General politics thread: | Page 194 | Vital Football

General politics thread:

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're making things up again toms.

I know you're hurting this morning because the far-right Putin fan-girl didn't win, but you'll get over it in time. Keep your chin up x

Yes I am pretty annoyed that the amazing EU project that you hold onto has stopped all wars in Europe since World War 2 , still goes on. Dependent on Russian gas and oil. How they laughed at Trump. Keep grasping onto your little comfort blanket

Yes I am pretty annoyed that the amazing EU project that you hold onto has stopped all wars in Europe since World War 2 , still goes on. Dependent on Russian gas and oil. How they laughed at Trump. Keep grasping onto your little comfort blanket

Making things up again, toms. You'll get a reputation if you keep doing this.

More Macron. What a disaster for the French. Does this mean 42.5 percent of voting France are “far right” as AC and Basha put it? That’s a big number

I love the way these leaders say they will bring their countries together yet with every election their countries become more divided. We all know it. It will never happen.
Probably not as far right as you, chap.

Which part fella?

You must have learnt how to cut and paste over the weekend. Your It skills have really come on

You've repeatedly suggested that I have some sort of obsession with the EU and cannot accept the fact that we've left, which is demonstrable nonsense.

You're either making that up or confusing me with another poster. Given how readily you make things up and how easily you get confused, it could be either.

I guess your repeated references to the EU shine a light on why you're so upset that Macron won; you were praying the far-right would get in and then take France out of the EU. What a pity.

Macron is far from an ideal choice but in comparison with Le Pen…? Things would have gone downhill fast had she been voted in.

Interesting that the only person who can’t see that is owd QAnon Toms…

More Macron. What a disaster for the French. Does this mean 42.5 percent of voting France are “far right” as AC and Basha put it? That’s a big number

I love the way these leaders say they will bring their countries together yet with every election their countries become more divided. We all know it. It will never happen.

They dont use first past the post so no it doesnt mean that

Macron is far from an ideal choice but in comparison with Le Pen…? Things would have gone downhill fast had she been voted in.

Interesting that the only person who can’t see that is owd QAnon Toms…

😊😊

Yep you are right. With France’s parliamentary system , president can only do so much.

And when you say downhill do you mean everything is tickety boo now in french cities. You are absolutely blind. Don’t let that “far right” boogie monster come too close.

Bash who would you have preferred to Macron? Just asking as you seem to know so much about french politics

You've repeatedly suggested that I have some sort of obsession with the EU and cannot accept the fact that we've left, which is demonstrable nonsense.

You're either making that up or confusing me with another poster. Given how readily you make things up and how easily you get confused, it could be either.

I guess your repeated references to the EU shine a light on why you're so upset that Macron won; you were praying the far-right would get in and then take France out of the EU. What a pity.

Nope. I distinctly recall you as a big EU supporter along with pretty much everyone else on here. I haven’t suggested you don’t accept the result. Do you?

And absolutely yes. Would love to have less political Europe. 100 percent. Still the wars that never happened in Europe and aren’t happening thanks to the Eu. We can still hold onto that fig leaf…..not!

Nope. I distinctly recall you as a big EU supporter along with pretty much everyone else on here. I haven’t suggested you don’t accept the result. Do you?

What exactly do you mean by "big EU supporter" and what have I said/done - other than having voted Remain - to make you think that?

Yes I do accept the result; I don't think you'll have found me calling for the result to be overturned or for a second referendum.

But that doesn't change the fact that I think leaving was a mistake and until I'm convinced otherwise - and believe it or not I am open to being convinced otherwise - I'll hold onto that view. That doesn't mean that I'm "clinging on to a project" or however you want to put it.

Probably not as far right as you, chap.

Bash why don’t you set out 3 “far right” comments I’ve made on this site personally. Then let’s debate whether they are far right. I’m talking about actual policies. I think if you are going to make potentially defamatory comments about someone you ought to justify it. Because you keep on insinuating far right is a bad thing…and that I am more far right. Let’s keep it to Uk politics as it would be more of an even playing field for you.

Last edited:
What exactly do you mean by "big EU supporter" and what have I said/done - other than having voted Remain - to make you think that?

Yes I do accept the result; I don't think you'll have found me calling for the result to be overturned or for a second referendum.

But that doesn't change the fact that I think leaving was a mistake and until I'm convinced otherwise - and believe it or not I am open to being convinced otherwise - I'll hold onto that view. That doesn't mean that I'm "clinging on to a project" or however you want to put it.

AC you were deriding me for being a brexiteer . You think it’s an idiotic idea and a mistake. Fine. I get that. I never derided you for being a remainer. If you voted remain you believe in the EU project. That’s also fine. But if you believe in that you are going to be delighted Macron won because he is the numero 1 for that cause:

AC you were deriding me for being a brexiteer . You think it’s an idiotic idea and a mistake. Fine. I get that. I never derided you for being a remainer. If you voted remain you believe in the EU project. That’s also fine. But if you believe in that you are going to be delighted Macron won because he is the numero 1 for that cause:

This is where your blatant hypocrisy shines through, toms.

Earlier in this thread you said that the 'left' simply label anyone who disagrees with them as being 'far right'.

You're now suggesting that anyone who voted Remain will be delighted with the French election result because Macron won, rather than because the far-right candidate lost.

You're doing exactly the same as what you have accused the 'left' of doing.

This is where your blatant hypocrisy shines through, toms.

Earlier in this thread you said that the 'left' simply label anyone who disagrees with them as being 'far right'.

You're now suggesting that anyone who voted Remain will be delighted with the French election result because Macron won, rather than because the far-right candidate lost.

You're doing exactly the same as what you have accused the 'left' of doing.

Not at all. There is no hypocrisy. This particular part of the thread was about whether you were delighted with a macron win. I pointed out to you that was an eu institution related comment.

And yes to your point, the majority (if not all) remainers will be very happy macron won for that reason because let’s face it most people don’t know French politics and weren’t that familiar with what Le pen was saying.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.