Manchester City | Vital Football

Manchester City

Breckland

Vital Reserves Team
Of course we have no reason to like Man City but in trying to be dispassionate about our history with them I have to say that my view on the current scandal is that they should be expelled from the premiership, fined a very substantial amount of money and potentially be stripped of titles won under their corrupt management.

Their clear breaches of regulations ( more than 100 ) were repeated , fraudulent and of huge significance in the strength of their playing squad. There can be no doubt that many match results were attributable directly to their illegal activities.

Shame on their owners and all those who knew.

Of course we have no reason to like Man City but in trying to be dispassionate about our history with them I have to say that my view on the current scandal is that they should be expelled from the premiership, fined a very substantial amount of money and potentially be stripped of titles won under their corrupt management.

Their clear breaches of regulations ( more than 100 ) were repeated , fraudulent and of huge significance in the strength of their playing squad. There can be no doubt that many match results were attributable directly to their illegal activities.

I think we *should* see a juventus type penalty with them having to start in a much lower league, I don’t think we will though. Probably just a huge fine which they’ll easily pay and then just carry on as if nothing happened.

I do wonder at the overall result of this .
Will the Premier league simply try to brush things under the carpet?
I suspect yes.
If they do punish Manchester City with any more than a token punishment will this lead to a breakaway by many of the top sides?

Imagine them being relegated to league two and pipping us to promotion next season, of course I’m getting ahead of myself.

For legal reasons I would suggest use of the word allegations rather than scandal until case proven.

I do wonder at the overall result of this .
Will the Premier league simply try to brush things under the carpet?
I suspect yes.
If they do punish Manchester City with any more than a token punishment will this lead to a breakaway by many of the top sides?

the difference this time is that it is the epl accusing them.

the time before was when they were found guilty by uefa but Man C took it to the appeal to the court of arbitration and won.
Under the epl rules there cannot be an appeal.

expect a fine lol.

I reckon PL will go for points deduction and a mega fine (to be split between lower league clubs? Ha, wishful thinking), stopping short of booting the cheating bastards out of the division and hurting their "brand".

#AgainstModernFootball

Not sure of all the ins and outs but up here north of the border Rangers were demoted to the bottom division a few years ago. Was great for all the smaller teams as they were guaranteed big crowds when they played them.

Not sure of all the ins and outs but up here north of the border Rangers were demoted to the bottom division a few years ago. Was great for all the smaller teams as they were guaranteed big crowds when they played them.

Think that was slightly different, I believe the old Rangers were liquidated with a new team (under every banner they already had) was parachuted in to the Scottish fourth division, unlike normal new clubs up there that have to start at least two divisions below that. The SFA breaking all their own rules in the process.

Edit: maybe @Well Fan can clarify?

I really don't understand EPL "fair play" financial rules but, under natural justice, they do not seem to be the worst offenders.

What about Abramovitch/Boehly and Chelsea? Stamford Bridge still only has a capacity of 42k which must mean their matchday turnover is smaller than Arsenal, Spurs and the Manchester clubs. They very rarely sell a player for a big sum (Hazard excepted) and yet Abramovitch was always splashing the cash and Boehly has now spent $600 million since taking over in the summer:
Chelsea has spent over $600 million on new signings. Here's why that's significant | CNN

Clearly, some have found loopholes to get around the attempts at any sort of financial "fair play" so it is a bit rich to single out one club.

I really don't understand EPL "fair play" financial rules but, under natural justice, they do not seem to be the worst offenders.

What about Abramovitch/Boehly and Chelsea? Stamford Bridge still only has a capacity of 42k which must mean their matchday turnover is smaller than Arsenal, Spurs and the Manchester clubs. They very rarely sell a player for a big sum (Hazard excepted) and yet Abramovitch was always splashing the cash and Boehly has now spent $600 million since taking over in the summer:
Chelsea has spent over $600 million on new signings. Here's why that's significant | CNN

Clearly, some have found loopholes to get around the attempts at any sort of financial "fair play" so it is a bit rich to single out one club.
Yes, but Russian money is allowed in. They are buying up London. Apparently that's ok.
:-(

Chelsea have always been much cuter when it comes to FFP.
Abramovich did write off billions even before he was forced out.
Also Chelsea have been signing players on 7-8 year contracts hence spreading the cost of that player. This is what UEFA are now looking at. They are looking to put a maximum length on any single contract.
If Chelsea, Man U or any other prem teams have been breaking the rules then I am sure the EPL would be going after them too.
I honestly don’t think this is a witch hunt against City.
They just seem to have been pretty flagrant.

the time before was when they were found guilty by uefa but Man C took it to the appeal to the court of arbitration and won.
Under the epl rules there cannot be an appeal.

They can appeal, but they can't take it to the court of arbitration, according to this:

"What will happen next?

Murray Rosen KC has been asked by the Premier League to select a three-person panel to form the commission that will hear the charges. At least one member of this panel must be a financial expert. The hearings will be conducted in private and there is no timeframe on how long the commission will take to complete its work. Legal experts imagine a matter of months. After the commission publishes its verdict, either side can go to an appeals panel and, after that, arbitration. If all that fails, a party could try to find an argument to take to the high court. Under the rules of association of the Premier League there is no opportunity for either party to go to the court of arbitration for sport in Switzerland."

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...premier-league-charges-key-questions-answered

Probably just be a big fine to make it look like their taking action, City will have no problem paying it and then just carry on the same. Their continue to buy success but will no doubt have to get use to sharing some of the trophy's that the Geordies will start buying over the next few seasons.
A good enough reason to have no wish to ever join that lot.

There are a few Prem clubs who will press for points deduction. It will be interesting to see if any go public with that view.

Leeds were a big club when they fell from grace, not the same scenario but they didn't get special treatment. The allegation that City obstructed the enquiry may be telling.

It's bizarre that we have allowed clubs to own other clubs in multiple countries and shunt players between them. Who knows how this even works? City took over Girona and took them to the top division in Spain. In the unlikely event they challenged for a CL spot how would that have worked.

The shower at the top fancied a closed shop big money exhibition league. I rather wish they'd bugger off and play one another in moneyed dictatorships. We can then talk about doing the 72, 80, 84 or whatever.