The Official MK Dons Match Thread (Sponsored by Keith Millen "for all your caretaking needs") | Page 8 | Vital Football

The Official MK Dons Match Thread (Sponsored by Keith Millen "for all your caretaking needs")

Great improvement overall but almost threw it away in the last 10 mins, I think the defensive subs played into their hands and it was only some top saves from Turner that stopped it being a draw.

Do you love Neil Harris and Bradford?
Just standing up for balance when the likes of Trashy and Tinker were always going to say it was much better today, however we played.

Probably had the texts ready to send at 2 p.m.

Yes, it sounded like we were playing further up the pitch, but that will leave space behind and affect our defensive shape (hence hanging on at the end). Don't forget Hess's last season as Manager had us joint top scorers in the division but finishing eighth. Maybe BG and the fans (less those that have heart attacks, of course) will accept the same again. Who knows?

Last edited:
We should have been three or four up but poor use of subs on 75 made that much harder than it needed to be at the end. We seemed to lose all shape, lost all attacking threat and allowed them onto us. Clark looked like a rabbit in headlights. Still three points in the bag at the end of the day with a few out injured but did not enjoy that last 20
I thought we looked poor in the opening twenty and the substitutions weakened us and made for a horrid ending, offensively we looked more then capable, just wish rather then sitting on a two goal lead we continued as we were. Bonne, Ogie and Turner were brilliant imo, not a bad performance out there but hard pushed to pick between the three.

Took us 15 minutes and the Nadesan injury to wake us up but it's been a tough week for the squad so great to see them battle into the game and take charge. Big up for Shad Ogie who was immense today and Turner kept us in it. Special mention for the RE who concentrated on getting right behind the lads and not on the distractions. Good weekend everyone!

Just standing up for balance when the likes of Trashy and Tinker were always going to say it was much better today, however we played.

Probably had the texts ready to send at 2 p.m.

Yes, it sounded like we were playing further up the pitch, but that will leave space behind and affect our defensive shape (hence hanging on at the end). Don't forget Hess's last season as Manager had us joint top scorers in the division but finishing eighth. Maybe BG and the fans (less those that have heart attacks, of course) will accept the same again. Who knows?
Did you watch the game today?

The game changed when we bought Bonne on, I was fearing the worst before that but hoping for a 0-0, he was excellent especially in the first half. Ogie had another exceptionally solid game too and Turner pulled off a number of decent stops especially one from Eisa who was given far too much space on the left wing before firing a great shot in around the 40th minute.

Mahoney should have made it 3-0 in the second half and then the game would have been over, possibly should have squared the ball to J Clarke who was in space to his left but had a fairly good shot saved well by their keeper.

Strange atmosphere around the game today, no one really knowing what to expect and I think very few feeling that optimistic. But a very good result none the less although I’d expect MK to be the next club to change managers pretty soon.

Nice little applause for Tucker as he warmed up on the sideline, he’s one of our own. Noticed he had quite a long chat with Ehmer too whilst he was there, smiles all round.

Not much else to add really apart from a cursory glance at the bbc stats after didn’t really reflect much of the game I’d just watched, which is odd.
BBC stats don't show xG which was in our favour
Also 12 of their shots were blocked

Last edited:
Let’s just be grateful that the players responded after what was a massive shock for them, with Harris getting sacked.
I wasn’t there to watch but listened to the away commentary and they said that we were much the better side until the coach decided to make the changes and try to shut up shop.
I suppose it’s exactly what Harris and 90% of other managers would do.
Then we were hanging on for dear life.
But we ground it out which is the mark of a good team and players who are united.
I’m going on holiday on Tuesday and will miss the next four games.
Hopefully we’ll be clear at the top when I get back.
UTG

I thought we looked poor in the opening twenty and the substitutions weakened us and made for a horrid ending, offensively we looked more then capable, just wish rather then sitting on a two goal lead we continued as we were. Bonne, Ogie and Turner were brilliant imo, not a bad performance out there but hard pushed to pick between the three.
That's a fair assessment. The changes and what looked like a change of formation for the last 20 mins handed the initiative to MK Dons which made for a nervous ending to a game which had been totally under control until that point,

Delighted with the 3 points and looking forward to the next home game against current league leaders.

The positives:

1. Two up front from the start and that's how it should be at home.
2. When Bonne came on he looked very good, won lots of balls and took his chance well.
3. Nicholls was unselfish and gave Malone his goal on a plate
4. Ogie will make us decent money if we have him on a long term contract.
5. Thought the ref was decent. Never really thought about him and that's the sign of a good one.

The negatives:

1. What was the double defensive sub all about, did we really plan to sit deep for 20 mins ? Mind boggling.
2. Mahoney needs to look at the video and realise what being an unselfish player means - he had 2/3 players square and unmarked, would have wrapped up the game at 3-0.
3. I had Gills to win 2-0 with Bonne to score - thanks for nothing with letting them get one back :cool:

Overall much better at home but for crazy subs that handed the initiative back to MK. I'm glad I changed my flights to make the game.

Good win and a really good 55 minutes bookended by a dreadful first 20 and final 15. Never like to see one of our players get injured but Bonne come onto the pitch transformed the game for us (penny for the thoughts of plenty who do nothing but slag him off). He’s our best forward by a country mile in my opinion.

Does today tell us anything much in terms of right or wrong to sack Harris? I don’t think so, given what we’re like at home and MK’s generous defending I think we’d have won today regardless.

Next week will probably tell us a bit more when we see how we look in a game away from home, fingers crossed the new man is in place for then.