Road to Wembley play list | Vital Football

Road to Wembley play list

LynxRed

Vital Squad Member
What tunes would you put into a Forest play list for your drive to Wembley? Songs you remember from the CG or songs that gave rise to chants, anything with an NFFC connection.

Mull of Kintyre
Beautiful Day - U2
Chelsea Dagger - Fratellis
Welcome to the Jungle - G&R
Born Slippy - Underworld
Just Can't Get Enough - Depeche Mode

That's not exactly getting me to Wembley though, I could do with a few more! 😁

What tunes would you put into a Forest play list for your drive to Wembley? Songs you remember from the CG or songs that gave rise to chants, anything with an NFFC connection.

Mull of Kintyre
Beautiful Day - U2
Chelsea Dagger - Fratellis
Welcome to the Jungle - G&R
Born Slippy - Underworld
Just Can't Get Enough - Depeche Mode

That's not exactly getting me to Wembley though, I could do with a few more! 😁
Let me Entertain you - Robbie Williams
Thunderstruck - ACDC
Insomnia - Faithless
Pyjanoo - Eric Prydz
Knights of Cydonia - Muse
Free Bird - Lynyrd Skynrd
Run Boy Run - Woodkid
Dakota - Stereophonics

If you are trying to get into the City Ground warm- up music feel, you need to add Pjanoo by Erik Prydz. ...o h I see someone has already said that! Bring Me Sunshine is a good one too. Lost that Loving Feeling not so far been included. Why not have "Welcome to the Pleasuredome" by Frankie Goes to Hollywood, or their "Two Tribes". Those both have a stadium warm up feel to them. In fact there is a 40- minute long remix of Welcome to the Pleasuredome which will kill some motorway.

I was very pleased when Forest got rid of We Will Rock You as it seemed too camp after being used on Gladiators, but I reckon it is a good one for this sort of fixture.
And "Incredible" by General Levy is a good builder, as is Major Lazer and Light it Up.

And for a bit of a leftfield celebratory one, "Start Wearing Purple" by Gogol Bordello.

Plus if you're going to Wembley, why has nobody yet put "London Calling"?
and Tubthumping by Chumbawumba

And from the Jonny Evans film, "I Believe in Miracles".
What could be more apt for a promotion play- off?
Sorry to keep adding to this- I almost wish I were in your car, even though I don't know you and all I have to do is cross London with my mate!

Whatever you do don't put " On days like these" by Matt Monro on there .
Missus dropped me off at train station and this was playing , i really love this song and said "oh this is a classic , it must be a sign for today ".....yep it was a sign alright....
I got nicked and we lost 5-1 at Norwich .:rotfl: