Summer transfer window thread | Page 36 | Vital Football

Summer transfer window thread

Its golden comments like this that make me want to get on Joms Yacht, sail down the Grantham Canal to Lemnos, get ravaged by some Sirens then whack my pip on Talos ankle in a joyful frenzy, writhing in ecstasy before both falling to the floor spent.

Not that I care one jot of course

Has one been reading the Mills and Boon again?

I think 40m for a 30 year old with one year left on his contract is wishful thinking.

Burnley do have the option of another year but Pope is one of their higher earners, and they are up to their gonads in debt and all the other clubs know that.

Some people may think it a tad extravagant in paying a sizeable sum on a keeper; well just remember what Peter Taylor said about a top class keeper being worth 10 points a season, and that was old money when a win was worth a mere two points.

10 points equates to nearly 25% of safety

Precisely, i wasnt scoffing at the idea of a keeper, or even which keeper as pope is decent, it was the price!

I love samba but concerned he has too much personality for the PL. Peter Taylor i dont think was wrong about anything to do with football, ever (apart from THAT episode with mr clough). Given his wages, 10m is generous but worth it imo

1) Brennan is now worth more after that performance

2) Any chance of Bale signing for Cardiff, as their fans seem to think might be on, has just evaporated

Johnson obviously loved that nervy high stakes final followed by an orgy of celebration so much he fancied going through it all again a week later.

Well done Wales

I've been meaning to check this but how is the EPL squeezing the WC in to the same season calender as before? I think I read the schedule is out at the end of next week?

If we're shutting up shop for 6 weeks over xmas it's good as it'll give us time to repair and recuperate, but they'll be some heavy legs on a lot of pitches come mid way through the second half of the season with the amount of fast paced games in quick succession, you could see us slow down in those 8 games in April, the squad and bench will come into its own more than any other season and some well versed freebies such as Rothwell etc will definitely help us keep our head above water.

Last edited:
2) Any chance of Bale signing for Cardiff, as their fans seem to think might be on, has just evaporated

The big Cardiff fan I sit next to at work reckons it's daft paper talk, they have signed a couple of decent players already from the lower leagues so seem to be getting a plan in place rather than big money gambles, they're also bloody skint.

The big Cardiff fan I sit next to at work reckons it's daft paper talk, they have signed a couple of decent players already from the lower leagues so seem to be getting a plan in place rather than big money gambles, they're also bloody skint.

Bale could play for free for Cardiff and pick his games just to stay fit for the World Cup.

However, i don’t think championship football will be good for his legs with the likes of Luton kicking lumps out of him!

He should finally come to us!