Summer transfer window thread | Page 520 | Vital Football

Summer transfer window thread

Found this on some Newcastle related FB page:

Jesse Lingard v #NUFC

0 duels won/7
0 dribbles completed/1
0 successful tackles/1

That's exactly why to ignore signing 'names' or players on 'reputation' and go for hungry players who are eager to learn and work hard.

We fell into that trap before in the first relegation season (Duff/Owen etc)

Never again!

#NUFCFans
Paul | Magpie 24/7

Jesse Lingard v #NUFC

0 duels won/7
0 dribbles completed/1
0 successful tackles/1

That's exactly why to ignore signing 'names' or players on 'reputation' and go for hungry players who are eager to learn and work hard.

Never again!

#NUFCFans
Paul | Magpie 24/7
LOL

Jesse Lingard v #NUFC

0 duels won/7
0 dribbles completed/1
0 successful tackles/1

Never again!

#NUFCFans
Paul | Magpie 24/7

I would say surridge and Johnson had similar stats. Lost everything.

Jesse Lingard v #NUFC

0 duels won/7
0 dribbles completed/1
0 successful tackles/1

Never again!

#NUFCFans
Paul | Magpie 24/7
We had plenty of hungry players out there who struggled too.

Personally i dont have problems with big spending, we've earned that right to do it and we've been told to all our faces from the owner it will essentially take 200m+
Im more annoyed at faffing over Davis who could already be doing a job for us and we quibble over a few mil either way, whilst raising the estimate of mgw 30m quid. We knew we wouldnt have a full squad yet, we should have got it done 5 weeks ago. If we get him late we wasted time, if we get someone else, they need to be him plus goals from day one so even more pressure

Also bar hendo neco, richards and jlingz i dont really know many of the other players at all. We aren't yet shopping in the household names arena so its mostly 'faith' as opposed to actual expectation from most of the names mentioned. At least with MGW we do know he will offer us something

Davis is injured so would not be doing a job for us right now other than joining Richards on the treatment table. Keep up chap.

That said, we are apparently talking to Kouyate who turns 33 in december
Over 250 games in the Prem and over 80 caps for Senegal. He wanted a two year deal but Palace only offered one year apparently. Otherwise he would still be there.

I agree that he is still a journeyman but the big difference for me is that when we signed Arter he was the ‘big name’. Kouyate won’t be.

Over 250 games in the Prem and over 80 caps for Senegal. He wanted a two year deal but Palace only offered one year apparently. Otherwise he would still be there.

I agree that he is still a journeyman but the big difference for me is that when we signed Arter he was the ‘big name’. Kouyate won’t be.
Kouyate does literally nothing other than block or win the ball though. No progression of the ball whatsoever

Kouyate does literally nothing other than block or win the ball though. No progression of the ball whatsoever
thats fine if you pair him with a willing runner next to him
Put the right players around him and that’s fine. Ideally we sign Freuler or someone similar and Kouyate is used while they get up to speed and then is used as back up.

We need someone in the middle to stop us getting overrun and Kouyate should be good enough for that.

Put the right players around him and that’s fine. Ideally we sign Freuler or someone similar and Kouyate is used while they get up to speed and then is used as back up.

We need someone in the middle to stop us getting overrun and Kouyate should be good enough for that.
if memory serves me right vieira played him in their 533 and he was pretty much in most of their games...if vieira thought he was good enough to do the ball winning job then thats good enough for me

According to his current manager he is. Why would you not believe that? Odd thing to say if you want to sell him anyway as that brings the price down. Gerrard seems as honest as they come with the media. Why would you not believe him?
To placate the fans. If the buying manager knows he's not injured and he's just been withdrawn from matches to make sure he doesn't actually get injured before the transfer goes through, everyone's happy.