The Day It All Began, Aug 19th 1978 | Vital Football

The Day It All Began, Aug 19th 1978

I know that's from the club's official twitter feed Zakky, but do you reckon it's right?

Although I wasn't there (playing cricket) I was always remember the iconic photo of Ian Gillibrand leading out the team ... and he ain't on that photo above. Come to think of it, neither is Noel Ward nor John Brown ... in fact, who the hell is that goalie?

This photo by the way.

1660927299126.png

Remember being in the kichen at mum and dads sometime end June (ish) in 1978, came on the radio that Wigan Ath had been elected to the league, after all the previous disappointments I couldn't believe it........tears came and a few pints were sunk that day.... 44 years ago, where has it all gone?

Good shout ... I vaguely remember the name. He's one of the reasons though why I think the wrong photo's been used.

Get a life ffs

What on earth is your problem? I know you get off on having a pop at me sometimes, but in this instance, given that I wasn't "up the club's arse" ( summat you've accused me of previously), I'd have thought you might be more approving.

If you're embarrassed cos you didn't think of the possible cock up before posting the pic, that's still no reason tor react as you have. I asked you the question up front if you thought it was right, but instead of answering civilly, you chose to go for the pop instead.

I was going to ask about the identity of a couple of other players too, but according to you, it probably doesn't matter!

You need to let it drop mate ... it's only a discussion forum. :rolleyes:

What on earth is your problem? I know you get off on having a pop at me sometimes, but in this instance, given that I wasn't "up the club's arse" ( summat you've accused me of previously), I'd have thought you might be more approving.

If you're embarrassed cos you didn't think of the possible cock up before posting the pic, that's still no reason tor react as you have. I asked you the question up front if you thought it was right, but instead of answering civilly, you chose to go for the pop instead.

I was going to ask about the identity of a couple of other players too, but according to you, it probably doesn't matter!

You need to let it drop mate ... it's only a discussion forum. :rolleyes:

You need to stop whinging about things that are not important it's just a picture ffs, stop being a drama queen and making an issue out of nothing. If you dont like it contact the club and whinge to them

Its like somebody posts that it's my 40th wedding anniversary and putting a picture of Brigitte Bardot along side it...it's misleading at best.