Relegation Form | Vital Football

Relegation Form

Form is awful, but our next 4 league games are an opportunity to put things right:

MK Dons (a) - 23rd
Burton (h) - 22nd
Cambridge (h) - 20th
Accrington (a) - 21st

The points we accumulate from those 4 games will be a big indicator of what we are this season.

You don’t need me to tell you that all of those games are massive. They’re huge.

Scary, in a way.

I am not saying change the manager with my critics. My philosophy will be that the manager and the team have contributed to the poor form, the next 4 are an opportunity to arrest the decline.

The squad isn’t good enough though. The question will then be is the manager.

Form may not be great, but we have got points against Bolton Plymouth and Ipswich. We just need those performances on a regular basis. That said, the loss of Virtue is a devastating blow and finding a replacement for him is crucial.

Form is awful, but our next 4 league games are an opportunity to put things right:

MK Dons (a) - 23rd
Burton (h) - 22nd
Cambridge (h) - 20th
Accrington (a) - 21st

The points we accumulate from those 4 games will be a big indicator of what we are this season.

You don’t need me to tell you that all of those games are massive. They’re huge.

Scary, in a way.

Wow. Really massive few weeks / games for us. Let's hope we can get two or three wins from them.

Trouble is, can we just like that all of the sudden start winning games ?
Doubt it. Winning is a habit.

We will more than likely bottle it with another two home draws and two of those gutless capitulations away from home.
One win in ten is very poor

We are OK on the Sincil carpet where the ball doesn't bobble and decent teams allow us a bit of time in midfield. We can play a bit of football, even though we lack finishers.

Put us on a poor pitch like at Burton and today where we have to compete for every ball, our appalling lack of quality shows through.

Balls bouncing away from Hopper, Diamond and Bishop. Sanders going from a creative energetic player at Southampton to just hooking the ball forward today because he didn't have the quality or time to control the ball and play a pass.

Mandroui is about the only one with a good first touch on a poor pitch. The next four games are against average teams who will not give us any room to play. A huge test!

Not looking overly great. We should stay up but have to be much more creative in midfield and have to score more goals.

These next 4 games will say a lot about how the rest of the season will look.

8 points or more and that play off thread will be on the go.

5 or less and pages on this thread will be well into double figures.

Before the last of those games the transfer window will "slam shut" and the shape of the squad for the rest of the season will be known. That Accrington game in particular then seems pivotal.

We only need one more goal then the 4th from bottom. I think there are 4 worse teams than us. Plus with Lewis back we can be force from set pieces.

I would decline all offers for Poole unless they are 7 figures.

We only need one more goal then the 4th from bottom. I think there are 4 worse teams than us. Plus with Lewis back we can be force from set pieces.

I would decline all offers for Poole unless they are 7 figures.

Always assuming offers are forthcoming.

The other issue with these dire performances is where is the entertainment value

Which player gets bums off seats

Form may not be great, but we have got points against Bolton Plymouth and Ipswich. We just need those performances on a regular basis.

And there lies the problem doesn’t it? Points off Bolton, Plymouth and Ipswich will mean nothing if we don’t beat Cambridge, MKDons, Accrington and Burton, when arguably we’ve put in 2 already shocking performances against Burton and Cambridge? Early 6 pointers…?

We are OK on the Sincil carpet where the ball doesn't bobble and decent teams allow us a bit of time in midfield. We can play a bit of football, even though we lack finishers.

Put us on a poor pitch like at Burton and today where we have to compete for every ball, our appalling lack of quality shows through.

Balls bouncing away from Hopper, Diamond and Bishop. Sanders going from a creative energetic player at Southampton to just hooking the ball forward today because he didn't have the quality or time to control the ball and play a pass.

Mandroui is about the only one with a good first touch on a poor pitch. The next four games are against average teams who will not give us any room to play. A huge test!
Back to train at the Barracks or maybe the Cow Paddle should the trick.

We just don't win that many on the Sincil carpet.

Draw at home lose away means one thing.