Summer transfer window thread | Page 121 | Vital Football

Summer transfer window thread

O'Brien has good attributes but Id rather have a bogstandard EPL level player with experience for the midfield.
Its a panic area for me, where we will lose ALOT of games if don't have someone solid who's used to the EPL.

I suggest we do what we did with McKenna (we paid £1m extra for promotion on top of the £3m) and add in a relegation clause paying extra to clubs if we stay up which is going to be really hard.

I'd very much like to see some bodies coming in now! I'm not panicking with regards signings, but I want to start getting excited for the team we'll be watching next season and seeing a new level of talent start flowing into the club.
The rumours have definitely stepped up a notch in the last few days, you'd think the first couple of announcements have to be very close.

Ok Daniel Taylor said gibbs white still high on list and samba going to lens

Still dont quite get the whole samba problem. Seems like we offered to double.his wages. Why wont he stay and fight for his place? Show us henderson is a mistake and why we should be paying brice 100k a week? Somemut gone wrong there

I'd very much like to see some bodies coming in now! I'm not panicking with regards signings, but I want to start getting excited for the team we'll be watching next season and seeing a new level of talent start flowing into the club.
The rumours have definitely stepped up a notch in the last few days, you'd think the first couple of announcements have to be very close.

Meltdowns are being planned from Wednesday.

Dont know why people are not more excited by taiwo, would people have been more excited if he was only 12m or is it ramos or bust?

Still dont quite get the whole samba problem. Seems like we offered to double.his wages. Why wont he stay and fight for his place? Show us henderson is a mistake and why we should be paying brice 100k a week? Somemut gone wrong there
From what I could piece together, Samba’s wage doubled from £17k to £34k on promotion. He only has a year left on his contract and we waited til we knew what division we were in before offering a new one. Because his wage had just doubled we offered him a new contract on the same terms ie £34k per week.

Samba then decided to pitch a fit…

They have got it very right. Samba is OK. He has his good moments but he has too many bad. He fails to dominate 6 yard box, let’s too many crosses go free and is suspect at near post. His temperament is questionable and not sure all of this balances his excellent distribution. Premiership defences will play on his weaknesses and set pieces and crosses will become such a problem it will cost us 20 goals over a season. The central defenders are bailing him out.

Henderson is another class. The defence, instead of bailing him out will be concentrating on their own job. Forest wanted a top keeper last year but could not afford fee or wages. Now we can. Having one of the best is crucial. If successful in signing, we can expect the back three to be far more solid. Still requires some pace in there but has good foundation.

it is no surprise that the talked about transfers this week is goalkeeper, centreback, centre forward. Straight down the spine of the team. Get this sorted first before looking at wingbacks, midfield and wide men.

Goalkeeper is priority. If it wasn’t for his distribution I would place both Horvath and Smith in front of Samba. Flappy hands has to go.

Interesting to hear the transfer gossip. Keep it coming.
Two things I am pretty certain of.
Firstly the due diligence on players appears to be the best we have had in some time. Obviously you can only rate / compare the ability of players from their respective leagues.
Secondly, I know that if the players are willing to learn Cooper will teach and improve them.

He's kinda French. That is all the reason needed for any weird attitude witnessed.

Sky Sport reporter Florian Plettenberg has revealed that there is no longer any "willingness to talk" and that bosses at Mainz don't want talks to continue after receiving a 'ridiculous' first offer from Forest. It is claimed that the transfer fee was "far below" €10 million (£8.6 million)