Bottom of Prem vs Champs of L1. | Vital Football

Bottom of Prem vs Champs of L1.

moonay

Vital Football Legend
On paper, an easy prediction. On grass, a little less certain ... though only a little. There's absolutely no doubt whatsoever that teams coming down from the Prem have a massive financial advantage over the rest of the league ... and especially the newly promoted teams. That said though, football isn't a game that can always be measured in tangible stuff ... like money.

Last weekend, our battling team - without the luxury of any additional players to who we had in the last campaign - more than held our own against a North End team who've been solidly mid-table ever since their return to this league. At the same time, a Cardiff team who struggled last season, finishing 18th beat the relegated East Anglians.

So, what are we to make of that? Personally, I still think Norwich will be one of the favourites for an immediate return to the Prem, so a loss wouldn't be a disaster. It's not the likes of these men we have to beat in order to retain our position in this league.

I think we can get summat out of tomorrow though. We've a number of players who can magic summat out of nowt. Moreover, we have an attitude that says we don't know we're beaten, and we're going to keep on coming at you till that final whistle's blown.

Head says 2-0 them. Heart says 2-0 us. Fence says take a(nother) draw.

As long as we give a good account of ourselves and don’t get hammered I’ll take it.

It will be interesting to see how effective our style is against better opposition. Last year we tended to beat the teams lower down but lose against the teams at the top. We need to ensure we don’t sit too deep as mentioned above, at times last year we had 10 men behind the ball with Magennis left with no chance as our only outlet. Hopefully we will see a bit more fluidity in our system with Lang and McClean providing pace on the counter when we do recover possession.

Just hope if we get beat we learn from it and the manager does it’s a big test for him as well.
Hopefully we don’t go on a Paul Cook route and go on 30 odd game run away without a win

When you think about it, considering the paucity of points from away games, Cooky did superb to keep us up those two seasons ... the first one in particular.

On paper, an easy prediction. On grass, a little less certain ... though only a little. There's absolutely no doubt whatsoever that teams coming down from the Prem have a massive financial advantage over the rest of the league ... and especially the newly promoted teams. That said though, football isn't a game that can always be measured in tangible stuff ... like money.

Last weekend, our battling team - without the luxury of any additional players to who we had in the last campaign - more than held our own against a North End team who've been solidly mid-table ever since their return to this league. At the same time, a Cardiff team who struggled last season, finishing 18th beat the relegated East Anglians.

So, what are we to make of that? Personally, I still think Norwich will be one of the favourites for an immediate return to the Prem, so a loss wouldn't be a disaster. It's not the likes of these men we have to beat in order to retain our position in this league.

I think we can get summat out of tomorrow though. We've a number of players who can magic summat out of nowt. Moreover, we have an attitude that says we don't know we're beaten, and we're going to keep on coming at you till that final whistle's blown.

We defiy

We defy the odds that's we do UTFT

We are in the mini league of teams likely to finish bottom 8, they are in the mini league of teams expecting to finish top 8. This game is a free hit for us. I have zero expectations, in fact, if anything I'm a little concerned already about the potential impact on our end of season goal difference, but whatever happens, there will be no over-reaction from me and by 12:30 I'll be slightly giddy and starting to convince myself that we can actually get something out of the game.

Looking at the first 6 matches. We’re is the first win coming

Deja vu to the start of last season John and that turned out to be a fantastic spell. Hopefully the first win comes tomorrow, but I think any of the next 3 are also very realistic 3 pointers. Tomorrow will be tricky. There's a massive imbalance between relegated prem clubs and the rest, but we've overcome that before. If Magennis plays ugly tomorrow then Keane will get chances. He just needs to pack his scoring boots

2-0 Norwich but we will give our all, but very difficult to predict considering it’s the second game of the season, my prediction is based purely on the title of this thread

Looking at the first 6 matches. We’re is the first win coming
I understand this view ... and I hope most "reasonable" people would do too ... so let's hope there's no moaning if we don't have a win in this series of games.

We’re playing Norwich at the best possible time. They are coming off a loss and their fans will be expecting them to comfortably see us off, but that expectancy could be their undoing. 2-1 us. UTFT!

I fear a beating here if you look at both teams they have pukki upfront we will probably have magennis really disappointed we haven't invested in squad very little creativity at this level can't see were the goals are coming from hope I'm wrong 3 nil norwich

Just in from th' pub ....hopeful for tomorrow, with zero expectations.. Probably lose.though .. but does it really matter?.
:shake: