• Bottom half, avoiding relegation

Votes: 8 17.8%
  • Relegated

Votes: 1 2.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

gazlatic

Vital Reserves Team
Having read through posters comments I get the feeling there is a great deal of variation in fans expectations for the season ahead. So just for curiosity what are our expectations based on how the squad is shaping up so far?

Was reading yesterday that Sky pundits thought we would definitely get relegated .
Not a chance you idiots !!

I think i heard (Charlie Keegan on one of the podcasts iirc) that with the -8 we basically need 14th place form to even stay up - not checked if for myself so not 100% sure how true it is.

So i'd be happy to finish lower mid table.

But this is Latics. We'll probably win the play-offs

The key thing is we need to stay up. I'm confident we will but that should be the initial focus. Anything after that is a bonus. The following season (24/25) I'm hoping we will really kick on

Its still very early to predict anything though. At the moment we have a decent looking squad on paper but I get the feeling a few more players might go, particularly the 'big earners' such as Whatmough. I suspect Kerr and Magennis would have been gone too if they weren't injured.

With it now having been a while into pre season and considering the signings we've made (and not made), bottom half, so a big come down from a few weeks or so ago when it I said we had a good chance of the playoffs. I'm also taking into account that I expect other big names like Lang and Whatmough to leave before the window is done.

Well there is now talk of Amos going. I would find that very strange. Seeing we have let Jones go. Don’t think Lang. Will go as not really any interest. Whatmough. Will have to be a top end league 1 side. As I thought he really struggled at championship level. Can see. Jordan Jones. Going back up Scotland maybe back on loan the last week of the window. When you look at the last 2 years. He’s done nothing.

If we get off to a good start anything is possible as I think we have a decent squad. But the season will probably come down to consistency. We have a lot of young players which is exciting in one way but will mean we will inevitably have a few dips. If we can get someone experienced in the middle of the park it will help us, but having said that we do have players like Wyke and Magennis who will be a big help on that front (if they can stay fit)

Mid table , but so long as we avoid relegation and look to be half decent then I’ll be happy. Need a good consolidation season.

Well there is now talk of Amos going. I would find that very strange. Seeing we have let Jones go. Don’t think Lang. Will go as not really any interest. Whatmough. Will have to be a top end league 1 side. As I thought he really struggled at championship level. Can see. Jordan Jones. Going back up Scotland maybe back on loan the last week of the window. When you look at the last 2 years. He’s done nothing.
That's been started by someone mistaking Luke Amos going to Reading as Ben Amos going,He just read the headline

Hope we have a nice positive start, hopefully pick up 4 wins in 6 and have points on the board and fire in the belly. Be nice if we looked like we give a shit in any of the cups and get a nice day out somewhere, take 6 points off Bolton, smash and grab a win at somewhere like Derby or Portsmouth, string a run together that briefly gets us all giddy that if the stars aligned we could snatch 6th, but end up comfortably in 14th never having to look over our shoulders, solvent and existing and ready to smash the shit out of League 1 in 24/25.