James McClean | Page 3 | Vital Football

James McClean

McClean would make a great captain. Who else is getting the armband if not him? Only other candidate I can think of would be Whatmough and he's likely off before the end of the window.

I'd like to think there'll be no public tantrums from our own fans if Maloney chooses him but I'm not getting my hopes up on that front...

How do you know Jeff's career history?
True Sid, Jeff too, may be a 'War veteran'.
We've only Muttys word that he actually served in the forces.
I might have been PM years ago for all anyone on here knows (apart from Moonay and Jeff).

Glad we're making internal staff decisions based on leadership qualities, experience, desire... and not who may or may not plonk some flowers down once a year.

True Sid, Jeff too, may be a 'War veteran'.
We've only Muttys word that he actually served in the forces.
I might have been PM years ago for all anyone on here knows (apart from Moonay and Jeff).
Weve done this before on cockney Latic HORC. Someone tried calling bullshit and offered to bare his arse on the bridge over the duggy on a match day if I was actually in the military. One photo of a Sunderland and warriors shirt next to a harrier aircraft in Kandahar later, he was properly owned. Loudmouth blue was his user id. I was the bigger man and let him off his forfeit

Weve done this before on cockney Latic HORC. Someone tried calling bullshit and offered to bare his arse on the bridge over the duggy on a match day if I was actually in the military. One photo of a Sunderland and warriors shirt next to a harrier aircraft in Kandahar later, he was properly owned. Loudmouth blue was his user id. I was the bigger man and let him off his forfeit
Good on yer Mutty. I've never really had a problem with you on here or CL, but to be fair, you don't do yourself any favours.

Good man but are you being presumptuous about Jeff?

I think McClean can let himself down at times but maybe the responsibility of the captains armband will make him tone down some of his more hot headed moments.

He's definitely got a lot of qualities you look for in a captain and if Whatmough isn't starting he is probably the most logical choice.

Good on yer Mutty. I've never really had a problem with you on here or CL, but to be fair, you don't do yourself any favours.
I have no great problem with Sunderland. Actually they were superb last season and scored some corking goals. All we had to do was finish ahead of them last season and with an half decent window last summer we would have done and things could have been different.
Warriors?? I just can not stand them.

Why bring politices into football?

There could be a number of solutions to avoid a difficult situation for McClean.
A wreath could be placed by the club captain rather than the team captain?
A wreath of white and red poppies?

Gone and done a Whatmough. How long as he and his bloody agent been negotiating this? Announced on the eve of the season.