Summer transfer window thread | Page 510 | Vital Football

Summer transfer window thread

David Curry.
Good man, that's it.

• Sometime later Currie told Clough, "I am buying a house in Nottingham, boss," to which Cloughie replied, "I shouldn't bother, because you're not staying." Allegedly!!!! He was quickly loaned out to Oldham Athletic, so there seems to be some truth in the basis of the story.

We are getting hosed by 20m if we are agreeing a 40m deal for MGW. I hope this doesn't go through, and like the other poster stated, Guedes at 27m, or Gakpo at a similar prices offers far more value. EM might be losing his mind on this one, unless it's 25m fee with 15m add-ons based on 1m per year everytime we stay up

We are getting hosed by 20m if we are agreeing a 40m deal for MGW. I hope this doesn't go through, and like the other poster stated, Guedes at 27m, or Gakpo at a similar prices offers far more value. EM might be losing his mind on this one, unless it's 25m fee with 15m add-ons based on 1m per year everytime we stay up

i hope to God we're not paying this much however it's structured. Going off the 90mins we saw yesterday MGW goes no way to solving the biggest problems we have and he is a player I like.

If we are still going to spend another 70m
on a couple of powerhouse CM's and a couple of forwards then fine but I can't see it

They said no to £25m up front and £10m add ons, I suspect it's now £30m up front and £10m add ons I baulked at the first offer. They are making a few million and getting arguably a better player.

Good man, that's it.

• Sometime later Currie told Clough, "I am buying a house in Nottingham, boss," to which Cloughie replied, "I shouldn't bother, because you're not staying." Allegedly!!!! He was quickly loaned out to Oldham Athletic, so there seems to be some truth in the basis of the story.
This story is entirely true. The conversation took place in the Forest changing room. Clough asked him if he was looking for a house, the reply was "yes" and the then the above reply.

And this right here is why I nod and agree with people sometimes when they say football fans are idiots.

What was a mistake I think was buying him as a number 9 when we were overall informed by his previous club and his Nigerian fans that he was simply not a number 9. To me it makes it more annoying that we didnt just snap up Davis weeks ago who could have had a full preseason with us and simply works. Hed hold the ball up against anybody quite frankly.

So hope Yates is back next week.

What was a mistake I think was buying him as a number 9 when we were overall informed by his previous club and his Nigerian fans that he was simply not a number 9. To me it makes it more annoying that we didnt just snap up Davis weeks ago who could have had a full preseason with us and simply works. Hed hold the ball up against anybody quite frankly.

Still think we’ll get him. On a perm it will be well under £10m, still think it will be a loan to buy

Taiewo was probably on the bench because Surridge looked sharper in front of goal pre season, but he hardly had a sniff and didn't really have any effect, I think it will be the other way round next week.

tbh after that game we could have Haaland up front and wed be ineffective. What's the saying, you have to earn the right to play football (?) Midfielders need to be good in both halves of the pitch

What about Norwich s Puki? That guy scores goals on a regular basis, even in the Premiership...is he still with them?

it could all be made up by media figures. JLinz was supposedly on £200,000 a week. Widely reported as fact for days and in some cases weeks. Turns out very different. Take it with a pinch of salt.

We’ve got to show belief in the players. I don’t agree with writing off Surridge and O’Brien after one Premier League game. They are 24 and 23 respectively and can improve. Yes, we need to bring in additional players in certain positions, but we’re not going to have a starting XI of proven PL players this season. We simply have to believe in the capacity of players to adapt and improve and there are not many better than Cooper at guiding that improvement.

That header that Surridge fluffed was shockingly bad

I think when you've been sat in Cooper's planning meetings and team strategy talks, you may have misconstrued what he was telling you.

We are playing a 3-4-1-2. That means Awoniyi isn't being expected to hold the ball up as a role- he is expected to run the channels opposite Johnson.

Which, when you think about it (challenge!!!) Makes a lot of sense compared to what he has done before.

Now, I wasn't in those planning meetings with Cooper like you were, but I do have eyes and common sense