Mull of Kyntyre | Vital Football

Mull of Kyntyre

I was just thinking; watching 40,000 reds all singing Mull of Kintyre was an unbelievable experience.

Wembley is like an airport in the concourse, but they don't half put on a great show for the fans. Playing our little video before the game, same for Town, and then each club's songs, even stopping it at the right moment for the fans to sing; Wembley successfully pumped up a great atmosphere before and after and really matched the enormity of the occasion.

Town fans are complaining that their stands were full of too many mums telling everyone to sit down. Wasn't like that in our stands.

Even the sky pundits seemed taken aback by the scale of the noise and party in those stands.

Such an absolute privilege to be part of it

Yep

And I also think the City Ground DJ should make sure Freed from Desire gets played at end of every home game we win or draw next season

That song was as good if not better than just can't get enough at the end of the match yesterday

Yep

And I also think the City Ground DJ should make sure Freed from Desire gets played at end of every home game we win or draw next season

That song was as good if not better than just can't get enough at the end of the match yesterday
Yeah, a real party song that really fit the atmosphere

Yep

I'm sure they said on Radio Nottm that the guys who does pre match at the clubs were given the gig at Wembley so that would explain why all the right songs had all the right pauses and mutes. Listening from home it was awesome and even the Missus was a moved.

If I remember correctly Jimmy Gordon always denied being the Wolf, and this imposter is neither.

And there is no way on Earth that JG would have been slumming it down on the concourse.

I think its time we started looking at the Macro and not the Micro

If I remember correctly Jimmy Gordon always denied being the Wolf, and this imposter is neither.

And there is no way on Earth that JG would have been slumming it down on the concourse.

I think its time we started looking at the Macro and not the Micro

It is definitely me

I was The Wolf. Kev set me up with a new account.

He named it Jimmy Gordon. Told me to initially deny I was The Wolf. Cant remember why. Think some Club officials were trying to force me off here at the time. Or something like that?

Re the slumming it. Lol. I went with my son who would only want to be with the proper fans in the proper part of the stadium

Having said that he ditched me at half time to go and stand with his mates!!!!

Lol

Pope will confirm - he knows me and him used to chat in the old days in PMs about some personal stuff I will p.m. him so he can confirm it's really me

(Was going to message him anyway)

Who was the poster who used to write brilliant descriptive stuff on here

I remember one post he did about Avengers Assemble and Chris Fairclough rising from a river with a salmon in his mouth!!

Is he still around?

He could write a brilliant summary about this season?

It is definitely me

I was The Wolf. Kev set me up with a new account.

He named it Jimmy Gordon. Told me to initially deny I was The Wolf. Cant remember why. Think some Club officials were trying to force me off here at the time. Or something like that?

Re the slumming it. Lol. I went with my son who would only want to be with the proper fans in the proper part of the stadium

Having said that he ditched me at half time to go and stand with his mates!!!!

Lol

Pope will confirm - he knows me and him used to chat in the old days in PMs about some personal stuff I will p.m. him so he can confirm it's really me

(Was going to message him anyway)

As it happens I can recall a few PMs we exchanged, one was about Mark Arthur and a transfer list drawn up by Billy Davies - maybe you would like to confirm the content of that discussion?

As it happens I can recall a few PMs we exchanged, one was about Mark Arthur and a transfer list drawn up by Billy Davies - maybe you would like to confirm the content of that discussion?

No prob

That's when there were 7 players on Billy's transfer target list for the summer that he submitted to Doughty and 6 or all 7 (can't remember exactly which) were all with same agent!

And Mark Arthur (I think it was him) said

"you must think we are fookin stupid"

All of the above allegedly of course

A lots happened since then of course

I've even forgotten the name of Billy's mate. The guy who Fawaz even put in charge for a while!!!

What was his name again Mao?

No prob

That's when there were 7 players on Billy's transfer target list for the summer that he submitted to Doughty and 6 or all 7 (can't remember exactly which) were all with same agent!

And Mark Arthur (I think it was him) said

"you must think we are fookin stupid"

All of the above allegedly of course

A lots happened since then of course

I've even forgotten the name of Billy's mate. The guy who Fawaz even put in charge for a while!!!

What was his name again Mao?

Billy's mate?

Do you mean his cousin?

Jim Price

I was just thinking; watching 40,000 reds all singing Mull of Kintyre was an unbelievable experience.

Wembley is like an airport in the concourse, but they don't half put on a great show for the fans. Playing our little video before the game, same for Town, and then each club's songs, even stopping it at the right moment for the fans to sing; Wembley successfully pumped up a great atmosphere before and after and really matched the enormity of the occasion.

Town fans are complaining that their stands were full of too many mums telling everyone to sit down. Wasn't like that in our stands.

Even the sky pundits seemed taken aback by the scale of the noise and party in those stands.

Such an absolute privilege to be part of it
It was great, as is what you said about the show put on. They showed footage at some point of the DJ mixing the tracks as he played them, and he got it bang on. Our stands were full of people who wanted to play their part in getting the team over the line: the Forest lilo; the red flare when there was a goal; the scarves aloft on Mull of Kintyre and the spinning of them the rest of the time. It was great to be there, but I, and others who went, earned our presence and our promotion. The contrast with Huddersfield, who could not even sell their tickets, could not have been greater.
It was also notable that there were fewer songs about Derby than usual. Perhaps success for Nottingham Forest banishes the schadenfreude about a smaller and unworthy rival.