Antonio Conte - (Sacked) Manager Thread | Page 181 | Vital Football

Antonio Conte - (Sacked) Manager Thread

Was Conte's time as head coach a success/failure?

• Success

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Failure

Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Neither - just more wasted time

Votes: 10 71.4%

• Total voters
The new manager will have some job. If we are serious about rally challenging the big boys then the following will need to be replaced IMO:
Lloris, Royal, Dier, Sanchez, Tanganga, Lenget, Davies, Holjberg (possibly).
Add in the Kane issue - any new manager will want to know that he is staying and we all know he will want to leave. A saga that will no doubt drag on until 31st August.
Is Son past his best or is it just one bad season. In any case the club need a plan of how to replace these two which they will need to do at some point soon (Liverpool have already signed Nunez, Diaz and Gakpo to replace their famed from three). I wonder if we have a plan for replacing Kane and Son.
Then there is the issue of our unwanted loan players which are draining the wage bill and impacting upon FFP - N'dombele, Le Celso, Regulion, Winks.
It's a big job. I hope there is a talented coach out there willing to take on the challenge. I suspect it won't be Poch or Negelsmann.
Whoever it is, it will only work if owner. D of F and manager are all working together and not against each other.
Nailed it Donny. 👌

I just see it as that Daniel has reverted to the clubs DNA .
Hire someone , pretend to back them up , moan about the ones who we couldn’t get over the line, have a board meeting where everyone gets to fume a bit , give it a week , sack the manager , bring in Private Ryan , appoint another manager , rinse and repeat.

or was that not the DNA he was alluding to ?

I’ve just heard Conte made the players run 2k BEFORE matches !
This according to a report from Sammi Mokbel . . who is a sports reporter for one of the black tops .

No wonder we couldn’t get going ! We only got our second wind in the second half !

Paratici hearing / court case has been delayed until May, which isn’t very helpful .

It was pointed out to me , I don’t do unsocial media , that not one player commented on Conte ‘s social media post thanking the fans , none of them have come out and said how sad it is to see him go , none of them are unhappy he has gone ….

I don’t do unsocial media , so I can’t back up the comments bit ….but it does seem very quiet .

Paratici hearing / court case has been delayed until May, which isn’t very helpful .

It was pointed out to me , I don’t do unsocial media , that not one player commented on Conte ‘s social media post thanking the fans , none of them have come out and said how sad it is to see him go , none of them are unhappy he has gone ….

I don’t do unsocial media , so I can’t back up the comments bit ….but it does seem very quiet .

Kulu said he backs the club regardless and Son called him a world class manager and apologised for being shit all season...

Is £80m enough to replace his goals?

I cannot build a logical argument that we turn down £80m, then pay him another £10m salary and convince ourselves that his goals and on-pitch contribution makes it worth it. You're talking £3m a goal on a 30 goal season. That's without the ones he might cost us at our end if he continues in the mode of the last 2 seasons. It's also in an injury free season.

The trick to replacing Kane one-for-one is not trying to. We just need to setup differently. Arsenal have 4 players scoring at a one-in-three rate. 45 goals between them this season.

We've all been hoping for that to happen for around 4 years now PY!
Yes agreed! then look at the shit that has been our "World Class" managers, I will not jump on the HK out bandwagon, if he decides his time is up at Spurs, fair play, I will say bye bye all the best and thanks for the entertainment I/we got from you.

Mind his goals will have to be replaced, one way or another.

I cannot build a logical argument that we turn down £80m, then pay him another £10m salary and convince ourselves that his goals and on-pitch contribution makes it worth it. You're talking £3m a goal on a 30 goal season. That's without the ones he might cost us at our end if he continues in the mode of the last 2 seasons. It's also in an injury free season.

The trick to replacing Kane one-for-one is not trying to. We just need to setup differently. Arsenal have 4 players scoring at a one-in-three rate. 45 goals between them this season.

Good points. (You know I have agreed with you for a while about Kane's work-rate.)

Let me throw in a few other factors...

£80m (+£10m in wages saved) but strengthening a top 4 rival with a rejuvenated Kane. Does Kane's wages potentially counter the prize money from finishing higher up the table/marketing?