Royal Family | Page 81 | Vital Football

Royal Family

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's fair point Kefkat. No I won't be watching it as I have no interest in them, I'm no royalist either btw. I just don't understand why 2 fabulously lucky and wealthy people who want privacy have done a series like this. I get Harry is angry about his moms death / treatment etc but I think there's better ways of dealing with it , like therapy rather than a Netflix series.

I haven’t seen the programme so I can’t comment on its worth but it sounds like a one sided account of affairs. Without some balance that puts a counter view it would be difficult to have an informed opinion on the events described. Why, for instance, were members of the support team at the palace required to sign non-disclosure agreements depriving them of any right of reply? Who has been asked, officially, to argue against some of the more lurid accusations?
Harry has had an emotionally tough time and should be given sympathy for that. The press deserve some criticism but if Meghan thought that becoming part of the royal circus was going to be all privilege and no drawbacks she was backing the wrong horse. Harry’s service in the army gains him great credit. I don’t see how all this current breast beating is going to heal rifts. That a family should be torn apart like this is very sad.

I haven’t seen the programme so I can’t comment on its worth but it sounds like a one sided account of affairs. Without some balance that puts a counter view it would be difficult to have an informed opinion on the events described. Why, for instance, were members of the support team at the palace required to sign non-disclosure agreements depriving them of any right of reply? Who has been asked, officially, to argue against some of the more lurid accusations?
Harry has had an emotionally tough time and should be given sympathy for that. The press deserve some criticism but if Meghan thought that becoming part of the royal circus was going to be all privilege and no drawbacks she was backing the wrong horse. Harry’s service in the army gains him great credit. I don’t see how all this current breast beating is going to heal rifts. That a family should be torn apart like this is very sad.
He has gone through what millions of people each year go through.

Minus the millions of pounds in the bank account.

He gets no sympathy from me. He needs to stop playing victim and get on with his life like everyone else has to.

lots of people lose a parent or loved one and don't have the cushion of unlimited wealth to soften the blow. I agree , he needs to get on with life and stop bleating. Not helped himself by marrying an attention seeking gold digger though.

lots of people lose a parent or loved one and don't have the cushion of unlimited wealth to soften the blow. I agree , he needs to get on with life and stop bleating. Not helped himself by marrying an attention seeking gold digger though.
I agree that people lose loved ones and have to cope with it. Tell me about it. But they don’t have to live with the glare of attention this bloke has had to deal with. And you’re right he did have a life of wealth and privilege, lived in the glare of media attention where every move and fault of his were held up to public scrutiny.
I don’t agree with the way he’s dealing with it and I suspect his wife, who actually seems to thrive on attention, and her media friends may be the driving force behind this current nonsense. It’s almost like a version of Stockholm Syndrome where the hostage identifies with the hostage taker.
For all concerned it would be better if he reined back on this campaign because, in the end, I suspect it will make him more isolated and unhappy.

I agree that people lose loved ones and have to cope with it. Tell me about it. But they don’t have to live with the glare of attention this bloke has had to deal with. And you’re right he did have a life of wealth and privilege, lived in the glare of media attention where every move and fault of his were held up to public scrutiny.
I don’t agree with the way he’s dealing with it and I suspect his wife, who actually seems to thrive on attention, and her media friends may be the driving force behind this current nonsense. It’s almost like a version of Stockholm Syndrome where the hostage identifies with the hostage taker.
For all concerned it would be better if he reined back on this campaign because, in the end, I suspect it will make him more isolated and unhappy.
I can see him leaving that relationship eventually and going back to the UK.

Someone might have posted this, but I did laugh that the trailer for their new series on Netflix has a clip of paparazzi seemingly chasing them somewhere, but it’s actually take from Katie Price going into court :ROFLMAO:

Cringeworthy stuff from them. Completely agree with Silhill’s post at the top of this page.

I can see him leaving that relationship eventually and going back to the UK.

Why would you want that though? They are happy together. They have two children together. They earn there own money.

I don't where you get she is a goldigger from. She is a millionaire in her own right.

So he is a victim because of the media attention from his mom and dad. Ok yes. I get that.

But to avoid that he goes full on in on media attraction. Netflix, interviews, documentary after documentary, interview after interview. Sorry. No no no.

If he stayed away from the royals and all media attention then yes. I would sympathise.

But to say he wants escape from attention and then release books and TV programmes and bla bla bla.

Fuck right off.

This won't be popular as I know some of you aren't keen on Diana either.

I watched a 2 hour documentary last year called "The Princess" It was for the 25th anniversary since Diana death.

I had tears rolling down my face in the last hour especially. The media have learnt nothing.

They were doing the same back then. Some of the things being said and done are the same then as now, though worse.

I know Wills was young. At 15 he was already in training for being King one day and had some awareness of why all was happening re the crowds etc

Harry; it was appalling. He was a broken, bewildered little boy who look lost and confused. He didn't understand what was happening around him. He was a grieving child. It broke my heart.

We seen the headlines and somewhat covert racism with Dodi and 20 plus years on nothing has changed.

Back then the media was screaming about how Charles wasn't fit to be king and Camilla was in hiding. Now 20 years on poor Charles etc etc.

I loved Wills and Kate when they were young. Not anymore. They have been turned into clones, stiff and institutionalised.

The women in the RF must be submissive. Diana wasn't. Neither was Fergie and neither is Megan and being of colour has made it worse. Unless your submissive like Camilla and Kate in the high profile roles you won't be accepted

Status
Not open for further replies.