnley were never scoring, they couldn't score a piece of furniture. Awful boring team who tried to smash and grab, but just ended up making a boring game with their negativity.
BTW ref gave em every little decision and us nowt (yet again)
Next
Have not seen the game so thanks for your comments, Niall.

Yet again we demonstrated our inability to break down a team that doesn't come to play. Burnley were awful, we were simply poor. Maddison continues to be hugely missed because there is not much creativity elsewhere.

It proves to me we need to get rid of Gil Skipp Hojberg Lo C and Sess ... and for me Scarlett aint a striker in the making sorry not at this level (and the level wasnt that high in this game). Dont get me wrong - i agree with the subs to save the legs of the first teamers but this was a patch up to ride out the last 10-15 mins. It worked but could so easily been a draw - that is the FAC for you.
Hopefully Ange will be knocking on Levy's door first thing monday morning if not sooner to ask "where are my reinforcements".

Yet again we demonstrated our inability to break down a team that doesn't come to play. Burnley were awful, we were simply poor. Maddison continues to be hugely missed because there is not much creativity elsewhere.
Lo Celso injury means it's a midfield of Skipp/lo Celso/bent at ot if it's serious.

It needed a worldie to settle it as we had nothing in attack to speak of. Gone are the sweeping moves that turn defences and no fox in the box to administer the coup de grace. Can't fault the effort to dominate possession but the entertainment value has dropped to nearly Conte levels. Just when you think Richy have arrived, he disappoints yet again.

If he wasn't an academy lad he wouldn't be here.

Winks was and is better.

The club must stop this sentimental nonsense and stop rewarding these bottom of the table, Championship level players.

We genuinely have better players in the academy.

Him and Hojberg dont seem to cope when pressured, they turn it over way too easily.

Neither have the composure needed to play at the top level, Skipp needs to move on for both parties to kick on.

Think can already chalk next week as a loss with hojberg/Skipp in the middle